Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modular patriot heads....ls1 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modular patriot heads....ls1 question

im new here and before you start bashing me i had an 98z that got totalled so i got smart and got a stang

my question is...

ive heard about problems patriot used to have with their ls1 heads and the valve seats falling out and destroying motors. well, i have their modular ford pi heads and the valve seat fell out and destroyed my dss shortblock, pistons done....cylinder walls are done.....ect...ect i dont think the head can even be fixed, half the chamber was disintigrated.

i know their a sponser here, and i dont mean to start any flame wars but, it makes me worry when i hear about the ls1 heads doing the same thing.

they were bought through speed inc. and i was wondering what if anything are they doing to correct this, is there anything that i can do about my motor, and the fact that im set back about $5000 total because of this.

i didnt get the ferrera option, so the valve broke into 3 pieces...destroying everything in its path.

maybe patriot can shed some light on the subject

AGAIN: THIS IS NOT A FLAME...IM JUST CURIOUS IF THE PROBLEM HAS SUPPOSEDLY BEEN RESOLVED, AND IS THERE ANYTHING PATRIOT CAN DO FOR ME TO CORRECT THIS?

thanks
modularford
Old 09-02-2004, 10:51 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

was this the stock seat or a new one was installed for a larger valve?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Teching In

when the heads are cnc'd they have to remove even the stock valve seats in order to port the chamber, even if your still running stock sized valves. not sure what they use for the stage II head, i beleive its larger
Old 09-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Man that sucks, .It looks as if they have problems with making a quality product.There have been a number of problems with the LS1 heads.DSS 4.6 short blocks are not cheap.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Did you post this on some Ford forum boards?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000PewterZ28
Did you post this on some Ford forum boards?
Probably, but we are the tech gurus at ls1tech.com

Humble response of course
Old 09-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Teching In

i have posted..but just asking questions about anyone having problems, not flaming.

they said patriot was having problems with the ls1 heads so i figured i'd check here

(i noticed a thread that started about patriot proving themselves, i must say the cnc job is excellent and the car made some KICK *** power but....a seat falling out, is something i wasnt expecting)

everything was brand new about a month ago, short block...blower...heads...cams...everything. had no problems whatso ever until this...and its major
Old 09-03-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just Joking!! Yeah they have had some issues last year, but they apparently fixed them all, bad springs, leaks, valve seals. But all issues have been addressed and if you search a read they have quite a few happy customers here.
They have now "new" Gold duals that are some of the best on the market.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modularford
im new here and before you start bashing me i had an 98z that got totalled so i got smart and got a stang

my question is...

ive heard about problems patriot used to have with their ls1 heads and the valve seats falling out and destroying motors. well, i have their modular ford pi heads and the valve seat fell out and destroyed my dss shortblock, pistons done....cylinder walls are done.....ect...ect i dont think the head can even be fixed, half the chamber was disintigrated.

i know their a sponser here, and i dont mean to start any flame wars but, it makes me worry when i hear about the ls1 heads doing the same thing.

they were bought through speed inc. and i was wondering what if anything are they doing to correct this, is there anything that i can do about my motor, and the fact that im set back about $5000 total because of this.

i didnt get the ferrera option, so the valve broke into 3 pieces...destroying everything in its path.

maybe patriot can shed some light on the subject

AGAIN: THIS IS NOT A FLAME...IM JUST CURIOUS IF THE PROBLEM HAS SUPPOSEDLY BEEN RESOLVED, AND IS THERE ANYTHING PATRIOT CAN DO FOR ME TO CORRECT THIS?

thanks
modularford
What did Patriot tell you? Because I'm sure you contacted them first about the problem before posting on a message board asking what we would do... right?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

""im new here and before you start bashing me i had an 98z that got totalled so i got smart and got a stang""
Old 09-03-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnP
""im new here and before you start bashing me i had an 98z that got totalled so i got smart and got a stang""
not exactly the brightest way to start a thread here....
Old 09-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JohnP
did someone **** in your wheaties today or what?

you didnt find a little humor in that? i loved my z but just wanted something different..is there something wrong with that?

Old 09-03-2004, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Patriot Performance stands ready to review any potential claims that may arise from the use of our products. However, we must have contact with the customer before the process can begin.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GUNNAR@PATRIOT
Patriot Performance stands ready to review any potential claims that may arise from the use of our products. However, we must have contact with the customer before the process can begin.

Review, like how they helped Todd @ Discount tire. Review how many folks have blown up their cars to inferior valves.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whos blown up their motor to inferior valves???
Old 09-03-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Review, like how they helped Todd @ Discount tire. Review how many folks have blown up their cars to inferior valves.
So based on that one case, which by the way was never proven to be the fault of Patriot, nobody should buy heads from them ever again right?

I mean hell, it's not like hundreds, if not thousands of heads have gone on peoples cars and have hundreds of thousands of miles logged on them now - making great power and running very reliably I might add.. Nah, we should all just boycott their company because of Todd's case..

Us Patriot headed cars are all doomed..

/sarcasm
Old 09-03-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

They did offer to help Todd at Discount tire.

I am REALLY getting sick of this ****

Most aftermarket parts have NO WARRANTY at all!

Some will warrant the part that failed but NOT ANCILLARY damage as a result of the failure. I guess some people here are TOO DENSE to understand that SIMPLE concept!!!

CALL THE FOCKING VENDOR IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

If you do not get a resolution from the VENDOR contact the admins here and post your comments FACTUALLY WITH FIRSTHAND INFORMATION!

"Not my buddies brothers car dropped a valve and XYZ vendor sucks"

You arent even running LS1 heads, you have a MUSTANG. Why is this post even here?

This is the last warning.

READ THE FORUM RULES!!!

This policy extends to ALL SPONSORS not just Patriot.