Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premade Power Steering hose options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Premade Power Steering hose options?

I have HAD it with this Russell Powerflex JUNK. I have assembled it 3 times now, new ferrules each time, and it still leaks.

I am not going to assemble another hose myself, no matter the brand. Is there any kind of pre-made option for an AN6 hose? Preferably rubber so I can twist it a little to get it to line up ok.

I have seen kits that are $200+, and I think I'll sell this POS before I spend that much on a &%^# hose.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call up a local hydrolic shop or big truck parts shop / supplyer as these guys tend to make hoses on site .

give them size hose you need / end specs and should be able to get you price .

and if I can ask why an fittings ? I see more people crying about these things with problems that don't even need them on street vehicles . not saying there crap just most people don't need them for basic stuff and huge waste of money on stuff that could be used other places .
Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use john deere for stuff like this. If they dont have it, they can get it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you watched a you tube video on how to assemble the hose and fittings. Couple little tricks are the different between success and failure. I have not had issues since the first time I did it wrong.

Tim
Old 02-16-2014, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sweetk30
call up a local hydrolic shop or big truck parts shop / supplyer as these guys tend to make hoses on site .

give them size hose you need / end specs and should be able to get you price .

and if I can ask why an fittings ? I see more people crying about these things with problems that don't even need them on street vehicles . not saying there crap just most people don't need them for basic stuff and huge waste of money on stuff that could be used other places .
I am using the AN fittings because that's what the Powerflex hose ends are. If they can make me a metric end and a standard end without any kind of adapter I'll throw the AN fittings in a river.

Originally Posted by Gray86hatch
Have you watched a you tube video on how to assemble the hose and fittings. Couple little tricks are the different between success and failure. I have not had issues since the first time I did it wrong.

Tim
yeah I was very careful to follow the rules when putting it together. Since there's no twist in the teflon line, you have to get pretty lucky when you tighten it down or it won't be lined up right and it will kink when you try to install it. I installed the fittings just like they tell me to, and it still pukes fluid. After waiting for ferrules to arrive twice in the mail already, with no luck the first three times, I am not going to try again. Whether I am doing it right or not, I'm through with it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from summit for $75 I think the brand was Borgeson
Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by Sleeperls
I use john deere for stuff like this. If they dont have it, they can get it.
x2 on that. just made my hose for my swap about $40, with AN fittings or (jic) to them
Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have only had one fitting that leaks on both of my Chevelle steering lines and my Nova Steering and Trans lines that I used Russell fitting and Teflon hose.. so one in about 20+ ends.. and a few other that I have assemble for others.

Not sure where you are having problems.. but I have had good luck with them. And my Chevelle has not had any leaks in 7+ years. You might try calling Russell Tech line and ask for advise and tell them what you are finding or doing.

BC
Old 02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetk30
call up a local hydrolic shop or big truck parts shop / supplier as these guys tend to make hoses on site.

give them size hose you need / end specs and should be able to get you price.

and if I can ask why an fittings? I see more people crying about these things with problems that don't even need them on street vehicles. not saying there crap just most people don't need them for basic stuff and huge waste of money on stuff that could be used other places.
I agree. I've never used AN fittings on any build I was in charge of and have custom hoses made by hydraulic shops or someone local for years with 100% success.

Forgive my ignorance, but I never saw the "benefit" of coming from a device like a pump and converting from automotive fitting xyz to AN, to a hose to another AN which goes to another conversion fitting and finally terminates at a device. If it's AN to AN, fine... but if it's not you spend more in fittings and time than it's worth to me.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

I ended up going to a place called West End Service here in MD. They service International trucks. Now the ends are crimped on. Line is rated to 3000 psi....and since IIIII didn't make it, it won't leak. $47

Quick Reply: Premade Power Steering hose options?