Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals(idea)What you think???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Question True duals(idea)What you think???

In the last couple of month i just thinking wich way to go with my car to begin the investment.Well now i choose my way!!!My goal is mid 10s with an street car.I have the parts that are in my sign and a few parts sitted @ my home like Nx Maf Kit,12 bolt KTRE with 4.11 gears,28x10.5 15 M/T slicks,SLP line lock.
Tomorrow i going to order the Magic stick V3 with matching valve train and front skinnies.I going to use HPtunner.

Now here is the thing.I do search many time to find a true dual that sounds less for the street.I both a magnaflow x from a member here and is so hard to deside wish mufflers to use.So what think is using the carchemistry inserts 3" into the hedder collector them 3" tubing true a dynomax bullets.
http://www.carchemistry.com/ccinserts.html
Anyone did that before?If so,wish was the results?I want to make a quality exhaust sist. that give me both low Db sound and excellent flow!!!

I want to see what you guys with true dual think!!!!Thanks a lot.

Last edited by fastsspr; 11-11-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Please let me know your opinion!!!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had planned on running collector inserts with no exhaust but after searcing around and talking to alot of people, here's what I came up with. They really don;t quiet the car down at all, they just take the edge off that sharp raspy noise. Secondly, everyone that mentioned the car chemistry inserts said that they cost them alot of ET unlike what CC says in there adds.

Do a search for true dual mufflers. I've heard a few set ups that are not real loud and still sound good. I can't remember what mufflers they used (might have been Spintechs). Also, when you build your exhaust try to make it so you can easily slide it off at the track. My car runs alot quicker with open headers vs the true duals.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man i apresiate so much that info!!!I so the cc insert in summit and just came with idea but now i see that i have doble check on wish set up use.Thanks a lot man.By the way wish mufflers you use in your car?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

I used 12" Dynomax bullets. The car is pretty damn loud esspecially on the bottle. Last week I did a quick nitrous run from 50-130mph on the highway and I was coming over a hill on decel and a cop was sitting there waiting for me. He said he could hear me even before I really got on it. He said it sounded good though and let me off with a verbal warning (78mph in a 50mph zone).
Old 11-13-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone put these in their y pipe setup a while ago to kill the rasp and from what I remember they lost a lot of power.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

get mufflers with baffles....and if you want try to run cats...i mean thats the only way i can think of it
Old 11-13-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have true duals (dumps) now and soon Ill be changing to out the back. Its alot quieter and you still get excellent flow
Old 11-13-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

So that mean that the cc inserts kill power??My big consern is the space and ground clearance with conventional muffler...Wich brand of bullets make less noise with out killing HP??
Old 11-14-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fastsspr
So that mean that the cc inserts kill power??
Yes

I remember a few years ago when it became popular to put these on or something similar. From what I can remember everyone lost power. Kind of obvious since it looks very restritctive.

It was pretty funny to read all the complaints. People talk so bad about one or two small kinks in a pipe then put something like that in there headers.