Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 intake manifold question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 intake manifold question

TRYING TO BUTTON UP MY LQ9/LS ENGINE AND I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE. I HAVE BOUGHT A EGR BLOCK OFF FOR THE TOP OF THE INTAKE RIGHT BEFORE THE THROTTLE BODY. THERE IS ALSO 1 PORT ON EITHER SIDE OF THE INTAKE BEFORE THE TB. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EDUCATE ME ON THE PROPER HOOK UPS FOR THE INTAKE, FRONT AND BACK? I HAVE SEEN ONE POST ON HERE WHERE THE HOOK UPS IN THE BACK OF THE INTAKE ARE HACK SAWED OFF WITH A FREEZE PLUG PUT IN ITS PLACE. i REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO WALK ME THROUGH THE PROCESS AND EDUCATE ME ON THE PROPER WAY TO HOOK UP THE LS1 INTAKE IN PLACE OF THE TRUCK INTAKE. I AM USING THE THROTTLE BODY OF OF THE LQ9 MOTOR. I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL INSTRUCTION IN ADVANCE. I AM DOING AN OFF FRAME RESTORATION OF A 1981 VETTE. FRAME IS ALMOST COMPLETED (95%) AND I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL ENGINE INTO POSITION TOMORROW.

Last edited by slammin sammie; 08-09-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: title correction
Old 08-09-2014, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy CAPS LOCK batman...

The port on the passenger side of the intake is for the PCV system. The port on the driver side is for the EVAP system. How are you venting the fuel tank ? I would also recommend you install a catch can in to the PCV system.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Default thanks for reply

CONAN, I APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY AND THE INFORMATION. SWAP IS REALLY KICKING MY *** RIGHT NOW. SORRY FOR THE USE OF CAPS(MAYBE WHY I GOT ONLY ONE RESPONSE) BUT DUE TO HAVING BAD EYE SIGHT, IF I CAN'T FIND GLASSES AND I WANT TO SEE WHAT I AM TYPING, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DO. CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES, SOMEWHERE AROUND THE VETTE I AM SURE. AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are doing this on a PC, you can hold the CTRL key and use the mouse wheel to scroll up..this will zoom in and make everything bigger. Also the same but scrolling down zooms back out so anyone else the uses the same PC won't be upset. If you a touchpad device the scroll is usually two fingers on the pad at the same time. Might help you out.

Good luck...er.. I mean "GOOD LUCK." ;-)
Old 08-10-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slammin sammie
CONAN, I APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY AND THE INFORMATION. SWAP IS REALLY KICKING MY *** RIGHT NOW. SORRY FOR THE USE OF CAPS(MAYBE WHY I GOT ONLY ONE RESPONSE) BUT DUE TO HAVING BAD EYE SIGHT, IF I CAN'T FIND GLASSES AND I WANT TO SEE WHAT I AM TYPING, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DO. CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES, SOMEWHERE AROUND THE VETTE I AM SURE. AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO.
Ha, is all good.

What are you doing for the fuel tank venting ?

Also send this guy a message about his catch can setup for your PCV system. http://www.streetfire.net/profile/mightym0use.htm

Last edited by conan; 08-10-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Mercier, thanks. i forgot i could do that. Found glasses under front of frame so problem is now solved. LOL.

Conan, i have not nailed down the fuel delivery system yet. i am planning on but have yet to order the following parts. I have planned to purchase a sending unit for a 1982 fuel tank and install a walbro 255 in tank fuel pump, a in line fuel regulator and filter. Have not mapped it out but i figured for tank venting i would use the vent line that was on my tank. It has some type of valve at the bottom of it. And i have yet to figure out the return method. I purchased all stainless steel fuel lines for standard application before i discovered the engine was locked up. Keep in mind, the car was stripped as project by the previous owner before i got it. i have read i should be fine using these lines since i am looking for HP under 600.

Really appreciate your input.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Does your intake manifold have the EVAP solenoid or did it come stripped bare.

This....
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Default intake

Ls1 intake manifold question-img_0461.jpgIt came bare boned. Using throttle body and coil packs of the LQ9 motor, using injectors of 2002 Z28, and have yet to construct the fuel rails. Have blue billet aluminum fuel rails. Gotta get my fittings to construct the rails. no EVAP attached.

thanks

Last edited by slammin sammie; 08-11-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 08-11-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you want to vent the fuel tank in to a old school charcoal box, you could. Then either cap off that plug on the intake manifold or use it to provide vacuum to something else in your build.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 PM

Cool ls1 intake

new member first post, i am swapping a 5.3 into a 62 belair wagon, and i'm putting an ls1 intake on it i'm assuming it's out of a camaro or t/a, it has a regulator on it and two fuel lines on the regulator i'm guessing ones return (3/16) and the other is inlet (3/8) would someone tell me if that's right, thanks
Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

You have a fuel rail from another vehicle, the Camaro and T/A dont have a ruturn line in the system. Might be a Corvette rail ?

Quick Reply: Ls1 intake manifold question