Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come On Can't you make any decisions???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Come On Can't you make any decisions???

Come on Jeremy (BlackBeasst) Four on the same page why not use one post? I mean **** can't you do a search and find all this info? I don't mean to pick on you, but I can't for the life of me see why you need to have everyone's opinion cause that is what it is they can't promise you that nothing is going to break just because you asked every one. Can't you trust Thunder I believe you can as it's there cam and they have installed them etc. I am just looking at the page and I know there is no limit to the number of post so I am just wanting you to think about it before you ask ten different questions about the same subject. Good luck with the cam.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shwew... I previewed the thread and saw Jeremy and was like
Old 11-02-2004, 09:13 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yeah I am not tring to hate on him but I do get tired of seeing him post a million post about what should I do etc. I thought that was the point of racing so you could say hey look what I came up with or look what I did not look what you guys did for me. That is just a bit off but you get what I mean. He should just drop it off at a shop and pick it up. That is just about the extent of his knowledge. I know we are all trying to learn here but I dont think he is getting A's or even B's in these classes. Jeremy just wants you to tell him how to make his car fast and what parts to use and which parts are the best. I just don't see the point he con do just like everybody else and give a certain combo a try and then change it upi later according to his findings. His defence will be that he doesn't have a lot of money and I go to school etc... I know a ton of people doing the same thing and they aren't having any problems moding there cars etc. But I will tell you he has more money in his car than I do so when he want something he gets it and that doesn't sound like money problems to me etc.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's annoying, but I understand.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:36 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, no ****.

now you know how i feel.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrp
lol, no ****.

now you know how i feel.

and they call us search *****. there's a reason the button is there. some people just need to learn how to use it. also....just cuz one setup worked great for person A, doesn't mean it will be right for person B. thats why there are so many freakin options out there.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:19 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

That is what I am tring to get across and he just doesn't want to learn it seems. I am not a search **** , but I could become one real fast.LOL!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

While I agree with you guys (hell, I get calls all the time from people who don't want to take the time to look it up - it is easier to call me), you guys need to keep in mind that the search engine here is not very good. I have a difficult time finding things since there is no "and" or "not". It appears that the only thing this engine does is "or", unless you quote a string and then it has to be exact. There used to be a post that said using foo +bar would only return hits that included "bar", but the engine throws up on me when I try to use that syntax.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point, but obviously limited to what version of 'vbulletin' you use. I've heard they are working on a new better search engine ( hopefully 11:1 compression lol! ).
Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

So it takes some level of intelligence and a little effort to use the Search engine effectively. I would hope people meet those requirements before tearing apart their motor. Its not THAT difficult to use. Granted its a little narrow, but that also brings back better results if you know what to look for.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
So it takes some level of intelligence and a little effort to use the Search engine effectively. I would hope people meet those requirements before tearing apart their motor. Its not THAT difficult to use. Granted its a little narrow, but that also brings back better results if you know what to look for.
Ok, so how about blessing us with a bit of your expertise? How about telling us what to look for to overcome it's "narrowness"? For example, a day or two ago I needed some quick head flow numbers. I know several have been posted here. How would you go about finding that? What is the false positive to hit ratio for your search?

It isn't difficult to use. It is difficult to get decent results when using it. If you can't narrow it down, you run out of depth before you find anything. I have tried searches that ran out of depth without going back more than a couple months. And you can't narrow it down since the engine only understands "or". Adding terms increases the number of false hits.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

To be honest...he might need to re-evaluate his selection on cams. If you want the car to remain perfect quit while youre ahead, dont even bother with a cam swap.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

I haven't read all of his threads... but I don't see the point of making ANOTHER useless thread just to complain about someone else's threads. It's not going to solve anything, just makes this section a little more cluttered. If you have an issue with him, PM him instead of telling the whole board, comprised of many people who didnt even notice (such as myself) that he had multiple threads. Besides, isn't the forum meant to be a place for questions to be asked? Even if they have been asked before and you remember that exact thread 11 months and 19 days ago that had the answer, you can't expect everyone to search for the exact right words to find that one thread. I realize that there are many threads that have been already answered on numerous occasions, but creating another thread to tell everyone about one person's wrongdoing, if you can even call it that, is pathetic and unessesary...

