Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WS6 Lower Air Box w/ SLP Ultra Z Hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WS6 Lower Air Box w/ SLP Ultra Z Hood

I'm thinking about picking up a WS6 Lower Air Box to go with my Ultra Z hood. I did a search and didn't find much other than a few people saying they were going to try it. Just wondering if it fits? Pics would be cool if ya got em!
Old 09-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Anyone???
Old 09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a good plan. Does SLP make a Z hood for the Firebird/TA? If they do, ask SLP if the Z hood is compatible with the WS-6 airbox. I doubt you will see any gain though. IMO the stock airbox opening is not restrictive (I measured it and did calculations and compared it to the TB opening size). It should flow more than enough air. The problem with the airbox opening and a stock hood is that GM graciously put a giant piece of stamped steel directly in front of it, forcing the intake to pull air in from under the hood. Thanks GM!

Hey, do you have a pic of the underside of the hood? I was wondering how it looks. Is the scoop directly above the latch, with the opening pointing directly into the stock airbox opening?
Old 09-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Launching!

No the Ultra Z hood is for the Camaro only.

I don't have any pics of the under side. The scoop is right above the latch. It does have baffles inside the scoop so crap from the road doesn't get sucked in. But besides that it is sealed on the sides and bottom and it's pretty much a straight shot into the inlet on the air box. I'm sure the larger inlet on the WS6 box (2 inches I believe) would be a good thing. I'm just concerned with hood clearance.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Launching!

I dont think the gains would be noticable....
Old 09-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Launching!

I'm not asking for opinions, just someone that has done it. Thanks anyway...
Old 09-20-2004, 11:37 AM
PR Director

I think I read before that someone with an ultra z hood who had the ws6 lower air box. Its been a while so can't remember exactly. I don't see why it wouldn't fit!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Thanks. I just did another search and found a user that did it, he said the fit was fine. I PM'd him but I don't know if he's still round since the post was from back in early 2003.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PitBull
I think I read before that someone with an ultra z hood who had the ws6 lower air box. Its been a while so can't remember exactly. I don't see why it wouldn't fit!
The WS6 lower air box will fit with no problems with the Ultra Z hood. I just put that lower air box on my car a few weeks back. It looks like it will help get more air compared to the stock lower box.

Quick Reply: WS6 Lower Air Box w/ SLP Ultra Z Hood