Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What 2stage/prog. w/xtra features nitrous controller is everyone running now a days?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What 2stage/prog. w/xtra features nitrous controller is everyone running now a days?

Im building a 2 stage nitrous system,

Ill be running:
nitrous outlet direct port/nitrous outlet wet plate

What is everyone now a days using for a Nitrous controller?

Im looking for something with extra features, 2 step, timing, ramp, tps, window ect..

considering these:

nos controller with lcd 15975NOS
Lingenfelter ncc-002

anyone have any experience with these?

thanks.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're just finishing our nitrous install and in the stage where things need sorted out. For now we are only running a single stage but used components to add a second stage later. Using the LNC box for retard (and a 2-step for a transbrake when we go that direction) and the NOS mini-progressive controller. It will handle everything you've listed in your needs and they wire together very well and simply. Got them both from Nitrous Outlet and Brandon has been very helpful with wiring diagrams and technical support.

Scott
Old 05-30-2014, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nos mini. Cheapest controller that will do the job and adjustable on the fly. I love it.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

I was considering the nos mini controller. i have the single stage now, but i had a hard time wiring the 2 step and controller together to where it would spray during 2 step activation. i tried to call and get instructions on how to but could figure it out.

I guess im looking for an all in one type of controller, the ncc-002 seems to be the best bet.

i really like some of the leash products but they dont have a 2 stage advanced controller the lingenfelter from what i could see.

thanks for the input thus far!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NCC-002 is way more bad *** than Lingenfelter advertises.

Its can do TONS of stuff... 2 stages, fuel trim, fuel advance, can control a bottle heater, along with a TON of other stuff.

I have an NOS mini, and the NCC-002. Keeping the NOS as a back up, but the NCC is by far worth every dime spent.

Also, From what I can see, the LPE NCC-002 was developed by folks at Schnitz Racing (motorcycle stuff). The same folks also designed NLR Systems (folks that make the AMS series boost controllers) NMS-1000 controller. The NLR controller is very popular among drag racers in radial tire heads up classes. The LPE controller expands the features found in the NLR version, and adds USB connectivity and PC tuning capability.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ncc-002

Thanks for the positive feedback on our nitrous controller. We tried to include features that would make it work for a wide array of customers and make it easy to add capability later (you may not need two stages now but maybe later, you may not want to pay for AFR or fuel pressure disable now but you may later etc.). We also tried to keep the racer and installer in mind with the wiring by having all of the wiring labeled right on the wire itself to make it easy to track stuff down later on (a year later who remembers what wire is what and not many customers get a wiring diagram done when they build the vehicle).

Just to clarify (and in no way meant as a comment on Schnitz Racing), Schnitz Racing was/is not involved in the design of our NCC-002 nor are they involved in the design or manufacturing of any of our products.

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28

Its can do TONS of stuff... 2 stages, fuel trim, fuel advance, can control a bottle heater, along with a TON of other stuff.

I have an NOS mini, and the NCC-002. Keeping the NOS as a back up, but the NCC is by far worth every dime spent.

Also, From what I can see, the LPE NCC-002 was developed by folks at Schnitz Racing (motorcycle stuff). The same folks also designed NLR Systems (folks that make the AMS series boost controllers) NMS-1000 controller. The NLR controller is very popular among drag racers in radial tire heads up classes. The LPE controller expands the features found in the NLR version, and adds USB connectivity and PC tuning capability.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28

Agreed. The NCC-002 is an awesome controller.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

cool, ive made up my mind. Ill be going with the ncc-002.

thanks for the input guys!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Give me a shout, I can get you set up with one!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: What 2stage/prog. w/xtra features nitrous controller is everyone running now a days?