Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet or dry kit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet or dry kit??

Im sure this subject has been beaten to death by now but i can't decide which kit to get as there are pros and cons to both.... i used to run a nitrous works 2 stage wet nitrous (175 shot) years ago on my old fox body 5.0 without issues so I'm not a "noob" to nitrous i already know about reduced timing and colder plugs etc...

my main worry is a backfire that destroys the plastic LS6 intake on my car, i feel like a dry kit would be safer for the intake because there is no fuel but i dont like the ECU trying to regulate the fuel to compensate. I've also seen the dry kit would be limited 100-125hp.

On the other hand the wet kit would supply the needed fuel and can be jetted a little higher (150hp) but I'm afraid of the fuel (puddling)and backfiring therefore destroying my intake manifold. but honestly i really prefer the wet kits. I've been looking at Nitrous Express.

What do you guys think??? am i just overthinking this??

Any input/tips from experienced LSX nitrous users will be appreciated.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went dry becuz i was afraid of the backfire as well on an ls1 intake. pretty much newb to it all, had it on a year now, ran a few bottles thru it. everything works great, and it hits pretty hard, i have no wet expirience to compare, but my dry 150 hits great. if ur deciding to go wet, whats ur budget allow? direct port maybe?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

What dry kit are you running??? are you using stock injectors/fuel pump?? did you get it tuned for the 150 shot?? Im not sure how much spray the stock fuel system can support?? I was planning a plate at the throttle body if going wet kit or just a nozzle for dry.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

I personally don't want anything to do with a dry kit, a guy I worked with blew a 5.0 to pieces with a 125 dry shot. That being said he wasn't the type of person I'd let install a light on my car let alone a nitrous setup. Wet just seems safer to me. Besides I'd rather replace an intake than a whole motor.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RSAXON1979
What dry kit are you running??? are you using stock injectors/fuel pump?? did you get it tuned for the 150 shot?? Im not sure how much spray the stock fuel system can support?? I was planning a plate at the throttle body if going wet kit or just a nozzle for dry.
dry dual nozzle kit from nitrous outlet. stock injectors and pump still. ran a few bottles at 100, couple shots of 150. maybe pushing the envelope some, but will burn that bridge when i come to it i guess. my suggestion, pm brandon@nitrous outlet on here, he hooked me up with info and good servie. or call em directly.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Either one is totally fine if setup right. I have a NX wet kit, and am very happy with that, and before I had a NOS dry kit on my Mustang and was equally happy with that as well
Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a hsw dry kit on my last car and it went through a few bottles at 75/100/125 and never had any problems with it. It was a stock motor with 42lb injectors and tuned by Alvin at PCM4less. Imo it harder than the wet kits that I have had, but also with that being said I am using a wet kit on my current setup cuzit seems to be better for a street car imo.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by RSAXON1979
Im sure this subject has been beaten to death by now but i can't decide which kit to get as there are pros and cons to both.... i used to run a nitrous works 2 stage wet nitrous (175 shot) years ago on my old fox body 5.0 without issues so I'm not a "noob" to nitrous i already know about reduced timing and colder plugs etc...

my main worry is a backfire that destroys the plastic LS6 intake on my car, i feel like a dry kit would be safer for the intake because there is no fuel but i dont like the ECU trying to regulate the fuel to compensate. I've also seen the dry kit would be limited 100-125hp.

On the other hand the wet kit would supply the needed fuel and can be jetted a little higher (150hp) but I'm afraid of the fuel (puddling)and backfiring therefore destroying my intake manifold. but honestly i really prefer the wet kits. I've been looking at Nitrous Express.

What do you guys think??? am i just overthinking this??

Any input/tips from experienced LSX nitrous users will be appreciated.
I would not be worried about putting 150HP worth of wet nitrous through an LS6 intake, even through a single nozzle. One of the guys here is spraying 250HP out of a single shark nozzle. Dry nitrous works great also. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: Wet or dry kit??