Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet-Hot header problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jet-Hot header problems

Anyone have any problems with Jet-Hot headers air tubes snapping off and leaving a nasty nickel sized hole. I'm also not to happy about the amount of rust on them, I thought this stuff would last
Old 11-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Did you have them coated or did you buy a set of headers that were coated from somewhere?
Old 11-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Launching!

No, these are Jet-Hot brand headers bought directly from Jet-Hot
Old 11-27-2004, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

mine rusted after a few months... i sold them and got QTP's stainless steel.. never been happier!
Old 11-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Durien
mine rusted after a few months... i sold them and got QTP's stainless steel.. never been happier!
Yeah, I will switch to something else if can't get some resolution to the problem
Old 11-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Launching!

been looking at the stainless works lt's
Old 11-27-2004, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

I have had my Jet-Hots for a year, no rust at all, they still look new! I guess I was lucky, and my buddy has a pair also and his are 1.5 years old and his look as good as mine, we both have the race style so there is no emmisions stuff on them. Sorry to hear about your experence with them, I would be pissed to if mine turned out like that too. I thought there was a warranty on the headers? I may be wrong though.

Dan
Old 11-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ONGRNGO
I have had my Jet-Hots for a year, no rust at all, they still look new! I guess I was lucky, and my buddy has a pair also and his are 1.5 years old and his look as good as mine, we both have the race style so there is no emmisions stuff on them. Sorry to hear about your experence with them, I would be pissed to if mine turned out like that too. I thought there was a warranty on the headers? I may be wrong though.

Dan
Yeah, I believe there is a warranty on the workmanship. I would have bought the hooker headers but I have heard of the exact same problem with the hookers and these were supposed to be thicker material with better construction. I will give them a chance to make it right before I get to upset about it. It is just going to suck to have to take these things off and have my car down for a while.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had mine on for almost 2 years and no issues. I wouldnt say they look brand new but they dont look bad either. They do get really hot.