Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front black out kit for WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front black out kit for WS6?

I saw somewhere a blackout kit for the front lights (except headlights) on WS6's but can't find it again anywhere. I'm not sure if it was on a sponsors site, ebay, or what but any help on finding this kit would be appreciated. Also, has anyone purchased this kit? How do you like it? Have any pictures?
Thanks.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i beleive that year one has them. it is sold individually tho. you have to buy the driving light and fog lights covers. they come in smoked or carbon fber. gt styling makes them.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

I have the turn signal and foglight blackouts your talking about on my black WS6. They are a great fit, and look really clean and sleek on it. I got mine from a local guy in St. Louis that sells them on ebay. They are great quality, and not a bad price. I highly recommend them.

Here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33709
Old 05-11-2004, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlkBrdWS6
I have the turn signal and foglight blackouts your talking about on my black WS6. They are a great fit, and look really clean and sleek on it. I got mine from a local guy in St. Louis that sells them on ebay. They are great quality, and not a bad price. I highly recommend them.

Here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33709

Yes, this is what I was talking about. I had seen this before, I guess I'll have to wait for him to put another set of black ones up. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

well he usually has more available than he has in auction. Just shoot him an e-mail and see if he can work a deal with ya. I paid $40 for the set, so just ask him if he can put up an auction for you, or just sell them to you.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Launching!

When I had my WS6 I purchased a set of the GTS covers for the turn sinal/day time running lights. The ones I bought were like a pressure fit and I lost one on a very bumpy road so I made my own for less than $10.
I found tinted plex/acrylic at Home Depot in a small square for a couple bucks, made a template of the front side of the light and transfered it on to the tinted plexi and then cut it out with a dremel tool and cutting bit. I used a couple pieces of 3M double sided emblem adhiesive on the right and left side of the cover and never had a problem with lost covers again and only had a couple bucks into it.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

When you have the blackout kit in can you see still the driving lights during the day? I like people being able to tell a vette/ta/camaro is coming at them at a long distance away

I hope the orange still goes through the blackout
Old 06-06-2004, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

I met the guy in St. Louis when I was temp. sationed at Scott and hes a very honest guy and his car looks amazing! He has all his products that he sells on his own car and it just looks really good. I've had my blackouts for about 2 months with no problems at all. The great thing about them is it looks badass while sitting there but the amber lights still shine through when driving so the car still has his "predator" feel when driving.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

addictivespeed.com has them I dont think they are listed on the site but they do have them. Im not sure if they are sponsor though
Old 06-07-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody that carries GT Styling (Advance, Auto Zone, many others) can get them, you just have to find a salesman who wants to do the leg work and will look them up. They are really inexpensive, and they do look good.

FWIW, since the police around here don't really give a ****, I put clear bulbs in my DRL/Turn Signals. Talk about cleaner. Probably not legal, but I've had them for nearly 3 years now without even being questioned about it.

Good luck with your search!

Taco
Old 06-09-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT does anyone have the EBAY sellers contact info?

Floyd
Old 06-09-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

www.fbodyenhancements.com

That is the "ebay sellers" website that he just put up. He is a really good guy and he will get them to you as fast as he can...he has some other bomb products too IMO if you wanna do a show you must have his mirrors

Quick Reply: Front black out kit for WS6?