PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much will high flow cats skew air/fuel reading?Replacing stock post cat o2 w WBo2

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much will high flow cats skew air/fuel reading?Replacing stock post cat o2 w WBo2

just curious if at WOT (and non WOT for that matter) the high flow cats will even affect my LM-1 reading. I was gonna pull one of my post cat o2s and screw his in for the time being.

Dave
Old 08-11-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
just curious if at WOT (and non WOT for that matter) the high flow cats will even affect my LM-1 reading. I was gonna pull one of my post cat o2s and screw his in for the time being.

Dave
This is definitely not what you would want to do. You can get a bung welded in for 20.00 at most shops after one of your pre-cat stock O2 sensor holes or before depending on how your headers are setup. You would never know exactly how bad your calibration would be off going through a catalytic converter as it loses efficiency over time as well.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you had gutted cats though, you could use
the rear bungs with no problem
Old 08-11-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

problem is on my c5 vette id have to take the header off to get it welded.: ( no room

dave

Quick Reply: how much will high flow cats skew air/fuel reading?Replacing stock post cat o2 w WBo2