Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Close Call

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... There was almost one less Black/Black no sunroof 04 CTS-V just now. On my way home from work, some chick had her head up her vagina and just about T-Boned my car going 50mph.

I was coating down from freeway speeds down the offramp. As I get closer to the light, few hundred yards back, it turns green. I continue to coast and slow down. Drop the beast into second. The light is still green, has been for a good 10seconds. I go to turn left and I see it coming. Luckily my feet were faster than my brain and somehow this damn Cadillac stopped from 25-30mph, LITERALLY, within it's own length. Last time I looked down at the speedo it was 35 but I was still slowing down.

I was an EMT in one of my previous jobs, and I'm in law enforcement now... Its my habit to always look before crossing into the intersection, red and blues or not I always do it. My fiancée thinks I'm a basket case and paranoid... It saved my car tonight, and undoubtedly it saved me a trip to the hospital. I've never been in a wreck before, knock on wood. And I've driven on tracks of all kinds, in training at work (had a Crown Vic in an 80mph drift a few times not on purpose), for fun in my spare time... But Jeeeeeesus I don't know how I got the Cadi hauled in quick enough. Thank good for Brembos I guess.

Oh and "How close was it?"

I could not even see the lower half of her door. It was within a foot. A 14 year old anorexic cheerleader wouldn't have fit between this woman's piece of **** Hyundai and the V.

Had to vent...

I'm sure others have had their fair share of close calls.

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 11-16-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad all is safe
Old 11-16-2013, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

No sunroof!? You lucky bastard! Wanna trade roofs?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Well... There was almost one less Black/Black no sunroof 04 CTS-V just now. On my way home from work, some chick had her head up her vagina and just about T-Boned my car going 50mph.

I was coating down from freeway speeds down the offramp. As I get closer to the light, few hundred yards back, it turns green. I continue to coast and slow down. Drop the beast into second. The light is still green, has been for a good 10seconds. I go to turn left and I see it coming. Luckily my feet were faster than my brain and somehow this damn Cadillac stopped from 25-30mph, LITERALLY, within it's own length. Last time I looked down at the speedo it was 35 but I was still slowing down.

I was an EMT in one of my previous jobs, and I'm in law enforcement now... Its my habit to always look before crossing into the intersection, red and blues or not I always do it. My fiancée thinks I'm a basket case and paranoid... It saved my car tonight, and undoubtedly it saved me a trip to the hospital. I've never been in a wreck before, knock on wood. And I've driven on tracks of all kinds, in training at work (had a Crown Vic in an 80mph drift a few times not on purpose), for fun in my spare time... But Jeeeeeesus I don't know how I got the Cadi hauled in quick enough. Thank good for Brembos I guess.

Oh and "How close was it?"

I could not even see the lower half of her door. It was within a foot. A 14 year old anorexic cheerleader wouldn't have fit between this woman's piece of **** Hyundai and the V.

Had to vent...

I'm sure others have had their fair share of close calls.

Im surprised you didnt chase her down.... I would have flipped. Not a day goes by that I'm not within seconds of going at someone over their driving. Nobody seems to pay attention and everyone drives in their own bubble. One thing I miss about driving a patrol car, I used to pull people over all the time just to yell at them.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1yakini

Im surprised you didnt chase her down.... I would have flipped. Not a day goes by that I'm not within seconds of going at someone over their driving. Nobody seems to pay attention and everyone drives in their own bubble. One thing I miss about driving a patrol car, I used to pull people over all the time just to yell at them.
If I was in my patrol car I would have. But chasing down a woman at night... The cops would have arrested ME instead. I got behind her and grabbed my cell phone but I decided it wasn't worth it... Plus I have a little temper issue, I'm cool 99.99999% of the time. Almost nothing at work bothers me but last night I was already seeing red. I didn't want to go too much more ape ****. If she would have stopped, I might have choked her with her own seat belt. I'm the same way with other drivers. My fiancée hates that about me. I get so pissed about it. When she asks why? I say "Because the California DMfuckingV prints the god damn drivers handbook in over 150 god damn languages... They have no excuse!!!!"

I do remember I was sitting on the side of the freeway one night observing traffic and this drunk chick started tracking on my headlights (I was sitting perpendicular to the traffic so I could see into cars). I was in a Dodge charger and the transmissions in those things are beyond worthless. I put it in reverse and the computer was like waaaait for it waaaaajt for it... She almost hit me. Luckily when she had run completely off the pavement and started hitting dirt, she turned away from my car, as I was backing up. She blew a 0.24, California limit is 0.08 nucking Futz... On and would you be surprised if I told you she was an illegal alien who as also smoking some Mary Jane when I pulled her over. Hand cross my heart... And that didn't bother me one bit. I guess I am more protective of my own property than Uncle Sam's.

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 11-16-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Glad you and the V are alright man, good work on the brakes.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night I almost lost the V TWICE in less than 5 minutes.

Had someone come FLYING up on my *** through an intersection that was under construction. We're talking this intersection, as you cross it, brings you to an almost 10 foot elevation. This crappy Toyota is just up my *** and I have to make a right turn into a country driveway, and I couldn't because the V would have been totaled. I downshifted to second, and I heard the guy behind me lock up their brakes. *******.

Then, after I make a SAFE U-turn with no one in either lane, I go back to where I needed to make my turn, have my signal on, my foot on the brakes waiting for a car to go past in the opposite direction, and some ******* in an old Toyota Minivan comes FLYING up on the back of the V, and almost rammed me full speed.

Then the ****** starts beeping their horn at me!

What the F dude!

Geez, I was almost crapping my pants last night!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
If I was in my patrol car I would have. But chasing down a woman at night... The cops would have arrested ME instead. I got behind her and grabbed my cell phone but I decided it wasn't worth it... Plus I have a little temper issue, I'm cool 99.99999% of the time. Almost nothing at work bothers me but last night I was already seeing red. I didn't want to go too much more ape ****. If she would have stopped, I might have choked her with her own seat belt. I'm the same way with other drivers. My fiancée hates that about me. I get so pissed about it. When she asks why? I say "Because the California DMfuckingV prints the god damn drivers handbook in over 150 god damn languages... They have no excuse!!!!"

I do remember I was sitting on the side of the freeway one night observing traffic and this drunk chick started tracking on my headlights (I was sitting perpendicular to the traffic so I could see into cars). I was in a Dodge charger and the transmissions in those things are beyond worthless. I put it in reverse and the computer was like waaaait for it waaaaajt for it... She almost hit me. Luckily when she had run completely off the pavement and started hitting dirt, she turned away from my car, as I was backing up. She blew a 0.24, California limit is 0.08 nucking Futz... On and would you be surprised if I told you she was an illegal alien who as also smoking some Mary Jane when I pulled her over. Hand cross my heart... And that didn't bother me one bit. I guess I am more protective of my own property than Uncle Sam's.
Yea I see you point. Better to just let her go be stupid and hopefully hit a pole or something someday. I swear if karma is real there would be more single vehicle accidents. I know my blood boils when I get honked at by the stupid **** driving the other car who was in the wrong, like the guy who just blew through his stop sign in the parking lot and glares at me while on his horn and I distinctly had the right of way. Ahhh humans.. so worthless.

Quick Reply: Close Call