TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default ford to add 1400 jobs in michigan

due to strong fusion sales.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-b...mighty-mustang
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see American's get jobs instead of the jobs going to Mexico and China.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Heater
Glad to see American's get jobs instead of the jobs going to Mexico and China.
Heh... And I passed on the Fusion ONLY because it's made in Mexico! I got an engine from Spain or whatever, but my vehicle was built in Kentucky... or I think that was the place! So far, so good. Only about 1,000 miles on it, but mileage seems to be increasing and I have a heavy foot. I only wish I'd waited for AWD. I miss that and this thing spins tires too easily. Otherwise, Ford did a very good job with it as of now.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Isn't that the same number of people that will be murdered in Detroit next year? Lol! J/k! Glad to see someone is adding employees!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Great news. My hometown and the country needs this.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Continue to do that and my next car, or maybe that of the woman... Fusion. Those are really nice cars. I like the Taurus SHO more, but it's 10k or more over the top Fusion trim level. If it'd been made in America 3weeks earlier, I'd have gotten one.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy just bought a Fusion and loves it.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Furious1
My buddy just bought a Fusion and loves it.
You should drive it and see what he means. They really are very nice.

The 2.0L is the best version imo. That engine is highly rated, but the fact is, for a 4 banger, it gets the job done well. "Only" about 240hp, but that's plenty for the weight. It spins a tad too easily, but AWD takes care of that instantly. I really enjoyed each one I drove for several reasons, but I wasn't impressed with the 1.6L due to noise and never drove the 1.5L version at all(didn't see any till I decided on the 2L). I skipped on the older 2.5L as well, convinced it was short on power for me. If that one had a turbo with slightly lower compression, I think it would be better than the others. Oh well... Ford is making that for fleets, apparently. On the other hand, the dealers are loaded with them.

They were all labeled "3" (Mexico) when I was looking, so I decided to spend $1,700 less and get the Escape Titanium instead. It lacks the lane assist, which actually helps put you BACK INTO your lane and paddle shifters, but it seems all the other Fusion stuff is available on the Escape. I'm still learning the thing, but it's got gadgets! They even told me it's its own hotspot...

Ford has gone to the edge(no pun intended) on technology and that's really why I bought the one I did in the end. I thought of a less technical pickup, but fuel economy drove me away and I like the stuff I'd have been passing on with the pickup. I only wish the car had as much power. The Taurus SHO stands as my favorite Ford car, but too much money... I don't like spending what I did, let alone over 40k. Could've had one for less, but not with all the stuff I wanted.

Ultimately, people are buying these cars like crazy and that's what led Ford to move to the USA plant. Good for them!

Quick Reply: ford to add 1400 jobs in michigan