Moving to San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moving to San Antonio

hey all, im currently in Phoenix, AZ and after I finish school, im looking to move to san Antonio. im from el paso so going back to the great state of Texas is obvious. well, my question is, hows the car scene in san Antonio? I have a few Camaros and me and my wife(and kids), love to go cruising and race and what not. I also wanted to know how the economy is? housing here in phx is pretty cheap, but so is the pay. what areas is a good place to look for a nice home, with a big garage and access to putting cars in the backyard? and no HOA. also hows the job scene? I really would like to work at a speed shop, but most of my experience on paper is diesel trucks. but above all, who is down to bbq and throw back a few when I get there?!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was planning on moving to SA a couple o months back but plans changed when I got a great offer here at home. (Odessa) between El Paso and SA. Housing is pretty cheap, I know houses are about $50-80k cheaper than Odessa. Holler at move when you move I go at least once a month to San Antonio.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

There's a few meets that go on a regular basis here in Sa. There's also a few shops you may wanna apply at. Henderson Performance in New Braunfels, Fuel Injection Specialties, Nelson Performance, Lethal Performance etc.

Also check out http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/ theres some cool cats in there and all live in Sa and have ok cars. Theres this one guy named Chon with a blue stang, its like really slow, but the kid has a good heart, god bless him and his slowness.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on down bro san Antonio is the place to be, wife is from el paso so we all was go up there car scene is bad *** here in san Antonio there is always something to do every weekend.

As for the hoa .... well you get what you pay for want to live in the hood with no hoa or live in a nice neighborhood and pay a small fee???

Good luck bro
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car scene is good here in sa. Housing is cheap of course its texas. Know a good place where you can start on for performance
Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by steveo346
There's a few meets that go on a regular basis here in Sa. There's also a few shops you may wanna apply at. Henderson Performance in New Braunfels, Fuel Injection Specialties, Nelson Performance, Lethal Performance etc.

Also check out http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/ theres some cool cats in there and all live in Sa and have ok cars. Theres this one guy named Chon with a blue stang, its like really slow, but the kid has a good heart, god bless him and his slowness.

It's www.modernmusclesa.com Steve lool
Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
I was about to say lol. We welcome all lsx friends, and some fords as well lol
Old 09-21-2013, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pollo432
I was planning on moving to SA a couple o months back but plans changed when I got a great offer here at home. (Odessa) between El Paso and SA. Housing is pretty cheap, I know houses are about $50-80k cheaper than Odessa. Holler at move when you move I go at least once a month to San Antonio.
Oh ok ive been through Odessa before. I used to drive through there to get to SA from EPT, I have some cousins in SA. that's good im looking forward to cheap housing! lol. ill be sure to give you a holler when I head that way man.

Originally Posted by steveo346

awesome man. I can imagine there are some fast imports and mustangs to play with right? lol. I heard pretty good things about those shops. hopefully those guys aren't to packed with techs right now. ill have to hit them up. I checked out that website and all I found was a performance online store...

Originally Posted by ram88gta
come on down bro san Antonio is the place to be, wife is from el paso so we all was go up there car scene is bad *** here in san Antonio there is always something to do every weekend.

As for the hoa .... well you get what you pay for want to live in the hood with no hoa or live in a nice neighborhood and pay a small fee???

Good luck bro
hell yea man that's what im looking forward to. the car scene here is pretty big here too, but a lot of people here like to run their mouths, not their cars. the only reason I don't want to live in HOA is because of my cars. I get ticketed here for working on my cars in the garage with the garage doors open. also for parking in the street since my driveway and garage only hold 4 cars. that's why I want access to put a car in the backyard.

Originally Posted by 04Vguy
Car scene is good here in sa. Housing is cheap of course its texas. Know a good place where you can start on for performance
awesome man.. what area in SA should I be looking at? also what place do you have in mind where I can start at?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by diablo-Z

Originally Posted by zamora7
I was about to say lol. We welcome all lsx friends, and some fords as well lol
haha I thought that might be what he was talking about.

Quick Reply: Moving to San Antonio