Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS7 clutch and CS mounts install a sucess!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 clutch and CS mounts install a sucess!

Finally finished up the ls7 swap and put new CS motor and trans mounts. Wow what a difference. Wish I would have done it way sooner. Feels like a brand new car and it took away the steering wheel vibration I was getting also. Glad everyone on here has posted all the great threads it took a lot of the guess work out although I still had to learn a couple things the hard way still. All I need now is the new shifter I ordered from 54 when he makes them. One question I had was has anyone else NOT had a difficult time bleeding their slave cylinder? I was reading a couple of threads and it seemed like everyone was saying it would take hours to bleed. I had pedal pressure on my car withing one cup of fluid in my vacuum bleeder.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

when i did my ls7 clutch and wheel swap, i installed a tick speed bleeder. bleeding was insanely quick and easy. no issues. pumped the clutch a few times to get all the old fluid and air out of the line and when clear fluid came through, I pumped a few more times for good measure.. done, no issues since.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Did you have to mess with the pedal at all using the vacuum bleeder?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Nice to hear. I have an LS7 clutch kit on it's way to me right now. Not sure when I'll have it put in, but the sooner the better, 'cause I'm getting REALLY sick of the vibrations from my dual mass turd!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

At first I couldn't get the fluid resivoir level wouldn't go low so I knew that something wasn't working so with the bleeder cracked I pumped up the vacuum bleeder to as high as it would hold vacuum and then hit the pedal about 2-3 times and when I came back and checked the resivoir it was almost empty. So I just repeated this a few times until the bleeder cup was full then I tightened the valve and it had good pressure. Ill probably drive it for a while then bleed it again. This was definitely a great upgrade plus my clutch and mounts were shot so I figured upgrade rather than replace over and over.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ls7 clutch was my most noticeable mod.

still put 550 rwhp through it to this day...
Old 01-09-2014, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scottylow
At first I couldn't get the fluid resivoir level wouldn't go low so I knew that something wasn't working so with the bleeder cracked I pumped up the vacuum bleeder to as high as it would hold vacuum and then hit the pedal about 2-3 times and when I came back and checked the resivoir it was almost empty. So I just repeated this a few times until the bleeder cup was full then I tightened the valve and it had good pressure. Ill probably drive it for a while then bleed it again. This was definitely a great upgrade plus my clutch and mounts were shot so I figured upgrade rather than replace over and over.
Did you have vibrations that the new clutch got rid of, by chance? I've had significant vibes between 1800 and 2200 rpm that motor mounts didn't solve. I'm convinced (thanks to all the posts here that I've read) that it's the dual mass FW failing that's causing it...
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wes8398
Did you have vibrations that the new clutch got rid of, by chance? I've had significant vibes between 1800 and 2200 rpm that motor mounts didn't solve. I'm convinced (thanks to all the posts here that I've read) that it's the dual mass FW failing that's causing it...
I get vibes in a very similar rev range and they all started after I installed the Revshift trans. insert. I'm beginning to think that the CS motor mounts I ordered aren't going to help, same as you. If it's my FW, that sucks because I wasn't planning on an LS7 clutch until next year at the earliest.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bmylez
I get vibes in a very similar rev range and they all started after I installed the Revshift trans. insert. I'm beginning to think that the CS motor mounts I ordered aren't going to help, same as you. If it's my FW, that sucks because I wasn't planning on an LS7 clutch until next year at the earliest.
I did my trans mount ("soft" one from CS) too, and that didn't change anything in term of the vibes either. Judging by the slight "rattle" I can hear from the bell housing when I'm sitting idle with the clutch disengaged, I'm 99%sure that my vibes are related to the clutch/FW.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like different symptoms, then. You already had vibes before you did trans. mount whereas my car developed vibes due to the Revshift insert.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
FoD
On The Tree

Sounds like different symptoms, then. You already had vibes before you did trans. mount whereas my car developed vibes due to the Revshift insert.
This seems to be common. I installed the Revshift Trans insert 15+ months ago, and had vibes for the first couple days...then gone. I did the Motor Mounts and Diff bushing shortly after that.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine has been doing it for over a month.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I was beginning to think that something in the driveshaft/diff was unbalanced, which was causing vibrations throughout the whole car, making it not so comfortable to drive. The thing is, now I've noticed that the vibes happen without the car even moving. If I rev it up a little, to say 2k or so, it shakes the whole car. Does this sound like flywheel or motor mounts? The Revshift insert is causing all of this, so I would hope that's a clue. I almost want to take it out because it can get pretty annoying.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd say the rev shift mount stiffened it up enough to finally make your problem pronounced. As you can feel it without the car moving, the flywheel is probably in play here but there is an outside chance it's your harmonic balancer. If you can see the crankshaft pulley wobble with the engine running start shopping for an ati super damper and be done with it too...
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I used umi motor mounts and cs trans mounts and my car vibrates twice as bad as before... the difference is I LOVE IT. its engine vibration, the car feels alive. I didnt buy it to have a refined quiet caddy or I would have waited for a v2.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1yakini
I used umi motor mounts and cs trans mounts and my car vibrates twice as bad as before... the difference is I LOVE IT. its engine vibration, the car feels alive. I didnt buy it to have a refined quiet caddy or I would have waited for a v2.
I'm not explaining it correctly. They are extremely inconsistent vibrations, sinusoidal, almost. I've had import cars before with full poly mounts and those kind of consistent, even vibes don't bother me. The kind of vibes the V has pulsate through your body and it makes you want to drive the car differently so you're not in that rev range.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned

I'm not explaining it correctly. They are extremely inconsistent vibrations, sinusoidal, almost. I've had import cars before with full poly mounts and those kind of consistent, even vibes don't bother me. The kind of vibes the V has pulsate through your body and it makes you want to drive the car differently so you're not in that rev range.
The trans insert has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

Joke^

Seriously though, I think ls1247 has it right. The trans insert is most likely enabling you to feel the vibes from your flywheel. If you search for flywheel issues you will see that it is a pretty common thing. We are about to install the flywheel on our shop CTS-V and I am not looking forward to dealing with flywheel issues. I kind of expect it though.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, so it looks like I need to throw an LS7 clutch kit in there and hope for the best, eh. Nice.

Quick Reply: LS7 clutch and CS mounts install a sucess!