PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Vehicle light?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Vehicle light?

Not the Service Engine light... what is this light for and what trips it. How do you check it also? Mines not on, but was just wondering.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

EFILive, Autotap or HPTuners should pull it. I once knew what triggered it but cant remember ATM
Old 10-06-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Used one of the programs above or auto zone will do it for free. This book that im learning how to tune out of says that if the light comes on it needs to be serviced soon. If it flashes, it is more severe and need to be serviced very soon. Not always the case when your modding though. Alot of things can trip it, most of them are emissions stuff.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Used one of the programs above or auto zone will do it for free. This book that im learning how to tune out of says that if the light comes on it needs to be serviced soon. If it flashes, it is more severe and need to be serviced very soon. Not always the case when your modding though. Alot of things can trip it, most of them are emissions stuff.
Emissions stuff with a Service Vehicle light? I know they'll trip the Service Engine light, but we have both lights.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick

SOunds like you are refering to the SES light as opposed to the SVS light
Old 10-07-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes you are correct. I got the two mixed up.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my SERVICE VEHICLE light went off this morning. i drove home to get atap. shut off car and started it again and light was off and no trouble codes were there. weird.
i am not referring to SES light. this light was to the right of the "1" on the tach. SERVICE VEHICLE.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

when I unplugged the abs system (the computer block) I get a SVS light. Not sure of everything that causes it but it usually chassis related issues.

For example, my fiancee's grand am lit up the SVS light when a daytime running light blew out. Once I replaced the bulb, the SVS went out. Most codescanners I've seen won't pull the svs codes