Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have a T/A and wanting True Duals, come in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have a T/A and wanting True Duals, come in...

Okay, yes, I am a camaro owner, but unfortunately a trooper got me and I have to send my duals out the back. Now most people have been complaining about having to go to 2 1/2 piping. Well, just so you know, if you make your set-up with sweet thunders, it is easier to fab up 3" all the way. I bought my panhard bar and a panhard bar reclocation kit, and I know I can fit true duals over the axle with 3" piping.
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-body...tm#panhardrods
You can get it there. I will have pictures of the whole set-up a week from today, at latest Wednesday. I just thought this would be helpful. It seems true duals have gone way up in popularity so I wanted to make it look better on the trans ams. Also, for those of you in California and Texas, it is illegal to dump your exahust. It must go all the way out back. Avoid a ticket and keep true duals this way.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen that before and will propably get it down the road but, why in the picture it only shows a single pipe going over the axle when it says you can do dual over the axle. Honestly i would like to see the relocation kit and duals over the axle just to confirm the clearance.. Know what i mean?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
I have seen that before and will propably get it down the road but, why in the picture it only shows a single pipe going over the axle when it says you can do dual over the axle. Honestly i would like to see the relocation kit and duals over the axle just to confirm the clearance.. Know what i mean?
I understand, but like I said, I will post my pictures on Wednesday. I'm turning my car into Speed Demon to get it done on monday, so everyone will have to wait.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Are you going 3" over the axle? Would like to see how much room that relocation would give you.. I was thinking of getting the TSP duals and just adding on over the axle,..Update us with the pics when you get it done.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

made my own phb and support bracket way more room than the bmr setup.. making my own true duals out of 2--- z-28 stock exhaust now 2 1/2" over axle out the backand all mandrel stainless!! so far the bracket cost me 40.00 material and 2.5 hrs labor (i'm dragging *** i know) the z28 catbacks have set me back 230.00 so far -with --2magnaflows and x-pipe--- probably will take some time to cut and weld as i am always busy running 2 buisnesses.. but at least this is relaxing.. will try to get pics whenever i get it all fabbed up...
Old 10-27-2004, 08:29 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that relocation kit, but I'm still gonna stay with 2.5" piping out the rear for ground clearance (mine is lowered).
Old 10-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Keep us posted, especially with the pics! I just installed my panhard relocation kit in preparation for true duals this winter and I'd really like to see how everything turns out for you. What are you planning on doing with the brake lines and electrical connections above the axle on the driver's side? This seemed to be a slight complication when I was looking at it.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cm02WS6
Keep us posted, especially with the pics! I just installed my panhard relocation kit in preparation for true duals this winter and I'd really like to see how everything turns out for you. What are you planning on doing with the brake lines and electrical connections above the axle on the driver's side? This seemed to be a slight complication when I was looking at it.
Speed Demon is take care of all of it. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always wondered about that thing, can't wait to see the pics.
Edit: that sux about your ticket...(crosses fingers ).
Old 10-27-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

yep its illegal, has to exit beyond the passanger compartment. side exits would be legal, just kill your ground clearance. won't stop me from doing it, just have the car shut off as soon as i get pulled over. i usually get pulled over at nite so i doubt they'll check. running around down here with nitrous isn't illegal tho
Old 10-27-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00bluehawk#111
made my own phb and support bracket way more room than the bmr setup.. making my own true duals out of 2--- z-28 stock exhaust now 2 1/2" over axle out the backand all mandrel stainless!! so far the bracket cost me 40.00 material and 2.5 hrs labor (i'm dragging *** i know) the z28 catbacks have set me back 230.00 so far -with --2magnaflows and x-pipe--- probably will take some time to cut and weld as i am always busy running 2 buisnesses.. but at least this is relaxing.. will try to get pics whenever i get it all fabbed up...

Wanna make me a bracket? LOL. I was thinking about getting the BMR kit but I believe it is for two 3" pipe over the PASSENGER side, thus the lower bump and extra bracket on that side. I hope it drops the Drivers a little but I guess we will see in a week. Please pay attention to what your Fabricator/Shop does with the electrical controls and brake lines. I need to know this for when I do it. Don't forget lots of pics and videos, please. Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Wanna make me a bracket? LOL. I was thinking about getting the BMR kit but I believe it is for two 3" pipe over the PASSENGER side, thus the lower bump and extra bracket on that side. I hope it drops the Drivers a little but I guess we will see in a week. Please pay attention to what your Fabricator/Shop does with the electrical controls and brake lines. I need to know this for when I do it. Don't forget lots of pics and videos, please. Good Luck!
no i would need your car but it was easy, the way i made it you could run the duale over both sides or both over the passenger (wich i did because of the sfc and being lowered) thanks to cammin beast with helping me out on the z28 exhausts i used 3 of them (just the pipes from the y to the muffler) btw i have 3 sets of z28 tips for sale now lol.. i finished the fabbing today except for the tips and fired it up HOLY **** that thing sounds awsome screw the y pipe sissy thing this is definatly the way to go. fwiw i have about 235.00 in materials in the true duals. plus my time about 7.5 hrs it would go alot faster on a lift and not broken up into 3 nights i will post pics asap i'll see if cammin can take some pics on a lift.. so ya'll can see how i did it the sound will scare ricers for miles LOL later all, jeff
Old 10-28-2004, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Jeff,

Looking forward to your pics. My motor and tranny are currently out and I want go duals over the axle as well, I'm lowered 1.5". I need something to work on while I'm waiting on the rest of the car but need a visual. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely would like to see pics, true duals is the next big project.....