Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!! neglected wheels may be ruined

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! neglected wheels may be ruined

Hey everyone, id hate to say it but over the last couple of months ive been so busy that i havent properly cleaned my car in a long while, not my stock rims are not coming clean from what i guess is brake dust, they are the stock rims for the 99 t/a's not the polished alum. or chrome just the plain jane five spokes but they're all i got right now and they actually look pretty good when clean, so my question is, does anyone now a good product or maybe your own special concoction to get these things clean, any help would be more than appreciate im in dire need here as i cant afford new rims right now and looking at baby with dirty shoes makes me feel sick,,haha thanks alot
Old 11-19-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

I use the Castrol cleaner it comes in a purple bottle and has a bit moore then the rest for a good price. Eagle 1 all rim cleaner is good too. For the most part blast the hell out of them with that and start scrubbing. Get way back there too and get out as much as possible and then rinse the whole thing clean with a pressure washer. Granted these aren't high end cleaners and there are better products out there but it will get the job done. Besides, like you said they aren't great and you do want to upgrade so it's OK. After all that you may also want to take them off and clean the inner rim with a rubbing/polishing compound to get them back to factory. Let this be a lesson learned. May also want to get the whitewall cleaner while you are there, all that brake dust doesn't just stay in the rim. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Great advice, i'll try that thanks alot
Old 11-19-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

yeah def take them off the car and do the backsides ,the EO A2Z is pretty good, there is stronger stuff for pro's though,if you can use some warm water when you rinse it helps....put some wax or sealant on them they'll be easier to keep clean.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:21 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If you use the Castrol Super Clean, Greased Lightning, or any similar product be very careful not to get any over spray or splatters on the paint. If I were you, I'd spend the extra cash and get a product specifically made for cleaning the wheels.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Use the clay bar for painted rims. It will get most of that off. Use your other products before hand however. Then wax afterward.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:41 AM
FormerVendor

shoot! I wish that was my only problem, I got those damn curb rashes..If only there was a way to fix em!!
Old 11-21-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Eagle One A2Z, Poorboy's Wheel Cleaner (http://poorboysworld.com/spray-rinse.htm), or Top of the Line Wheel Wash (http://topoftheline.com/32ozwheeltir.html).

Quick Reply: Help!!! neglected wheels may be ruined