Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT then boom!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT then boom!

ok i have money and im ready for a cam! i want a cam that will give good performance but not somthing to wer it causes problems or like a horriable gas mileage.

im open for every suggestion.

I also need to know if it will need and certain programming after, b/c i heard that stacking a superchips tuner and anythine else is not wise.

and can anyone give me a MTI price on install or any local houston shop.(i live in magnolia)

oh yeah and maybe can yall thro some head and cam packages on here to, i will eventually want a new set of heads. thanks skeeter.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ws62001ta
ok i have money and im ready for a cam! i want a cam that will give good performance but not somthing to wer it causes problems or like a horriable gas mileage.

im open for every suggestion.

I also need to know if it will need and certain programming after, b/c i heard that stacking a superchips tuner and anythine else is not wise.

and can anyone give me a MTI price on install or any local houston shop.(i live in magnolia)

oh yeah and maybe can yall thro some head and cam packages on here to, i will eventually want a new set of heads. thanks skeeter.
call chris at speed demon he's really good. 281-866-7000. i got my stuff done there. nice guy! 222/230- 534/544 114+4 thats my cam. i wish i could tell ya the gas mileage but i cant keep my foot out of it LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

where are they located and about how much gain did u get from that cam, and what brand cam is it?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

where are they located and about how much gain did u get from that cam, and what brand cam is it?
Give me a call or email tomorrow. I can give you a killer deal on a heads and cam package installed and tuned with VERY little change in driving from stock and still make great power! If you want to go a little more radical, I have a few cams up my sleeve. We use Comp Cams and Patriot Gold dual valve springs on most of our packages.

It will be like getting a whole new car...
Old 10-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Launching!

the cam in my sig isn't horrible bad. i have an M6 so drivability isn't a pain at all. i get about 13-15mpg, but i like to drive pretty quick and have some fun with it all the time. it made 398rwhp and 375rwtq with the mods in my sig minus the ported TB and ASP pulley. so it probably would make a little above 400 now. i had it tuned also
Old 10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

ok i researched and with a new cam i seem to build a list up quick of all the nescities(cant spell), just checking but, i buy a cam, do i need to purchase a new timeing chain, also do i need to purchase new pushrods, also do i need new valve somthings? if all i need is a cam and somone to install plz let me know, i dont want to spend 1grand just for a comlete cam setup. and chris from speeddemon well for right now i wont be able to get that head yet but, plz let me know if i can get a cam deal and install and i need a bunch of question answerd since superchips sales guy was a moron and wouldnt answer me correctly. thanks skeeter
Old 10-06-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well you would for sure need: cam, springs, hardened pushrods. Many people also put in a new chain and ported ls6 oil pump. The oil pump prob. isn't necessary since you have an 01, but you have to pull it off to get to the chain. A self installed cam package usually amounts to around 1000 dollars. The extras add up fast!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Launching!

IF budget is a problem. Hold off on the Timing Chain and Oil Pump. Get the cam, hardened pushrods, new springs, single or double depends on the cam you get, and also probably need titanium retainers. Should be 800-1k. Then the install price I'm not sure of. Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I suggest calling Allan Futral at Futral Motorsports. His cams are making crazy power and drive like stock.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Launching!

are you a M6 or a A4? depending on what size cam you get, you may need tuning also. throw in another $500 give or take. i paid $2000 for everything including tax. the cam, dual valve springs, harden pushrods, titanium retainers, installation, tuning, dyno time, new spark plugs, oil, and tax
Old 10-06-2004, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Give HPE a call they have a new cam out called the "S" cam. It looks like a great cam.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

ok i researched and with a new cam i seem to build a list up quick of all the nescities(cant spell), just checking but, i buy a cam, do i need to purchase a new timeing chain, also do i need to purchase new pushrods, also do i need new valve somthings? if all i need is a cam and somone to install plz let me know, i dont want to spend 1grand just for a comlete cam setup. and chris from speeddemon well for right now i wont be able to get that head yet but, plz let me know if i can get a cam deal and install and i need a bunch of question answerd since superchips sales guy was a moron and wouldnt answer me correctly. thanks skeeter
Looks like Luv2speed handled the requirements perfectly, but the price was a little off. We are having a cam package sale right now in the sponsor section and the complete package including Dual springs, Titanium retainers, Custom Cam, Chromoly pushrods is $679.95!!!

Give me a ring and we will take care of you. I am going to drop you a PM as well.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CrazytrainWS6
are you a M6 or a A4? depending on what size cam you get, you may need tuning also. throw in another $500 give or take. i paid $2000 for everything including tax. the cam, dual valve springs, harden pushrods, titanium retainers, installation, tuning, dyno time, new spark plugs, oil, and tax
That seems pretty high for just cam and tune????
Old 10-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Next Phase
That seems pretty high for just cam and tune????
For 2k he got the cam installed, and dyno tuned. Kinda seems about right after taxes if you ask me.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, figure ~$1000 for parts and then $500 for install and $500 for a tune. I got my cam package for $700 but then i bought oil pump, timing chain, gasket kit, oil, coolant, and a valvespring tool so it ended up at a little over $1000.