Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

gauge install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gauge install help

99' trans am, ls1 and looking to hook up my gauges via triple gauge pillar mount. I have boost, fuel pressure and aem wideband.

Couple questions I have...yes I've searched like crazy but few little things I never got from other threads

First: I plan on running the wideband wiring through the gromet under the seat. Buty question is once I get it up there...how are people running wires to under the dash. Do I pull up the carpet and run it under there? Or am I supposed to lift the center counsel and run in that? I'm just looking to get a clean install...its an automatic.

Second: for the boost gauge and bypass valve...I plan on running them out of the brake booster hose. What type of fittings do I need to split that off? Looks like the brake hose is maybe 1/2"(? Or 5/8"?) Then I have to split into the tiny boost gauge tube that came with the gauge.. also getting the 3/16 vacuum hose attached for the bpv.

Any help and PICS would be great! Thanks a lot guys!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The CBR performance build thread where they install their kit they show exactly where and how they ran wires all 3 gauges like you. Lots of good stuff in there with pics. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1549214&page=4
Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
The CBR performance build thread where they install their kit they show exactly where and how they ran wires all 3 gauges like you. Lots of good stuff in there with pics. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...1549214&page=4

Wow! That is an amazing thread/build in general! Thanks for sharing that. Those guys really take that stuff serious. Wish more shops were that caring and thoughtful when doing work on cars.

Quick Reply: gauge install help