Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's ths and where does it connect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's ths and where does it connect?

I just reassembled my engine. On the driver side there is a connector over rear third of the valve cover. It connects to a sensor that is held in place by a little slit on the intake. I small vacuum line appears to run from it and connects to the t in the pic. I'm just not sure where to connect the t. I'm guessing it was part of my air system but that's been gone for years. I'm holding the t in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails What's ths and where does it connect?-image.jpg  
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just plug the tee its part of the AIR system
Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The more I think about it. I didn't have this plugged off before I removed the heads to change the lifters, so can you guys think of anywhere else I would have had it connected. Im wondering why I didn't get a vaccum leak if I really jut had it open to air. My buddy was helping with the tear down so Im not sure.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:36 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The T should actually be behind the intake manifold. The top hose is the only line from the AIR system (and should subsequently be capped off). The other vacuum hose goes to the HVAC system (runs to the passenger side of the car) and needs to be hooked up to the T so that it can draw vacuum from the manifold to operate the mixing doors.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demonspeed
The T should actually be behind the intake manifold. The top hose is the only line from the AIR system (and should subsequently be capped off). The other vacuum hose goes to the HVAC system (runs to the passenger side of the car) and needs to be hooked up to the T so that it can draw vacuum from the manifold to operate the mixing doors.
Ok Im a little confused. Is there a spot on the intake that has another vacuum. When I replaced the intake. There was a vaccum line coming from the passenger firewall that I connected directed to the intake. The map sensor was never removed and I just reconnected the switch. The big vacuum went to the brake booster.,,. and I reconnected the tall breakable sensor, (i think its oil pressure. So where exact would I plug the T. Right now while difficult to tell from the pic. I have the t hose connected to the switch and hose shown in the pic but thats whats leaving the T as a with a femal and male plug.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah... ok, I see now. That's not behind the intake; rather, you're saying it's along the side of the intake/above the valve cover. The only other vacuum lines I am aware of (sans the HVAC line and booster line) are for the AIR system. I don't know that I recall another T fitting anywhere, though.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T fitting goes on the back of the intake and one side goes to the HVAC the other connecting to your AIR solenoid. The AIR mechenism is on the side of the intake above #5. You can plug the HVAC line coming from the passenger side behind the computer directly to the rear of the intake and delete the AIR.

Quick Reply: What's ths and where does it connect?