Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Got some baseline numbers! Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got some baseline numbers! Opinions?

Well yesterday I went down to The DynoShop and got some baseline numbers before I do anything else. It's not really a true baseline since it already had some mods on it when I got it, but it's a starting point.

My first pull was the best and I got 300 RWHP and 308 RWTQ. I thought it would pull around 310. I was hoping for a little bit more considering it isn't stock. If it was bone stock I would have been happy.

So what do you guys think? Has anyone else dynoed similar or am I the odd man out? I just thought stock these should dyno 295 – 300, and mine has a few mods. This was on a dynojet dyno, and the A/F ratio was around 12.2 at peak power, and was around 12.0 most of the time, with the mods in the sig and is SAE corrected. If anyone is remotely interested I can post the graph as well. Thanks in advance
Old 07-25-2004, 05:53 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lid= 10rwhp
K&n= 0-.5hp
flowmaster= ****

your numbers are fine.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yer runnin a tad bit rich too... lean her out to 13.0... might pickup a little bit
Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by jrp
lid= 10rwhp
K&n= 0-.5hp
flowmaster= ****

your numbers are fine.
JRP, you always have great posts - short and to the point, thanks for the input. Yeah I know flowmaster don't really "flow" and I think I've seen people gain 1-2 HP from the K&N. I like how the flowsmaster sounds though. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it. The guy spent like $500 for the flowmaster and snot welded y-pipe. If I see a good deal for a straight through type exhaust, I might jump on it, but right now I'm not too concerned.

The only things I've done so far is the TB bypass, and the AMW catch can. I love that catch can, it actually works.

I can feel the difference with TB bypass though it just pulls like a raped ape now... no just kidding. I just like the fact that it's nice and cool instead of blazing hot like everything else.

Yes it is running a tad rich... not too bad though, I expected it to run richer since it's a stock tune. I can hardly wait until I get my laptop and editing software... lean her out a bit
Old 07-26-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just in case anyone would like to see...
Attached Thumbnails Got some baseline numbers! Opinions?-run-1.jpg  
Old 07-29-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NavySS
My first pull was the best and I got 300 RWHP and 308 RWTQ. I thought it would pull around 310.
I think your number are average. Some dyno higher, some dyno lower.

My 00 seems to be average, well it was when it was stock. The 02 is a bit stronger than average but nothing spectacular.

BTW Sent you a PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Mine was at 285 stock, so dont feel too bad. Mine is also a 01' 6 speed.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

My 2000 A4 pulled 297 with a K&N so its about average
Old 08-01-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txhorns281
Yer runnin a tad bit rich too... lean her out to 13.0... might pickup a little bit

Nope bad idea. He needs to keep it rich down low and then up top maybe lean it out a smidgen to about 12.8.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:27 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it seems a little down for the mods. Maybe the Flowmaster is the problem... who knows...

My 2000 put down 303.5/319 stock to the filter - and I thought that was on the low side.

If I were you, i'd replace the fuel filter, plugs, and maybe the wires. Also clean your K&N as it might be a bit dirty.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I think it seems a little down for the mods. Maybe the Flowmaster is the problem... who knows...

My 2000 put down 303.5/319 stock to the filter - and I thought that was on the low side.

If I were you, i'd replace the fuel filter, plugs, and maybe the wires. Also clean your K&N as it might be a bit dirty.
Well, it has a brand new deutsch fuel filter (cut the old one open... pretty clean), new NGK TR55 plugs. Nothing is wrong with stock wires - they test out around 300 Ohms or a bit less. The K&N is also clean and not over saturated.

My only suspicion would be the flowmaster... I might just put it to the test and get a straight through muffler and have it redynoed before I do LTs or something else (duh... or it wouldn't be scientific now would it?). I'll look forward to doing my test.

But I'm not overly concerned about it... different dynos dyno different, production tolerances vary, your 2000 got the better exhaust manifolds if I recall, and nothings is wrong with the car it hauls *** and hasn't missed a beat, not even one poof of smoke on the dyno... can't say that for most other cars I've seen on the dyno...