Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help carpet stain!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 02:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help carpet stain!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I took my wheels in to have the tire taken off by the local Les Swhab. Eventhough I had plastic bags and blanket down the guy paid no freakin attention and moved them in a way that one of the tires went across the seat. Now being the clean detailed guy I am it smeared black tire dressing residue all over my tan carpet.

How to get this out? I'm close to just ordering a new carpet this light colored interior sucks. Any ideas to save me the 235 carpet will cost??? I can take pics if that helps.

I usually use meguires endurance although it may have had some no touch extra shine on there at the time......

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 05-25-2004, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um...carpet cleaner
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL so you think straight up carpet cleaner will work? I have a steam cleaner for the house with an attachment I was going to try it but wanted to make sure it wouldn't just make it worse? That tire dressing is nasty stuff!
Old 05-25-2004, 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tire Dressing is pretty hard to get out. IF you do end up having to buy new carpet, you might want to complain to the tire place now, so they know there is a problem (It whoulda been done immediatly, if you didnt already). That would offset the cost.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

folex, or diluted simple green should get it out..
Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try a product called Tuff Stuff. It is an aresol Carpet Cleaner. Works well in my opinion. Yellow and red can, I've found it at Auto Zone, and I beleive Pep Boys too.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Launching!

You can try Armor-All All Purpose cleaner, works great. Or, you can try Goof-Off. I know that it looks like it would leave a grease stain, but I found it to work great. I got some of the black gunk from around the T-Tops on my cloth seat. I used Goof-Off and it took it right out. It left no residue what so ever.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Vapoorize
Old 05-25-2004, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

I will vouch for Goof off that stuff works pretty frekin good IMO. I have used it on the carpet and the head liner. (dont ask)
Old 05-25-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
Tire Dressing is pretty hard to get out. IF you do end up having to buy new carpet, you might want to complain to the tire place now, so they know there is a problem (It whoulda been done immediatly, if you didnt already). That would offset the cost.
Yeah I know it was one of those days where I found myself YELLING at everyone, customer service these days is ridiculous. I was so worn out from complaining I was just like whatever!!

Well Goo Out seems to be a favorite, I'm going to go buy some and try that first. I have both Simple green and tuff stuff in the garage but I'm afraid it will make a mess of it. I'll try the goo off then the simple green then the tuff stuff. If it doesn't come all the way out I'll be replacing a perfectly fine carpet from a car with 19k miles on it

Thanks guys!

Bobby
Old 05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

get a bucket of hot water.... put in some ammonia and a rag. Get some spray nine (cleaner) and spray down the spot. Then take a scrub brush and wet it in the bucket... then scrub the crap out of it. After you do this ring out your rag and scrub the carpet with the rag. Repeat if necessary
Old 05-25-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

what is spray nine and where can I get it???
Old 05-26-2004, 03:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
what is spray nine and where can I get it???
Spray nine is a multi-pupose cleaner that is strong as hell.... you are actually suposed to were gloves when using it. It is in a white bottle with red and yellow lettering on it. You should be able to get it for most parts stores... I used to get it from western auto and now I get it from a ma an pa store where I live. If you can't find it then try using Simple green.

Oh and I forgot a step... after you spray the spot down with the cleaner... I would then use a foaming cleaner like Tuff Stuff or even resolve... then scrub with a brush and so on.

good luck