Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRUE DUAL GUYS please

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUE DUAL GUYS please

I need a new exhaust on my car can not stand how my dynomouth,lt's, and ory sound. It sounds like a damn pickup truck. Well i was going to get the 4" mufflex system with a spintech and alote of people say the flow bad but i dont know how. So any ways i was wondering if alote of you guys experience dron inside the car expecially around 1500 to 2000 rpm's. I really hate that noise to. If not is there any muffler i should stay away from with a true dual setup with a x-pipe. I was going to have my muffler shop build me one for cheap. Or do you think the tsp true duals are worth the money. Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Single chamber flows have the drone. Heard alot of other guys say they have it too. I know for a fact mine does. Seems to fluctuate with how you arrange your turndowns though.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Single chamber flows have the drone. Heard alot of other guys say they have it too. I know for a fact mine does. Seems to fluctuate with how you arrange your turndowns though.
Must be how it reflects off the ground with those things. Well im not going to go with those then. thanks for the input.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Np, for what its worth mine is only noticeable in 6th gear with windows closed @ those rpms (75-85ish) with a 30 degree turnout. I would imagine with a bigger turnout you could almost eliminate it.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Borla XR-1's
Magnaflow 4x9
Sweet-Thunders

I've had the Borlas, and I'm currently running the sweet thunders. The Borlas were extremely quiet inside the car, but a beast outside. The Sweet-Thunders don't have any drone at all. They're just really deep. REALLY DEEP.. I'm lovin em so far.

Even got complimented by base security the other day..
Old 09-07-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have Maganflow 4x9's and they are really nice. The sound is VERY deep, and there is practically no drone. I am going to re-do the whole system though and run the pipes out the back with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers instead so I can go over speed-bumps.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Borla XR-1's
Magnaflow 4x9
Sweet-Thunders

I've had the Borlas, and I'm currently running the sweet thunders. The Borlas were extremely quiet inside the car, but a beast outside. The Sweet-Thunders don't have any drone at all. They're just really deep. REALLY DEEP.. I'm lovin em so far.

Even got complimented by base security the other day..
where do you get the sweet thunder mufflers, i remember seeing them just not sure where. Plus do you recommend a 3" setup for the smoothest sound possible.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

whatever fits and dont dump before the axle....problem solved
Old 09-07-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flexybronc
where do you get the sweet thunder mufflers, i remember seeing them just not sure where. Plus do you recommend a 3" setup for the smoothest sound possible.
There is a website that sells them. Do a search on Google and you will find it. They arent really mufflers per say, they are just like pipes with pieces of metal hanging out , but they still sound very nice! Sound wont change much from 2.5" to 3". Do whichever you want. 2.5" will be better suited for low ground clearence for speed bumps and what not.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Google the three words you just wrote and you'll find them. I was torn between all three of those and the one's I finally chose, Edlebrock. Anyone is a great choice. I wanted a real looking muffler and the Edlebrock had the best clearence (only 3.5 " high). Mine are quiet as a mouse on the inside and I have dumps! They are extremely deep without any drone whatsoever. You can hold a conversation with and without the windows open. Check out my sig for pics and sounds.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

I have bullets in mine, and theres less drone than with the cut out... I dont even notice any drone at all in my car??? Maybe im used to it
Old 09-07-2004, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Google the three words you just wrote and you'll find them. I was torn between all three of those and the one's I finally chose, Edlebrock. Anyone is a great choice. I wanted a real looking muffler and the Edlebrock had the best clearence (only 3.5 " high). Mine are quiet as a mouse on the inside and I have dumps! They are extremely deep without any drone whatsoever. You can hold a conversation with and without the windows open. Check out my sig for pics and sounds.
Man i just listened to your sound clips on Ls1sounds. Your car sounds damn good. I might look into those mufflers as well. What size is you pipe plus if there is different lengths of those mufflers which ones did you get. dont mean to be bothersome just trying to get the most info for my new exhaust. thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man i just listened to your sound clips on Ls1sounds. Your car sounds damn good. I might look into those mufflers as well. What size is you pipe plus if there is different lengths of those mufflers which ones did you get. dont mean to be bothersome just trying to get the most info for my new exhaust. thanks guys.
All 3" SS piping.

304 Series Mufflers
Center In/Offset Out: 3''
Dimensions: 13'' x 9-1/8'' x 3-5/8''

PN# 350-5562 on the following page...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...60&prmenbr=361
Old 09-09-2004, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Ordered the 3" edelbrock mufflers today for my true dual setup. BLASTER's car sounds to damn good not to try them. They should flow pretty good from their design plus it will be a little quieter which i wont mind. Thanks for the input there guys. I will post some clips up when i get it together. Should sound a little different with a G5X3 cam.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

I have Duals on my car with bullet mufflers, but have it ran over the axle. It has very little to no drone at all. It is very quiet inside the car until you get on it then all hell breaks loose.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ordered the 3" edelbrock mufflers today for my true dual setup. BLASTER's car sounds to damn good not to try them. They should flow pretty good from their design plus it will be a little quieter which i wont mind. Thanks for the input there guys. I will post some clips up when i get it together. Should sound a little different with a G5X3 cam.

Nice. Glad I could be of some help and thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to hear your car with your cam. Please shoot me a PM when you get some clips. To be honest, mine is sooo quiet inside that it makes me think its quiet on the outside. I know its not but I would like it a touch louder. I am iching to get a cam to raise the volume a bit plus i like the lopey sound. You car should sound awesome.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would recommed TSP's system on the sound and how well they tuck up in there!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just had the car dynoed and it made 351 hp and 366 tq so obviously the Edlebrocks flow really well too. Almost full bolt on car, no pulley or tuning yet. Good luck and Im sure you will be happy.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Awsome, i think i might pick up a little torque and hp. if i loss like 5hp who cares. The sound alone will make me happy. I recieved mine friday. They have a very interesting design. Cant wait to get them on. Hopfully they go on 9-23.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awsome, i think i might pick up a little torque and hp. if i loss like 5hp who cares. The sound alone will make me happy. I recieved mine friday. They have a very interesting design. Cant wait to get them on. Hopfully they go on 9-23.
You can thank the local hook-up