Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeromotive Regulator w/Nitrous Outle Remote Tank problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aeromotive Regulator w/Nitrous Outle Remote Tank problem.

Hi, got the Aeromotive regulator w/remote tank by Nitrous Outlet.
That SOB regulator floats all over the place w/respect to fuel pressure. Note, I am using a dry gauge, not liquid filled. My car runs best at 6psi.

So today, I made about 3 passes, before I figured out that SOB was at 4psi.
Lucky I run very low timing.

Anyway, its coming off the car. What are you guys using that actually works?

BTW, this is what I have:

Last edited by 03EBZ06; 04-26-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you set the flowing fuel pressure? It sounds like its flowing 4. That's what matters. Not what its reading when the car is idling.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a Holley blue pump a 1 gallon fuel cell, magnafuel log and the cheap Holley fuel pressure regulators the pot metal type. Just about every car in the Nitrous section on yellow bullet runs the same setup for 500hp cars to 1000hp+ cars

Nitrous Outlets Stand Alone I was running into pressure problems trying to run 2 stages off it. I still have the nitrous outlet stand alone I just haven't got around to selling it yet.

Also you cant set your fuel pressure of the 1/8th npt ports like that you have to have a flow tool.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scantone1
I went with a Holley blue pump a 1 gallon fuel cell, magnafuel log and the cheap Holley fuel pressure regulators the pot metal type. Just about every car in the Nitrous section on yellow bullet runs the same setup for 500hp cars to 1000hp+ cars

Nitrous Outlets Stand Alone I was running into pressure problems trying to run 2 stages off it. I still have the nitrous outlet stand alone I just haven't got around to selling it yet.

Also you cant set your fuel pressure of the 1/8th npt ports like that you have to have a flow tool.
So, the pump I have is sump style in bottom of the Nitrous Outlet tank. Is the Holley Blue Pump a suction style pump? If I did this, I would probably mount it very close to the tank near bottom and, regulator near top of tank, then on to rails. Is that holley regulator dead head? Have heard of creeping w/those. Also, can I use the universal regulator on that pump?

Right now I don't know whats wrong, but something is.

I'm thinking it has to be either the pump or the regulator and I fail to see how the pump could cause the regulator to allow high pressure build, especially w/bypass style regulator. I don't know the flow rate, but I do know it will not be constant without the same constant pressure.

I usually click the pump on at the line after purging via arming switch. So, not much creeping could occur in the few seconds before lauch if I used the holley reg.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
So, the pump I have is sump style in bottom of the Nitrous Outlet tank. Is the Holley Blue Pump a suction style pump? If I did this, I would probably mount it very close to the tank near bottom and, regulator near top of tank, then on to rails. Is that holley regulator dead head? Have heard of creeping w/those. Also, can I use the universal regulator on that pump?

Right now I don't know whats wrong, but something is.

I'm thinking it has to be either the pump or the regulator and I fail to see how the pump could cause the regulator to allow high pressure build, especially w/bypass style regulator. I don't know the flow rate, but I do know it will not be constant without the same constant pressure.

I usually click the pump on at the line after purging via arming switch. So, not much creeping could occur in the few seconds before lauch if I used the holley reg.
You could use the existing tank you have just would have to mod it a bit. Remove the sump pump, connectors, and regulator. Cap all the holes. Drill a new -6,-8,-10 An fitting for a fuel cell near the bottom (summit cells them). Install the holly pump it is a suction style pump( I installed it next to the tank you might not have the room).

Steve Johnson Of Induction Solutions said look at it this way you pay so much money to get the fuel up to the solenoids why let it be bypassed back? The Holly Regulator is made to dead head. I have a bypass installed on mine which is very easy to do with a few fittings again there is a post over at yellow bullet on how to bypass the holly regulator. I have noticed no difference at all I did it just to see if it helped or if i could see a difference. As of now mine is dead stable no issues at all on both stages.

The regulator would be installed on some kind of fuel log then from regulator to the rails

Probably get in trouble for this but here is 20+ pages on how to do it with pros and cons on both ways and pics of nice setups

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=45628
Old 05-14-2014, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scantone1
You could use the existing tank you have just would have to mod it a bit. Remove the sump pump, connectors, and regulator. Cap all the holes. Drill a new -6,-8,-10 An fitting for a fuel cell near the bottom (summit cells them). Install the holly pump it is a suction style pump( I installed it next to the tank you might not have the room).

Steve Johnson Of Induction Solutions said look at it this way you pay so much money to get the fuel up to the solenoids why let it be bypassed back? The Holly Regulator is made to dead head. I have a bypass installed on mine which is very easy to do with a few fittings again there is a post over at yellow bullet on how to bypass the holly regulator. I have noticed no difference at all I did it just to see if it helped or if i could see a difference. As of now mine is dead stable no issues at all on both stages.

The regulator would be installed on some kind of fuel log then from regulator to the rails

Probably get in trouble for this but here is 20+ pages on how to do it with pros and cons on both ways and pics of nice setups

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=45628
I am out of time this week, racing Fri pm, so I put on a Mallory 4309 to test.
Thanks for the informative post--I'll get back Sat on what happens.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This what I use to test and set my activated fuel pressure for my direct port. It can be used for single or multi jetting. I also use a low pressure regulator with duel out lets , one to the fuel solenoids and one back to the fuel cell with a .016" nitrous jet to releave the dead head . You can take a AN-4 male fitting and machine the 37* tapper off the end and set the nitrous on top and of the fitting then screw the AN-4 hose end back on.

Go here for the test jet setting:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...HM41oucFUN5YKw

Last edited by Randy WS6; 05-14-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
This what I use to test and set my activated fuel pressure for my direct port. It can be used for single or multi jetting. I also use a low pressure regulator with duel out lets , one to the fuel solenoids and one back to the fuel cell with a .016" nitrous jet to releave the dead head . You can take a AN-4 male fitting and machine the 37* tapper off the end and set the nitrous on top and of the fitting then screw the AN-4 hose end back on.

Go here for the test jet setting:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...HM41oucFUN5YKw
Very slick idea. So you can also use that 4AN line w/correct jet to flow test it. I gotta do this soon.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can , When you use the bypass make shore you put a vent in the fuel cell. I took a 1/16" pipe plug and taped out a hole in the front corner of the fuel cell and drilled a .020" hole in the pipe plug the vent the pressure that is accumulated with the return, you can see it in the first pic in the top left hand corner of the fuel cell.The fuel cap has a vent or check valve, but it to let air in to compensate for the fuel used to stop a vacuum affect in the cell but will not let air out. Another thing make shore that if the jet that you use has a radius on the inside edge you will need to put a small tapper in the fitting so the jet will set flush see in pic#2 , and I also add 1lbs of fuel pressure to the desired setting to compensate the return jet, But you will need to tune the fuel pressure for your nitrous system . hope this helps.

Last edited by Randy WS6; 05-15-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive Regulator w/Nitrous Outle Remote Tank problem.