Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best polish/sealant/wax for pewter Z??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best polish/sealant/wax for pewter Z??

I totalled my 98 Z28 a couple of months ago and I found this sweet 01 Pewter Z28. I've already put some appearance mods on it and I'm wanting to take better care of this cars paint than I did the other one. I was wanting some advice on the what to use to keep the paint looking like new. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Assuming there are very minor to no swirls...

POLISH

or

The Klasse Twins work awesome.

And for the Wax

Lots of good reading and learning on that site too..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

There is no best. Best is a subjective term of the user. Your final result will only be as good as your prep work. It's the key to depth and shine. http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=28

Sealants provide a brighter shine with better durability. Carnauba waxes provide a deeper, wetter glow but won't last as long.

Klasse, Wolfgang, Poorboys, Zaino, etc. are good sealants. S100, #16, Pinnacle Souveran, Natty's, etc. are good carnaubas.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:17 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I use the Wax Shop on my pewter metallic 'bird.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1DER
I totalled my 98 Z28 a couple of months ago and I found this sweet 01 Pewter Z28. I've already put some appearance mods on it and I'm wanting to take better care of this cars paint than I did the other one. I was wanting some advice on the what to use to keep the paint looking like new. Thanks for the help.
whats up man. have some info for making your ride shine. first give it a very good wash. use a high foam type of soap just for cars. after the wash go and get some of detailers over spray clay (its green and looks like a bar ) make sure you get the green one. evan if you don't have over spray use this before you wax and seal car. i am a professional detailer for general motors so trust me on this. ok now spray final inspection on the hood. do half at a time. make sure its an evan amount so the hood is very wet. next take your clay and work it in circles over the finale inspection. this will remove any surface dirt that the wash did not. when you are finahed with one side of the hood dry it off and feel the difference. do the whole car like that. but remember to the lower parts last thats where you should remove the most dirt. also check your clay alot for dirt fold clay over itself to keep it clean. once you are donw with that apply meguiars glaze by hand using a round wax applicator. again circles only and one section at a time. follow instruction on back do what they say. when that step is done go over the car with now their yellow wax number 34 i think thats the number. just look for the yellow wax. apply same way and follow instructions. the yellow wax will leave your car protected and smoothe. a tip try to clean windows first because the chemicals in window cleaners will break down wax evan if a light mist hits paint. this is alot easier than it sounds. the key is the clay. that will make the difference. i do alot of shows and the judges feel the paint ansd they are amazed but what the feel and see. good luck and remember all products are meguiars don't ever mix and match waxes or sealants. pick one stay with one. best of luck and happy waxing. ohhhhhhhhhhh wax on wax off
Old 10-09-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrath22
whats up man. have some info for making your ride shine. first give it a very good wash. use a high foam type of soap just for cars. after the wash go and get some of detailers over spray clay (its green and looks like a bar ) make sure you get the green one. evan if you don't have over spray use this before you wax and seal car. i am a professional detailer for general motors so trust me on this. ok now spray final inspection on the hood. do half at a time. make sure its an evan amount so the hood is very wet. next take your clay and work it in circles over the finale inspection. this will remove any surface dirt that the wash did not. when you are finahed with one side of the hood dry it off and feel the difference. do the whole car like that. but remember to the lower parts last thats where you should remove the most dirt. also check your clay alot for dirt fold clay over itself to keep it clean. once you are donw with that apply meguiars glaze by hand using a round wax applicator. again circles only and one section at a time. follow instruction on back do what they say. when that step is done go over the car with now their yellow wax number 34 i think thats the number. just look for the yellow wax. apply same way and follow instructions. the yellow wax will leave your car protected and smoothe. a tip try to clean windows first because the chemicals in window cleaners will break down wax evan if a light mist hits paint. this is alot easier than it sounds. the key is the clay. that will make the difference. i do alot of shows and the judges feel the paint ansd they are amazed but what the feel and see. good luck and remember all products are meguiars don't ever mix and match waxes or sealants. pick one stay with one. best of luck and happy waxing. ohhhhhhhhhhh wax on wax off
Not that this is a debate but thats the worst advice ive ever heard. Well i guess if you were a professional detailer you would know that the meguairs yellow wax is number 26 not 34. You do shows w/clay & wax & these judges seem to be impressed w/that, i guess. Filling in the swirls works wonders for professional detailers doesnt it. Also dont mix and match products well that just goes to see how much you know. I guess you car looks like this in the sun scratches

