Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions quick...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions quick...

yea me again, i have some posts in the external engine part, i'm in the middle of a header install QTP's and i have the passenger side up...1. how do i know if i'm crossthreading a bolt...they are going in w/ effort..is this normal? 2. how do i jack up the engine on the drivers side, is it just unbolt the mount and jack or do i need to undo other things too? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Anyone!?

Helloooooo?? ecchhoooo eccchhoooooo
Old 06-19-2004, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crossthreading. well it get really tight really quick basically. the bolt still has a long ways to go but it gets really tight. are you using stock bolts or bolts supplied? if u are using the stock ones put them back in the hole you took them out from if they are new you might want to tap the holes first to clean up the thread. oh and as far as jacking up the motor yeah just loosen the mount and lift it up.
eddie
Old 06-19-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1INSIDE
crossthreading. well it get really tight really quick basically. the bolt still has a long ways to go but it gets really tight. are you using stock bolts or bolts supplied? if u are using the stock ones put them back in the hole you took them out from if they are new you might want to tap the holes first to clean up the thread. oh and as far as jacking up the motor yeah just loosen the mount and lift it up.
eddie
Cool thanks....how about if it gets tight half way and stays the same tightness while i'm still threading a few....they are the stockers and i have no clue what holes they came out of...but i do have the other five already in...what should i use as a jack point for lifting the engine?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:19 PM

You will need to use 2 washers between the header bolts and the headers, unless you got new bolts for the headers. Because the headers are not as thick as the Stock manifolds, The bolts will bottom out and not thighten.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default HELP ASAP..this is getting annoying

ok, i got the screw a little less than half way in easily, then it got tight to the point where i can still thread it w/ the smallest socket wrench so if i were to up it to a 1/4 inch it would be easy again b/c of the leverage...however the rest of the bolts went in easier...also i backed it out to take a look at the threads on the screw after getting it half way and they looked normal so should i just keep torqueing away?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the bolt is about 90% in and its harder than hell to torque w/ the tiny little socket wrench that fits in there....any ideas?
Old 06-19-2004, 04:20 PM

Did you put the two washers on? The bolt may be bottomed out.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Did you put the two washers on? The bolt may be bottomed out.
No washers necessary...all are tightened now..i think though if i try to take that #5 bolt out and put it back in it wont happen...all the rest tightened down good including num. 5 probably just stripped as well...well i shouldnt ever have to take it off...stainless lol...