Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mr. Clean AutoDry Zaino Users inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Clean AutoDry Zaino Users inside

I just bought one of these and was wondering has anyone else used it yet. I've only used it once but I got impatient and took the leaf blower to it as I was in a hurry. It seems to work pretty good at keeping water spots off but it's not perfect. Of course I haven't perfected the usage yet either. I was wondering how it may affect my Zaino since you can't use any other soap.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Try a search. It's been talked about.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I tried it on the wife's daily driver, a white '89 Bonneville, & my daily driver, a red '04 Grand Prix.

Did NOT like the results. Left water spots. Had to go over both of them with a quick detailer.

Damn good thing I didn't use it on my black '01 Firehawk, ..., I would not have been happy at all, ...
Old 06-06-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

i used it on my pewter Z, it left minimal minimal spots. overall, i dont see myself using it again, though.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

I'll try it again and try to do a better job but right now I feel like the majority
Old 06-07-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

it works great at my friends house, but he has a big water softner on his house already...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Chop-Foo Director

You don't have to use it with their soap. The new NXT soap has the same materials in it that help promote a spot free dry. Of course I'm impatient and dry my car anyway, so I can get started on the good stuff
Old 06-07-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love it and I'll add my :thumbsup: for the product.

I did try some Zaino car wash and it spotted horribly. Went back to the Mr. Clean soap and it's spot free again.

I'll try the NXT soap next if it's cheaper than the Mr. Clean soap.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Well, from what I understand it's the soap that has the "anti-spot" properties combined with the water filter. I'll try washing the car with zaino, then just use the anti-mist and see how it does.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Worked great on my black SS. Washed the car at dusk and by the time it dried, it was dark. Pulled the car into the garage under the lights and she looked beautiful. Sat and admired, then put the cover on. Pulled out the next day into the sun and WHOA! Looked like it just came off the showroom floor.

I'd definately recommend it to anyone.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, from what I understand it's the soap that has the "anti-spot" properties combined with the water filter. I'll try washing the car with zaino, then just use the anti-mist and see how it does.
Save yourself the effort. That's exactly what I tried and I had spots. Went back to the Mr. Clean soap and no more spots. The soap definitely plays part in the spot free results.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Launching!

Is there any caranuba in the soap?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PFDarkside
Is there any caranuba in the soap?
Nothing about carnuba on the bottle
Old 06-08-2004, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

I'd recommend it as well. Everytime I have used it I have never seen a water spot. Like someone said, it might be because you have hard water? I live out in the country and we have real good water so that might be one reason it works so well.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Just some info about the NXT car wash from one of the Meguiars Techs:

NXT Generation Car Wash offers excellent cleaning with long lasting suds. It also contains a sequestering agent that seeks out minerals in your wash water. It encapsulates them and causes them to sink to the bottom of your wash bucket, and it prevents them from depositing onto your finish.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
Just some info about the NXT car wash from one of the Meguiars Techs:

NXT Generation Car Wash offers excellent cleaning with long lasting suds. It also contains a sequestering agent that seeks out minerals in your wash water. It encapsulates them and causes them to sink to the bottom of your wash bucket, and it prevents them from depositing onto your finish.
Do you use this? Does it work???
Old 06-08-2004, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

I have used it and it works great for me. Where I live the water is hard and well, its always at least 100+ during the day and at least 90 at night. As for you folks that wonder about the soap and filter. I dont have much knowledge on the soap part but I have some useful info on the filter.

The filter is a 2 part filter. If you have'nt noticed. The 2 parts are Anion and Canion. What they do is De-mineralize the water. It is the same elements used in our Demineralization Cart for our jets. I work on AV8B harriers. They use a H2O injection much like a N2O injection. Now, Anion and Canion are VERY NASTY!! If you were to open up the filter and get the material on you, you will get a very nast chemical burn. Also, in what they do by Demineralizing the water DO NOT DRINK THE FILTERED WATER!! It will give you the "squirts", if you know what I mean. Dont give it to your dog either. I hope you have learned something useful in this little bit of my knowledge. If you have any questions email me at: rebelord@mail.dsli.com

Ski
Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS3933
I tried it with Zaino soap and it didn't work for ****. The spotting was awful.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Yes, I do use it, but like I've said, I'm too impatient to let the sucker air dry, so I have no clue if it works as good as the mr clean soap. I'd rather use the meguiars anyway, as they have more of a clue when it comes to car wash soap.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Teching In

IMO (dont use mr.clean on black cars) you will get water spots from hell and if you try to hand dry car it will leave streaks like a mugg I think its the damn soap! STILL trying to rid the water spots , had to wet sand some and compound others( cluster **** for black paint)

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean AutoDry Zaino Users inside