Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Unknown miss! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown miss! Please help

Ok I have a 370 with 823 heads and and l92 intake fully bolted I just installed this into my 2005 Chevy Swb I'm having a miss and can not for the life of me figure out what's causing it It's got a mis at pretty much all of part throttle but not at wide open. I've replaced cam sensor, crank sensor, all 8 coils, wires, spark plugs, maf, map, o2s, took laptop tried to turn **** off and mess with stuff checked timing gear all please any help would be appreciated
Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I can tell you have went about it wrong in replacing all those parts that weren't needed.

You need somebody to powerbrake the truck and make it miss. Then pull each coil wire to see which cylinder is misfiring. Then find out what that cylinder is missing to make it mis-fire. The motor needs fuel, spark, and compression to fire. So then you can go from there to find what that cylinder doesn't have.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Well, I can tell you have went about it wrong in replacing all those parts that weren't needed.

You need somebody to powerbrake the truck and make it miss. Then pull each coil wire to see which cylinder is misfiring. Then find out what that cylinder is missing to make it mis-fire. The motor needs fuel, spark, and compression to fire. So then you can go from there to find what that cylinder doesn't have.
That's normally how I would attempt to solve this but it does not miss at wot it's random which is making it even more difficult it's not the same cylinder and its inconsistent sometimes it's 1 cylinder sometimes it's 2-3
Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like the cam is off a tooth.

Quick Reply: Unknown miss! Please help