Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual dumped people inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual dumped people inside

Ever since putting on my pacesetters and dumps my car rattles horribly at certain RPM's. When coming out of first the ashtray shakes and I can hear a metallic noise coming from the passenger side door and the metal behind the back seat. Its pretty damn annoying. What have you guys done to solve this problem or are you just learning to live with it? I put some sound deadening insulation under the carpet yesterday and it has helped a little but not to the point where I am satisfied. Right now the car has moroso spiral flows on it, and I was thinking about putting some bullets in before the X-pipe to change the tone and quiet the car down. Any suggestions?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

My setup does it also, but I dont plan to stay with my duals for too much longer. I cant take the ground clearence issues that im having. Hell its hard to get the car in the driveway at times becasue of it.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

I have them on my stroker setup and it's pretty annoying but I kinda figured that when I put them on. They do sound great though. Every time I go over and open bottom bridge it makes me want to get rid of them though. It would be nice to be able to hear yourself think again.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

I had 3" TD's X-pipe dumped and had some vibrations. Center console would make some awful noise. Something was touching metal though. I got that taken care of and all the vibrations went away. Now it just loud!

Sounds like it's touching somewhere. It shouldnt "vibrate". It may need to be clearanced away from the floor.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine, no drone, few rattles. I fixed most of them with this double sided sticky rubber stuff. Worked really well. Except for the ground clearence, duals rock!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

What did you do with the double sided sticky tape?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the new TSP duals, ground clearance is really good. I have not hit anything after putting them on wrong, (upside down). The rattles where much worse when i had staight headers, so it does not bug me yet. Maybe add some cats to that.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

I have TSP's setup as well...few rattles...but nothing too annoying. The sound is worth it, but since my car is lowered i have to take the bumps slow. I'm thinking about going back to stock springs juss for more clearance and a little piece of mind that my swwwweeeeeeeeeeettt setup wont get torn up.

Gabe
Old 08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

I have a true dual, X-pipe, dumped setup as well & absolutely love it. No rattles just pure LS1 music. Scares off the 'stangs also & has people wondering where my exhaust tips are at.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True Duals It shouldn't be too bad. Mine hardly ever does it. If you get under the car and make sure that none of the pipes are hitting anything under the car all you have to worry about is loose stuff inside the car rattling. Things like change in the ashtray or the cup holder, or especially an empty aluminum can on top of loose change in the ashtray, can rattle pretty good. So long as you keep the loose stuff inside the car under control it's good. The sound is just too awsome to ever take them off I plan to get dual electric cutouts to open header and maybe run the pipes out the back sometime in the future.

Edit: I just say you have the spiro flows, do a search on the mufflers for true dauls. I think i remember reading that some flowmaster one chambers or sweet thunder chambered muffs would quiet things down for you, esp inside the car.l
Old 08-10-2004, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

I have true duals with single Ch Flowmasters and Dr. Gas X-pipe 2.5" manderal bent, no rattle, no resonance what so ever no rattle, just perfect.

Check for tight areas that may be rubbing
Old 08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CamaroSS01SLP
I have a true dual, X-pipe, dumped setup as well & absolutely love it. No rattles just pure LS1 music. Scares off the 'stangs also & has people wondering where my exhaust tips are at.

Like your Dr Gas setup. Is that kit specific for your car or is it a universal kit?
Nice car
Old 08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1_bc
Like your Dr Gas setup. Is that kit specific for your car or is it a universal kit?
Nice car
Hey buddy, thanx for the compliments.....As a matter a fact, I only ordered the Dr. Gas 2½'' X-pipe kit and had a reputable exhaust shop here in town fab it up for me. They did an outstanding job & I had a smile from ear to ear when I turned that key for the 1st time & now it's hard to not want to go cruise around & just hear my car. I might sound crazy but it changed the "feel" of the car completely. The whole system is 2½'' which is good for 500 HP so in all honesty, I don't see the need for a 3'' setup. Plus, you have more clearance with a 2½'' setup. Just my .02.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Launching!

i got my td's custom-fabbed. it was totally worth it!they tucked them very nicely...yet i dont get rattles.yea the norm ashtray music,but who doesnt love it,when your racing a rustang with your cut-outs open....just tearin' up the road.lol
Old 08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

I have the same issues with my car. I had bullets with turndowns at first. Then, I switched to dynomax ultraflo mufflers instead of bullets and the noise and vibration were reduced a lot.