Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp true duals and jet hot headers pics..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsp true duals and jet hot headers pics..

Well got the dual in the other day, sanded them down and painted them with 3 coats of 1200 degree paint, looks great.. I got everything put in last night but having some clearence problems, but my car is lowered an inch or so, and I still have to tweak it a little bit. If your car is lowered and your putting these on ditch the u clamps and use all band clamps like the ones they send you for the headers, better clearence. Or just get them welded. But, it sounds awesome. When your cruising at like 40, 50, 60, 70 it's actually very quiet.. More quiet than my cut out was on stock manifolds. wot and idle are awesome well here is the pic. I'll try and get some on here of them installed tomorrow.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreams...&.dnm=adf7.jpg
Old 10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Launching!

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Thats whats it tell me when I try to to see the pics
Old 10-17-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KimberWS6
The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Thats whats it tell me when I try to to see the pics
yup, same here
Old 10-17-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Default sorry

Ok I fixed it, sorry about that.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

That looks awesome!! Where did you get the paint from? I want to paint the rest of my exhaust, but in silver/grey.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Default autozone

Got it at auto zone. Duplicolor 1200 degree engine paint. Make sure you get the 1200 degree and not the engine enamel that is only 500 degree, but you should be able to tell one says 1200 and the other says 500. Make sure the closer you get to the headers the more coats you use.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DreamState23x
Got it at auto zone. Duplicolor 1200 degree engine paint. Make sure you get the 1200 degree and not the engine enamel that is only 500 degree, but you should be able to tell one says 1200 and the other says 500. Make sure the closer you get to the headers the more coats you use.
He'll definitely know the difference in two.. the 1200 degree paint costs like $2-3 more.

Very nice job on the painting... can you get some pics of the exhaust installed. I'd like to see what it looks like on a lowered car.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Default today

Im going to try and get them up this afternoon, keep in mind that I still have to do some tweaking so they tuck up a little more but they are low.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, really nice paint job. What did you use to sand them down with?
Old 10-18-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Default sand

Well I started by hand and said screw that, I used a black and decker sheet sander, wasn't sure it was going to work since it's made to sand flat surfaces, but worked perfectly. I just used 80grit to start with then went to 220grit then washed them and dryed em, then painted.

Just got back from the exhaust shop, it cost me $70.00 for 5 of those band clamps, I didn't think they would be that much but they will help with the clearence a lot. After everything cools imgoing to tweak it a little more and install the new clamps, sorry probrably won't get the pics up today but definitly tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Well I started by hand and said screw that, I used a black and decker sheet sander, wasn't sure it was going to work since it's made to sand flat surfaces, but worked perfectly. I just used 80grit to start with then went to 220grit then washed them and dryed em, then painted.

Just got back from the exhaust shop, it cost me $70.00 for 5 of those band clamps, I didn't think they would be that much but they will help with the clearence a lot. After everything cools imgoing to tweak it a little more and install the new clamps, sorry probrably won't get the pics up today but definitly tomorrow.
Dude, you got raped on those band clamps.. Why didn't you just go to Napa or Checkers or something.. You could have saved $20-$25.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Default pics

Ok, pics are in, did some more tweaking last night and installed the new clamps. The band clamps are so much better, if your order a dual system and your car is lowered tell them to send you all band clamps and no u clamps, and I looked at NAPA AutoZone Pepboys and even walmart no one had them. Anyways it is sitting higher now and I drove it today just like I always have and no scrapping or anything today, and we have some messed up roads and entrances to stores here( but I do drive really slow over stuff like that anyway). In the photos the drive way is at a slight incline(maybe 1 or 2% grade)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreams...&.dnm=bae6.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreams...&.dnm=4d15.jpg
Old 10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good, but DAMN that's low...

Ok, pics are in, did some more tweaking last night and installed the new clamps. The band clamps are so much better, if your order a dual system and your car is lowered tell them to send you all band clamps and no u clamps, and I looked at NAPA AutoZone Pepboys and even walmart no one had them. Anyways it is sitting higher now and I drove it today just like I always have and no scrapping or anything today, and we have some messed up roads and entrances to stores here( but I do drive really slow over stuff like that anyway). In the photos the drive way is at a slight incline(maybe 1 or 2% grade)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreams...&.dnm=bae6.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreams...&.dnm=4d15.jpg
Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Can you take a low side view picture of your car?

My car is lowered as well and I am installing my tsp duals next week. How much can you raise the bullets without contacting the under side of the car?

Did you weld the hangers?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Default low side

Originally Posted by shep28
Can you take a low side view picture of your car?

My car is lowered as well and I am installing my tsp duals next week. How much can you raise the bullets without contacting the under side of the car?

Did you weld the hangers?

What do you mean, a low side view? Putting all the pipes together right takes a few tries to get the x to angle just right so you can raise the mufflers. I put a floor jack under the mufflers(raised one at a times but with both of them on) the x hits the cross brace but I raised it even more and it bends the cross brace up just a little but not much. (hint, when you raise the mufflers keep everthing unclamped except the first pipe on the left and right side that attach to the headers, that way it can adjust itself as you raise the mufflers. No I did not weld the brackets, I drilled holes and used the bolts from the old muffler brackets. Like I said putting the pipes together in just the right way is the trick, a couple of them arn't slid into each other as far as they can go, I had to back them off a little to get it right, it's all trial and error. If you have any questions while your putting it together just post them on here and I will help out the best I can, or if you need something in more detail I can always send you my #, I should be around most of the weekend if im not working. It's hard work but man is it worth it.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Cool, I will email you when the my new headers come in. I swapped mine for pace setters. Old ones did not tuck up enough.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

how much have you lowered your car Dreamstate?
Old 10-20-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nicely done
Old 10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

Default lower

When I bought the car it already had eibach pro springs which are supposed to lower it an inch, so I would say 1 to 1.5 inches. About the headers, man I was surprised with the way these jet hots tuck up, very very nice I love these things and the install on the headers was a breeze, 20 minutes for the passenger side and about 45 for the driver side, since I had to grind the k member down in about a 1 inch area very slightly, probrably 2 or 3cm.