Read the info Zane linked for you and you'll be fine also i wouldnt work clay in circles. Thats a dumb idea too.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

dude first of all. i'm, trying to help the guy. the information i told him was correct. you don't get hired by g.m. unless you know your stuff. the number wax.....if i got that wrong well excuse me. the names wrath not jesus. clay will clean the surface of the paint the best. and don't mix either. you wouldn't paint half of your car with g.m. red and the rest ford red would you. my car is as custom paint which is artic white with jet black racing stripes. the thing is flawless. when you grab 1st at the world of wheels for best paint/exterior. you let me know. the advice i gave him was a quick solution for his problem. if you use enough finale inspection you will not scratch the surface at all. i might have said use clay in circles. the best is in one direction. but the way you clean cars is your buisness but don't assume what my car look like. when the ground effects are on next week i will take pictures than lets hear what you have to say.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Launching!

First off thanks for everybodys input! But I was wondering, I've used clay before and have been happy with the way the clay works( i used meguiars quik clay) but why should you only use it in one direction? when i clayed i used swirls and back and forth motions. some background. I've been using just meguiars gold class liquid wax by itself whenever i waxed. the last time was the first time i ever used the clay bar. As i'm learning thats not enough to keep my paint looking as good as i want. also wrath22 whenever you get those pics I'd like to see some.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrath22
dude first of all. i'm, trying to help the guy. the information i told him was correct. you don't get hired by g.m. unless you know your stuff. the number wax.....if i got that wrong well excuse me. the names wrath not jesus. clay will clean the surface of the paint the best. and don't mix either. you wouldn't paint half of your car with g.m. red and the rest ford red would you. my car is as custom paint which is artic white with jet black racing stripes. the thing is flawless. when you grab 1st at the world of wheels for best paint/exterior. you let me know. the advice i gave him was a quick solution for his problem. if you use enough finale inspection you will not scratch the surface at all. i might have said use clay in circles. the best is in one direction. but the way you clean cars is your buisness but don't assume what my car look like. when the ground effects are on next week i will take pictures than lets hear what you have to say.

i dont clean cars as a primary source of income FWI. I would understand if your car's a custom paint job even then you take care of it by detailing it w/clay & wax I would assume you would take better care of it since its a show winning car. Ill look foward to the pics.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

6]9[ or whatever you call yourself......your a complete **** cavity. wrath22 gave some very good basic advice.Also, most detailers stick with one brand, whatever it may be. Now why dont you go back to waxing your carrot. Nitwit.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Racrx - where's your helpful comments? If you don't have one, stay out of the thread.

There is absolutely no reason to stay with one line of products. I don't know any professional detailers that use only one product line.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by racrx
6]9[ or whatever you call yourself......your a complete **** cavity. wrath22 gave some very good basic advice.Also, most detailers stick with one brand, whatever it may be. Now why dont you go back to waxing your carrot. Nitwit.
Yeah and most detailers are ****, any way the very good and basic advice was given above. I dont know of many detailers that stick w/one brand but im sure theyre out there. well then Live and Learn........................ nitwit its been a long time since i heard that one
Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

well lets not make an arugement about this we are all here to help each other out. i take my work very serious. and i hate when people assume things. i will get those pics as soon as possible. pics don't lie. after those pics are posted if i can figure out how to do it. feel free to let opinions fly. i can take it......................maybe

racrx everyone cleans cars a different way i have seen one shop use dish soap. so that should tell you something. but ty for the support man
Old 10-11-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF BABIES! WAAAAAHHHHHHHH! GO CRY HOME TO MOMMY. Seriously, can't anyone post opinions without 10 other people jumping down his throat? This is so juvenile. State your opinions like grown-ups. I'm willing to try anything, as long as it is convenient and available. I tried Zaino, because I heard it was the ****. I tried it and fell in love, but that's not going to stop me from trying others. I just want to get back to the good ole US so I can get the other products as easily as you all!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Teching In

ZAINO found at www.zainobros.com THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPNNH
Aww hell maing, you dunn did it naw!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Best under what circumstances? According to what?

Newbies are funny
Old 10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

The un-civil crap sucks, but I gotta laugh at this post

Quick Reply: Best polish/sealant/wax for pewter Z??