Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MOFO WRX talkin crap

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default **** WRX talkin crap

Ok, I have a 2000 TA, with the mods in my sig. I am getting the headers this week, and hopefully will have them on soon. I want to get my duals and a tune soon after that. Now, a friend of mine has a '04 WRX. He has a intake, ECU re-flash (he had it dynoed, it went from 168 hp, 158 torque stock, to 227 hp and 217 torque) When I do get to race him, he will have a turbo back, and intercooler water spray thing. Right now, he is talking some serious s*** about owning me. What do ya'll think? I dont talk smack, becasue I know on the street anything can happen, but man, I want to kick his a$$ now.

Teenage girls dont talk this much smack.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i imgaine he's got more boost runnign through that thing as well.

if he's running some decent psi, has a turbo back exhaust and a decent tune that car is gonna run pretty hard.

IMO you will probably loose with a stock converter and your current mods. Put a nice big stall and a tire on your car and you got a race. he's gonna sixty foot you hard on the street at this point and you might not catch up.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
i imgaine he's got more boost runnign through that thing as well.

if he's running some decent psi, has a turbo back exhaust and a decent tune that car is gonna run pretty hard.

IMO you will probably loose with a stock converter and your current mods. Put a nice big stall and a tire on your car and you got a race. he's gonna sixty foot you hard on the street at this point and you might not catch up.
So from a dig, Im done. And from a roll I'm done? He says 17 psi when he's racing.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Race him from a roll and you'll own him. From a dig, it all depends on if you can catch up or not.

Seems kinda fishy that he told you his car put down 227whp and 217wtq. I say so, because that's what the motor specs are rated from the factory (227bhp, 217tq).
Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not an STI, so does that means thats its AWD? If not, you will beat him. If it is AWD, I will suggest you race from a roll....
Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
It's not an STI, so does that means thats its AWD? If not, you will beat him. If it is AWD, I will suggest you race from a roll....
All Subarus are AWD.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Motorboater

all subarus(any model) are AWD, its a scoobie thing.

i'd stay away from him from a dig if you can. 17 psi is def more than stock, that's about as much as anyone runs with a stock turbo I believe before having to go bigger.

I'd try to do it from a punch, but if he's smart he won't want to do that race, he's gonna want a dig for the same reasons you don't want to do that.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
all subarus(any model) are AWD, its a scoobie thing.

i'd stay away from him from a dig if you can. 17 psi is def more than stock, that's about as much as anyone runs with a stock turbo I believe before having to go bigger.

I'd try to do it from a punch, but if he's smart he won't want to do that race, he's gonna want a dig for the same reasons you don't want to do that.
Sean speaks the truf.

I believe stock boost is 13.5psi
Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

wrx=pig from a roll, but since rolls are for a bakery, go get a tire put on and get him from a dig. you can do it.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I told him from a roll, and he agreed He just told me about a supposed "kill" on a newer Z, possibly a 98-02. I really cant tell if hes telling the truth, sounds like he did race, but didnt really. Basically, he had the Z by a car length and half. They go from a dig, Z has him to 35, then he overtakes the Z until he lets off at 70, but the Z turned off somwhere before he let off at 70.......wouldnt that mean the Z backed off?? He's a bonehead, and cant lauch his car worth nothing. If I keep from spinning, could I get him from a dig?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

i'm not sure how your buddy can't launch a wrx, it's quite similar to launching a dually. from what you've said about his mods. his "race" with the z sounds like a load of bs. watch for the flyby, it means he wins.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by psykoTa
He's a bonehead, and cant lauch his car worth nothing. If I keep from spinning, could I get him from a dig?
If he's a true ricer moron and won't dump the clutch at a high rev, you could definitely take him from a dig. Race from a roll first and smoke his ***, then ask if he wants to go from a dig.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

In his own words, "I dont dump it, I slip it" He said he left at 3500 rpms

I would like to shut him down, just not sure as I dont know anything about anything foreign. I may go race him right now just to see where I am. Whether I win or lose. Course, H/C is in the future, then my girl can ride along, and wave bye bye...

The whole smack talking thing is making me want to fight
Pantera has that affect.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any updates?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Any updates?
I havent kicked his a$$ yet, if thats what you mean.

No, it wont be for a while, as I dont see him much, and I just posted tonight. I also wanted to wait for my QTP's.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It has been my experience that guys who talk that much s*** are full of s***. Race him from a dig. Even if he gets the jump (which I'm seriously starting to doubt), you'll get him by an 1/8 mi and be well past by a 1/4 mi. Just make sure the distance isn't too short.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ What he said, ricers usually race for about ten feet or ten seconds whichever comes first
Old 12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

If he slips it at 3500 then this kid is not a serious racer or good driver. All the real WRX drivers dump it from the redline (until the tranny goes).....but hey...that's racing.

I absolutely killed a WRX at the track last time...I even took him out of the hole and I have street tires and stock stall. The guy did a 3500 slip........need I say more?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:01 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Unless he is launching off the rev limiter, you'll rape him.

I raced an STi from a dig and the look on his face was priceless when I beat him across the intersection and put 3-4 cars on him by ~80. With street tires and a 6 speed, no less.

You have to rev those cars HARD to get any kind of launch out of them.

I'm talking bouncing off the rev limiter when you dump the clutch hard.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Staging Lane

If you run him froma dig, watch out for him shutting it down at like 65 if he has the lead on you so he can call it a win. It seems that people with those cars will get the jump with the awd then shut it down when you are pulling them back. So make sure you at least race until 100 if you go from a dig. But if he can't launch he has no chance.