Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Anything on the next generation ford lighting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything on the next generation ford lighting...

Just wondering if anyone has come across anything. I searched but couldn't come up with any new info.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

K...I found some stuff.

The Lightning Concept features an aggressive new look wrapped around a 500-horsepower supercharged 5.4-liter V8, six-speed manual transmission and independent rear suspension. Advances built into the upcoming F-150, together with new SVT powertrain technology and SVT’s own brand of handling-oriented suspension and braking engineering, offer a level of performance aimed squarely at assuring Lightning’s market supremacy well into the future
I think it might take a bit for it to grow on me, just like the previous style lighting did, but I would consider buying this badboy in the next couple of years. I especially like how they are offering it with a 6 speed manual. They did not do that in the latest model lightning. I do, however, think the interior needs to be restyled. The interior of the current lightning is awesome and I love sitting in it. The 05/06 model does not look comfortable at all.
If anyone has any more info or pics, that'd be awesome
Old 09-19-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Did a quick photoshop on some different colors. I think the blue would look real good, especially if it had some better looking wheels on there and maybe some window tint.
Attached Thumbnails Anything on the next generation ford lighting...-blue.jpg   Anything on the next generation ford lighting...-red.jpg  
Old 09-19-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Hate to bust your bubble, but Ford stated that it will most likely be going with a 4 speed slushy for the production version of the Lightning since customers have been pretty satisfied with an automatic setup. Other than that i haven't heard too much that would differentiate the concept from the production version. However I wouldn't be suprised if the 6 speed becomes an option since the Ram SRT-10 packs one and the SSR will be available with one in for '05. Dodge also seems to be playing to both crowds as I heard the new Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab will only be available with a 4 speed slushbox while the regular cab model continues to be available exclusively with a 6 speed manual.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

See I figured they would most likely have a 6 speed in it basing on the fact like you said, the SRT 10 has a 6 speed manual. Also, didnt the first gen lighting come with a 5 speed?
Old 10-03-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome drivetrain! But, the exterior looks like

Last edited by Just Floor It; 10-04-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

I looks kinda ricey to me. Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive been readin on some other sites that they have halted 06 lightnin production indefinently. Suppousedly puttin the man power towards the cobra and were havin problems keep the lightning afforable with the new truck bein much heavier made it had to make it a very good handlin accelerating truck without bein way too expensive.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, it seems like the Lightning is a pretty good seller for Ford.

Quick Reply: Anything on the next generation ford lighting...