Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How often do you guys race?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:30 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default How often do you guys race?

Just a simple question...

I am usually racing someone every night. Now, I don't really think that's a good thing as I'm sure it'll catch up to me sooner or later, but it's been a pretty eventful summer for me.

How about you guys?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to this. I've only raced about 5-6 times. The ony real competition I'e had was from a modded 'Stang. Honestly, I have as much fun (or more) preventing a fly-by as I do going from a dig or roll.

:loser:
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually don't race all that much. No one ever wants to run 'em.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

I race whenever I get a chance and the road conditions are right and it is just me or a consenting passenger.

Lately, I have not had any races. The only thing close was a 01' Cobra the other day with a sweet exhaust and definately modded but the traffic was too much...

Gotta try to keep it safe
Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

No one will run me out here I guess word got around about the LS1. i mean not even ricers. They just rev their car and turn. If i chase them down, nothing... Best race i had was a lightning, and he ripped me a new one due to low traction.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

not nearly often enough, actually more like never, bunch of ****** here where i live.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my car in spring of '03, all the mustangs around were revving me. The only other LS1 car that had raced anyone around here was a dude in a 99 TA M6, that absolutely SUCKS at driving. He had given the LS1 a bad name, 5.0s, 4.6s it didn't matter, they had beat him, and thought they could beat me. One by one I took them all down, weekend after weekend of street racing. I was accused numerous times of spraying, but the car only had a flowmaster muffler and K&N filter. A year later and NOONE wants to race, plus the car is a bit healthier this summer than last . I have roamed the streets in search of a run, with no luck. Those of you like this, I feel your pain.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

when i lived in kansas i'd get in races quite a bit. wide open spaces, straight roads, not alot of cops...

but now i live in the downtown chicago area and since may when i bought my ls1, i've only been in one real race with an ausi s4. and that was on a weekend roadtrip up in wisconsin on a safe-open highway. i just dont feel very safe street racing in the city, no matter what time of day or night theres always a chance somebody could pull out in front of you or be walking across the street.

not to mention i havent had one single worthy rig try to get me to run 'em, its always some lamer hoodrat wannabe in clapped out accord, probe, or whatever thier older sister gave them who thinks since his exhaust is 120db and has a k&n filter hes fast. all you gotta do with those guys is side step the clutch and break the tires loose and they pipe right down.

i'm still at the stage where i know my rig is just a notch above stock, when i get some more mojo goin on under the hood i'll prolly be more inclined to shoot revs and hunt for races.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

every chance i get, as long as there is little to no traffic, no cops around, no rain, no people in the middle of the road, no animals near by, not on a two lane road, not in the middle of the day, only if the wind is at my back, and if i know i can beat the opponent
Old 08-26-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

every chance i get. unless there is rain, cops etc. doesn't matter what i race, if he/she pops a rev and wants to go, its there mistake. there is something about disel trucks here in NC, i think i've stoped next to all but maybe 3 ever since i've had my car that didn't try and race me
Old 08-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Teching In

i only race when i'm provoked. i never try to instagate a race.... therefore, i dont get many races.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

I party thursday party friday, party saturday and race every sunday.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HOSS
every chance i get, as long as there is little to no traffic, no cops around, no rain, no people in the middle of the road, no animals near by, not on a two lane road, not in the middle of the day, only if the wind is at my back, and if i know i can beat the opponent
LOL!!!! Animals around.. that's soo true, i almost hit a ****** deer one night on this small highway out in the country. Stupid **** almost ran into me.

I usually race when people bother me too much cuz i dont feel like spending gas racing each person i see, but i try to keep it cool now. Before when i first got it, i was racing anyone i could find lol.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Launching!

I used to race almost everyday, picking on hondas and racing mostly GT's and 01 and below cobra cobras , and for the most part i would win. i calmed down alot since i got my 95mph ticket on a 65mph and was let off easy by the cop because i was racing a T/A. now i only race on Saturdays maybe Sundays 2