Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

passenger seat belt rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question passenger seat belt rattle

this is driving me crazy... I tried fastening the seat belt for a couple of days, but don't much care for that solution.

any ideas for a new 4th gen owner?
Old 06-16-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought a Loudmouth. That helped a good deal. If it's turned a certian way it doesn't rattle as much. I think with the latch (chrome part) facing towards the door. Hope this helps
Old 06-16-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine did that too, I actually let someone drive the car and sat over there, the belt was twisted... So I worked at it a little bit and got it twisted the right way and no rattles or anything...
Old 06-17-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow i would never see that one coming... i probably have the same twisted belt.. better go check
Old 06-17-2004, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

well I've tried the belt twisted with the belt latch facing in and facing out... either way it still rattles it's hitting the hard plastic back of the passenger seat-back. not constantly, just when I hit a bump or I'm on a rough road.

I saw some seat belt strap cusion type of thing today on a volkswagon... nice little pad, not a giant oversized one or anything... looked kinda sporty. might have to try and find something like that...
Old 06-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Are your seatbelt buckles (on the belt side) the same from passenger to driver?

(I also have the rattle...)
Old 06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Went and took a few pics, dont look further than the seatbelt... Crap from work etc is still there, its too cluttered.. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails passenger seat belt rattle-2004_0616seat0016.jpg   passenger seat belt rattle-2004_0616seat0017.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Darkside, yeah they are on the same side... sometimes I get the twist right and it lasts for a few miles, then, inevitably, it starts rattleing again, and I reach over, twist it back and go for a few more miles.

I suppose if this is all there is for me to bitch about then I'm doing pretty good

thanks for the pics Brandon! that's like I have it now (after twisting it originally half a turn, had to do this with the drivers side too to keep it straight when in use). I've tried buckling it too, this definitely works. but damn... don't want to go around forever with that buckled... it's just kind of annoying. especialy after upgrading from my old 90 Firebird, the seat belts in that thing were perfect, easy to reach too... too bad GM changed the design there.

LOL such minor crap anyhow, I debated for several days before even posting this at all...

thanks for the comments everyone.

Matt
Old 06-17-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is way to weird! i have the same problem. i thought i was crazy
i dont feel so stupid after all. i just keep the seatbelt buckled up when i drive. keeps my invisible friend safe
Old 06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I cant stand to have it buckled, just too odd to me, and i usually have something over there that im grabbin for etc.

Just set it up how I have it, and you should be set.. if it still bugs you turn the damn radio up!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Guys,

My grand cherokee with rear folding seats had velcro sewn into the seatbelts and the loop part of velcro to the side panels (from factory) This kept the seatbelts from interfering with the folding unfolding of the rear seats.
Something like this may work for you guys.

I don't quite have the same problem...but my pass. seatback does rattle when I go over rough roads. I usually have to put my arm on the seat because it gets fizarkin annoying!!!! Anyone else have this? Know how to fix?...with out removing seat?

Ricker
Old 06-18-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem. I pushed small pieces of that black foam weather stripping between the metal and plastic. No more rattle. It drove me crazy.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Solution = Racing seats with 5pts. tightened when not in use.. problem solved =)
Old 06-18-2004, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ricker6869
Guys,

My grand cherokee with rear folding seats had velcro sewn into the seatbelts and the loop part of velcro to the side panels (from factory) This kept the seatbelts from interfering with the folding unfolding of the rear seats.
Something like this may work for you guys.
Ricker
hey! nice idea... I've got a bunch of velcro, why didn't I ever think of it?

Thanks Ricker

Quick Reply: passenger seat belt rattle