Can't we all just get along?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

critter, do you know how search engines work? the search engine is looking for single words unless they are in parenthesis. so you can put /tic tac toe/ in there, and it will search for "tic" "tac" and "toe" all seperately. unless you put them in quotes, then it becomes a specific phrase and it must be matched exactly. for those who want a broad search, use fewer terms. you can also do an advanced search and specify time frames you like the search engine to pull up, as well as where in the thread(or post) you'd like it to look at for the key terms, et cetera. we've all seen the search page.

if you're searching for something ultra specific, but do not recall any certain threads it was in(where you could put in a specific phrase that was in the thread, which would make the search VERY narrow indeed) then you might encounter an issue.

i agree with ya, this search tool is not the best around. but its not the freakin quagmire that people claim it to be. sometimes it just takes a few tries and an attentive eye for details to get the most out of it. but isn't that the case with most things?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:52 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Ferocity02- I have talked with him not about this specific time, but this is not his first time do a seach on all his post and you will see what I am talking about. I know Jeremy and so I can say without any problem that he is not the most mechanicly inclined person and he has the right to post all these threads as I stated in the original post. I am just wanting him to consoliditate them not to quit asking questions! Besides I know that would never happen he is a friggin question machine. LOL! I was not trying to tell every one about his posting issues I was just venting a little and hoping he would read it while casually surfing the board and think a little more before asking 20 questions that could have been answerd in one or two posts etc. If i wanted to I could have put him name in the title etc. I was just frustrated with all his "what's the best what do I need to do" crap! If you knew him personally you would understand.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
critter, do you know how search engines work?
Matter of fact, I do. In fact, I've written them.
the search engine is looking for single words unless they are in parenthesis. so you can put /tic tac toe/ in there, and it will search for "tic" "tac" and "toe" all seperately. unless you put them in quotes, then it becomes a specific phrase and it must be matched exactly.
Which is exactly what I said - the only thing the engine understands is the logical or of the words used unless quoted, it which case it looks for that exact phrase.
for those who want a broad search, use fewer terms. you can also do an advanced search and specify time frames you like the search engine to pull up, as well as where in the thread(or post) you'd like it to look at for the key terms, et cetera. we've all seen the search page.

if you're searching for something ultra specific, but do not recall any certain threads it was in(where you could put in a specific phrase that was in the thread, which would make the search VERY narrow indeed) then you might encounter an issue.
Obvious and not helpful.
i agree with ya, this search tool is not the best around. but its not the freakin quagmire that people claim it to be.
LOL! I didn't call it a quagmire - I just claim it is not very useful.
sometimes it just takes a few tries and an attentive eye for details to get the most out of it. but isn't that the case with most things?
It takes more than that unless your search is trivial. There are better search engines out there and it isn't that hard to write one that is better. Apparently the guys who write VBulletin don't see the need for a good engine. They claim that VBulletin has "a powerful search engine".
Old 11-05-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Search all posts by user="JRP" eccluding words="use the frickin search button"
Results: 0

Just kidding man. Go crack some skulls. Non searchers = No talent *** clowns.

-T

Last edited by GuitsBoy; 11-05-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Teching In

why dont you give him a PM instead of posting about him in public..........

kinda messed up if you ask me
Old 11-05-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hard Jonny
why dont you give him a PM instead of posting about him in public..........

kinda messed up if you ask me
No, no, no... you took it the wrong way.
Im editing that post again so it makes more sense... Im just busting his chops. I agree with him, that they should use the friggin search button.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
No, no, no... you took it the wrong way.
Im editing that post again so it makes more sense... Im just busting his chops. I agree with him, that they should use the friggin search button.
no im talking about BlackBeasst not jrp. Why dont you just PM him?