Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where is the best deal for Micro Fiber Towels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where is the best deal for Micro Fiber Towels?

In my search I found Walmart mentioned, plus an online spot. Where is the best place ($$ wise) to get Micro fiber towels?

Do they come in white? I'd much prefer them to be white. I'll need several for the car & I plan on using a smaller one or two on my guitars.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

www.pakshak.com
Old 05-24-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

www.pakshak.com

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mf-cbt.html
Old 05-25-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got some at walmart for 4.95 for 6! Good deal!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll start w/ a couple from Wal-Mart. Then depending on how that goes, order online.

What section of the store are they in? I can just imagine me not finding them and the help being no help.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

*I* wouldn't use the ones from Wal-Mart due to inconsistency in manufacturing and quality. They are pretty likely to scratch your finish at some point.

If you guys join www.autopia.org you can get some awesome prices from www.pakshak.com

Towels are one of the things you don't want to be cheap on. It will bite you in the butt.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got mine at pakshak as well....good stuff....i bought one at wal-mart....i wouldnt recommend it
Old 05-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Launching!

I used my pakshak towels for the first time tonight. Wow. They may not be the cheapest, but if you care about the finish on your car, do yourself a favor and pick some up. Great product.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Got mine from QVC. A little small but work great. Mske sure you rinse them out thoroughly.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Towels are towels guys! I have had several diffrent kinds, and I dont notice a diffrence. Its the prep you do before waxing that makes the real diffrence...Am I wrong? Correct me if I am
Old 05-26-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Voodoo - We are trying to educate people on these car forums how to take care of their paint properly. When people start stating facts that they know nothing of, it sets us back

Towels are not towels!!! There are lots of different manufacturers, types of materials and processes. Inferior towels will scratch your finish and undo all that prep work you have just done.

Proper materials are a huge part of prepping and maintaining paint. Even the GOOD towels are relatively inexpensive. It amazes me at how cheap so many of you are when it comes to taking care of your car.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

I got mine from Costco, a 30 or 40 pack (pretty sure it was 30) for $9. They work great and that price was a real deal.

Oh and they where yellow. I usually like to throw them away after I use them I dont feel comfortable washing them and reusing them. But thats just me.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Voodoo - We are trying to educate people on these car forums how to take care of their paint properly. When people start stating facts that they know nothing of, it sets us back

Towels are not towels!!! There are lots of different manufacturers, types of materials and processes. Inferior towels will scratch your finish and undo all that prep work you have just done.

Proper materials are a huge part of prepping and maintaining paint. Even the GOOD towels are relatively inexpensive. It amazes me at how cheap so many of you are when it comes to taking care of your car.
Just to give you a heads up..I have been detailing cars for many years! I am a user of many diffrent kinds of products, including many diffrent towels. ANY microfiber towel is better than cotten one. BTW, it's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of not falling into the trap of marketing! Besides if they scratch my paint, I redo it with menzerna and the PC!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Chop-Foo Director

I use MF towels that I got at Advance Auto. I keep one for the NXT, one for the quick detailer, and one for the Stoner Invisible glass. They work awesome.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got those too!!! My NXT came off great with them...
Old 05-26-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VoodooWS6
Just to give you a heads up..I have been detailing cars for many years! I am a user of many diffrent kinds of products, including many diffrent towels. ANY microfiber towel is better than cotten one. BTW, it's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of not falling into the trap of marketing! Besides if they scratch my paint, I redo it with menzerna and the PC!
LOL I don't care how many years you have been detailing cars, some of the things you are saying are just ignorant. I guess I'll just keep falling into the marketing trap with my quality products

Just to let you know, just because it is microfiber doesn't mean it's not cotton.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

I use to by them at Costco before. Excellent deal on them there. Now, I get them free from Meguiar's.

Quick Reply: Where is the best deal for Micro Fiber Towels?