Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can no one provide a detailed answer? 4l60e to th400 swap question!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Why can no one provide a detailed answer? 4l60e to th400 swap question!?!?!?

Doing a th400 swap on a 2002 Camaro SS with a 4l60e auto in the car. The stock 4l60e shifter has a giant plug on the side of it, with like 6 wires going into it. The car will not start with this un plugged. I've searched on here for hours with several threads saying so and so wire needs cut and these two spliced together and so forth, but no detailed pictures, or info on WHAT exactly needs done. I will paypal someone if need be, to post a write up on exactly what needs to be spliced or cut to make a B&M shifter work with this swap? Pictures of the plug modified would be even better. I did a th350 in my old car, and ended up just leaving the stock 4l60e shifter plugged in, because I couldn't find anything on the wiring needed to be done with the shifter harness. I think I've posted in every th350/th400 swap thread asking for this information and everyone ignores it? Pleasssseeeee help! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Wires on you stock Park Neutral Position Switch

Terminal E PPL/WHT wire and terminal F DK GRN wire go to the park/neutral switch on your B&M shifter. Terminal C BRN and Terminal LT GRN wire goes the back-up light switch on your B&M shifter.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Park Neutral Position Switch.doc (283.5 KB, 251 views)
Old 11-15-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

The LT GRN wire is Terminal D. Sorry tried to edit first post but couldn't.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the pcm flashed to a manual and it will crank and run. I did this and removed all the transmission wires to pcm with no problems.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JapCrap
Have the pcm flashed to a manual and it will crank and run. I did this and removed all the transmission wires to pcm with no problems.
When I had the car mail order tuned to get it fired up with the new h/c/i combo, I told Texas-Speed it was a 4l60e equipped car, that now had a th350 in it and I needed everything trans related shut off, but it still wouldn't crank with the plug unplugged even after I got the PCM back from them...unless they just never turned the trans stuff off like I asked?
Old 11-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Teching In

They probably missed that little bit of info. I told my tuner to set it up as an m6 as I'm using a th350 trans. I'm not even using vss and it works fine. I would contact them to see if they can check it out for you. Or have a buddy with hptuners check it out..
Old 11-15-2014, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

They probably missed that little bit of info. I told my tuner to set it up as an m6 as I'm using a th350 trans. I'm not even using vss and it works fine. I would contact them to see if they can check it out for you. Or have a buddy with hptuners check it out..
I will, thanks. Which shifter do you use? You don't use any neutral safety switch or anything then? I'd rather not use/wire up anything if I don't have to.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro396
I will, thanks. Which shifter do you use? You don't use any neutral safety switch or anything then? I'd rather not use/wire up anything if I don't have to.
I use a hurst ratchet (b&m should be similar) with no safety switch or reverse lights,just the one cable to shift. Only bad thing about it is I can start the car in any gear. Which isn't a problem for me.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

I use a hurst ratchet (b&m should be similar) with no safety switch or reverse lights,just the one cable to shift. Only bad thing about it is I can start the car in any gear. Which isn't a problem for me.
That's how all of my other cars are (no nss or reverse) I just remind myself to check before starting.

Last edited by Camaro396; 11-15-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

The start or cranking circuit goes through the park/neutral switch to the starter relay. It does not go through the PCM. The PCM does not have anything to do with the cranking circuit. You can flash your PCM all day long and it still will not crank. To test this just connect Terminal E PPL/WHT wire and terminal F DK GRN wire together. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS IN PARK AND REAR WHEELS OFF THE GROUND!!!!!! Once you verify that the engine will crank over hook the wires up to your park/neutral switch on your B&M shifter before you kill someone!!!! It will take no more time to hook up the switch then it will to hook the two wires together. You are asking for someone to get hurt by not using a park/neutral switch.

Quick Reply: Why can no one provide a detailed answer? 4l60e to th400 swap question!?!?!?