PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have any info on the zeitronix wideband? Looks very neat!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone have any info on the zeitronix wideband? Looks very neat!!

Cheaper alternative too. I guess some mag did some testing and this one came out on top. I really like the digital display too:

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Opinions?
Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like a really good deal as long as youve got a laptop...wonder if this is one of the types hptuners is gonna be integrating? Keith?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have hp tuners and i think they are just gonna add some input somewhere for it. i dont know if it matters what type of WB02 you are using or not

dave
Old 07-22-2004, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i guess we'll see soon enough with how fast they come out with updates i wouldnt be suprised if we see it an option next month now that im thinking about it though how is that gonna work, integrating it and all? Obviously it'll be just a software update...are you gonna have to have to still plug in the wb into your computer & all in like a usb port and somehow integrate it into hptuners programming? I feel like such a newbie with some of this stuff even though im not...programming starts to make you feel small lol
Old 07-22-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by foff667
i guess we'll see soon enough with how fast they come out with updates i wouldnt be suprised if we see it an option next month now that im thinking about it though how is that gonna work, integrating it and all? Obviously it'll be just a software update...are you gonna have to have to still plug in the wb into your computer & all in like a usb port and somehow integrate it into hptuners programming? I feel like such a newbie with some of this stuff even though im not...programming starts to make you feel small lol

From what I have talked with Chris @ HPTuners, The Wideband option is actually going to replace the cable we currently use. It will have the inputs directly on the cable I assume. He didn't discuss exactly how it looked or much about it other than it not using the same cable and instead of integrating it through some sensor on the PCM he said it would be way easier to have the Wideband inputs go to a cable so that all cars would be the same as far as integrating it for use with a wideband.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.p...89;start=20#20
Old 07-22-2004, 12:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

thx monodax...kinda sux for current owners though...hopefully it'll be dirt cheap with a trade in option or something of the like. I guess we'll see soon enough.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris (HPT) told me 0-5 V input on the cable real time. Any device with 0-5 output can be captured. Hopefully the software will make it easy to calibrate the input.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the output curve of the PLX Devices unit better. Will be easier to calibrate.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

now that im looking futher at buying this wideband how would one hook it up to also get rpms? Do you have to splice into the coil wiring? er?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I intend to get HP Tuner when it comes out with the data aquisition cable and wire up the PLX Devices wide band 0-5V output.

Check the PLX website, I think they sell a wireless O2 system that allows you to record data from the tachometer lead together into a laptop. Looks like pretty cool stuff.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
I intend to get HP Tuner when it comes out with the data aquisition cable and wire up the PLX Devices wide band 0-5V output.

Check the PLX website, I think they sell a wireless O2 system that allows you to record data from the tachometer lead together into a laptop. Looks like pretty cool stuff.
You can wire up to 6 inputs - 2 speed inputs (like RPM pulses) and 4 voltage inputs (i.e. TPS) up to their unit and have it sent out the wireless USB, along with the A/F, to your laptop. Not a big fan of the wireless but they have a conversion cable to make it wired. I like the fact that the PLX has many optional accessories. They have a narrowband to wideband conversion for use with the Autometer guage so it actually displays the wideband. I think that is pretty cool.

I don't think the hard part is getting the signal into the laptop, its upgrading the software to read, store and correlate a new input. If it was design well this shouldn't be too difficult and for the sake of simplicity, HP tuners just has to have a new Y cable made up with a one-wire dongle added to their existing cable (for wideband input) on the PCM side (like monodax said) and offer a software upgrade package.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested too in how the Zeitronix unit works. Using my laptop for logging isn't a problem and I don't really need all the other stuff that the PLX offers.

I wonder though if the PLX adapter for the Autometer gauge would work with any analog output WB.