Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Water everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water everywhere

I was heading to DC (3 hours) and halfway there I hear a dripping sound. I look around after I decided I wasnt crazy and I see the passenger floorpan is soaked. I pull off and the AC is condensating and dripping all down behind the glove box, enough that there was a puddle showing through the carpet.

I havent had time to pull everything apart and see why but any ideas? The lines should be on the engine side of the firewall right and it wasnt real hot outside. I have never seen this before.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like the AC drain may be plugged if it didn't smell like antifreeze
Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

hopefully its just condensation and not antifreeze
Old 09-23-2013, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Isn't that where the heater core is?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dub.ya.es.SICK
hopefully its just condensation and not antifreeze
Def water... I read somewhere there was a drain somewhere that may be clogged. guess ill pull all the carpet at start looking.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know where it is specifically, but the drain should open to the exterior of the car, might be faster to look from underneath vs tearing apart the interior.

Seems that mine drips near the center, so start near the tunnel and work outwards. Generally there's a plastic nipple 1/2" or so across.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Launching!

The evaporator a/c drain is on the drivers side, just pull the carpeting buy the accelerator pedal just enough to clear and look for the tube. Part of it is covered by a black adhesive strip, gently peel it away for clearance and use a flat head to pop the drain it out and see if anything is blocking it from venting (My transmission heat shielding which is slowly falling apart was blocking my vent after a clutch swap and caused the same thing, I couldn't even see it underneath the car because of this).

If you can see it underneath the car, try using a can of compressed air to see if you can clear whatever debris is blocking it from venting. Expect whatever water is in the system to drain out quickly once the blockage is cleared.

Here's where the vent is located.

Here's what the vent looks like when its pulled out.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KamaSutra
The evaporator a/c drain is on the drivers side, just pull the carpeting buy the accelerator pedal just enough to clear and look for the tube. Part of it is covered by a black adhesive strip, gently peel it away for clearance and use a flat head to pop the drain it out and see if anything is blocking it from venting (My transmission heat shielding which is slowly falling apart was blocking my vent after a clutch swap and caused the same thing, I couldn't even see it underneath the car because of this).

If you can see it underneath the car, try using a can of compressed air to see if you can clear whatever debris is blocking it from venting. Expect whatever water is in the system to drain out quickly once the blockage is cleared.

Here's where the vent is located.

Here's what the vent looks like when its pulled out.

Thanks,

I pulled it, everything was dry. I used the hose at full blast on the tube and it flowed right out under the car. I sprayed up into the box too. everything appeared to drain. On the passenger side of the box you can see part of the coil in the corner. I imagine it condensated so much it was just dripping down off that little corner section. I'll keep my eye on it.

Quick Reply: Water everywhere