Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best mod i've done so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best mod i've done so far

I finally got my projector HID's on. I drive where there's tons of deer and no street lights so I used to hate driving at night but now I look forward to it. Yesterday one of my connections came loose cause of a bad crimp on one of the connectors so I was only running on 1 headlight, and it was still brighter than my old headlights. From an enjoyment/dollar ratio, this is probably the best mod i've done so far. I'll post up pics if i can get ahold of a digital camera.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

where'd you get them? What was the price on them if you dont mind me asking? Lot of modifications to get them in there? Did they come complete with ballasts and all?

Good to hear you are enjoying them! can't wait to see pics!!

Tim
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

I got them from skytower31 on this board. It was like 700 for the ballasts, low beam projectors, high beam projectors, bulbs, wiring harness and hardware. You could probably do just the lowbeams yourself for less than 500. The install involved removing the old lights, drilling 3 holes on each side and grinding down some metal with a dremel, routing the wire, and aiming the setup. If you do it yourself you have to do a little more fabrication to convert the projectors to accept an HID bulb. Here is his website http://firehawk.jonbroomfield.com/hidinfo/. If you want to see the instructions that came with the setup let me know and i can email them to you.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say I understand you reasoning, but I'm glad you're happy with the Headlights.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Thats a lot of money but I bet they look damn good.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAndy
I can't say I understand you reasoning, but I'm glad you're happy with the Headlights.
Let's just say I've had several close calls with deer in the last few months. These lights cost a little more than the deductible on my insurance.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Launching!

hahaha dude those look funny lookin
Old 12-07-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like how white the light is, but a bit iffy about the price
Old 12-07-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by P Mack
Let's just say I've had several close calls with deer in the last few months. These lights cost a little more than the deductible on my insurance.
thats a whole lotta money, but i can relate. i hit a damn cow that somehow wiggled thru a fence in my 81 trans am driving from the farm to town one night.

i like the way they look. if somebody were to make that a digit cheaper i'd buy it in a second.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

damn a cow! I bet that messed up the car pretty good.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by P Mack
I got them from skytower31 on this board. It was like 700 for the ballasts, low beam projectors, high beam projectors, bulbs, wiring harness and hardware. You could probably do just the lowbeams yourself for less than 500. The install involved removing the old lights, drilling 3 holes on each side and grinding down some metal with a dremel, routing the wire, and aiming the setup. If you do it yourself you have to do a little more fabrication to convert the projectors to accept an HID bulb. Here is his website http://firehawk.jonbroomfield.com/hidinfo/. If you want to see the instructions that came with the setup let me know and i can email them to you.
By the looks of the pic in the instructions I'd say do both high and low beam.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

I also have xenons and I love them. I went with stage 2 bulbs, low beams only..they are very bright, look very cool, and I get tons of people asking me about them and complimenting them.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I assume the lights you are talking about are the round ones? The light they put out is probably great but im not sure if i like the looks of them. They look like they might fit where your fog lights go. Did you think about putting them there? That would look better imo. Im glad your happy with them. Good luck with the deer.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
damn a cow! I bet that messed up the car pretty good.
not really that bad considering... i managed to get the car slowed down to around 40 before i hit the damn thing. busted up all the paint on the nose and broke some headlight assemblies and pushed the hood and fenders back a little. and the cow took a big ol crap on the hood before it rolled off...
Old 12-07-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Yes they are the round ones but i also have round high beams too. It looks exactly like this except my car is black https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/225195-project-headlights-complete.html. Putting them in the foglight holes would make them too low to use as low beams. Honestly, people i've talked to think they look good and they only reason they look funny to us is cause we're used to seeing the square ones. I've gotten used to the way they look, and it's not like i can see them from the drivers seat.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badhoopty
not really that bad considering... i managed to get the car slowed down to around 40 before i hit the damn thing. busted up all the paint on the nose and broke some headlight assemblies and pushed the hood and fenders back a little. and the cow took a big ol crap on the hood before it rolled off...
So the cow didn't die!!!! Thats hilarious, I bet you scared the **** out of him!!!!

Hope you werent hurt in the accident???
Old 12-07-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
So the cow didn't die!!!! Thats hilarious, I bet you scared the **** out of him!!!!

it broke its back and it rolled off the hood into the ditch where i just left it moo'ing like crazy. i knew whos cow it was and called him the next day. i thought about getting a gun and putting it down, but you shouldnt mess with other peoples livestock.

i wasnt hurt at all, but i sure wasnt in a good mood and had only myself to blame for driving too fast. needless to say i hardly ever hauled *** on dirt roads after that, especially at night time.

btw, about a month after that the car got hailed on...
Old 12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07

haha.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If its back broke then that would explain why it took a dump on your hood. When you die or become paralyzed you lose control of those functions.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats more than i want to spend on lights.