Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded TA GT vs stock Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded LT1 T/A GT vs stock Evo

Right click, save as...

Run was a little over 1/8 mile and Evo ended up 2-3 car lengths ahead and still pulling away.

Last edited by guitardave24; 12-17-2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice vid...
Old 12-17-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

hehe, nice video.

oh, lt1, no match for an evo with a good launch. Did the t/a even launch it right or just give it throttle, lol.

ls1, it would of been the other way around, especially with the bolt ons.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
hehe, nice video.

oh, lt1, no match for an evo with a good launch. Did the t/a even launch it right or just give it throttle, lol.

ls1, it would of been the other way around, especially with the bolt ons.
Evo bogged the launch.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Link is broken but I first thought you were talking about a LS1 T/A and I began to think "no way is a stock EVO beating a modded T/A" But an LT1 is a different story. Get the link working again!
Old 12-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

It's working again.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock

oh, lt1, no match for an evo with a good launch.
do you want to put a friendly wager on this? Have confidence in your elty juan.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

Insert yawn here.

GuitarDave, aren't you supposed to be at the party???

Yes, that's my SLOWKAR (the 94 in the sig) having a completely impromptu "race" against his 05 EVO MR. It would've probably gone better if I had actually launched better and had more road, but I didn't.

No biggie.

The 94's just gotten back from the shop after the head gasket blew and the idiot shop botched the job. When I got my car back, the cat scrapped while passing over *anything* and rattled at 2000rpm. Also, the SES light *and* ABS INOP light have been on for a week.

Once I get her buttoned up again, we'll run again, but it really doesn't matter to me, because the Lt-1's going to "trade in" land in a couple of weeks.

ALso, let them know how much you want to go from a roll...
Old 12-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Teching In

I'm ready whenever you are.

I'll admit though, drag racing an Evo is lame. Come out to Streets of Willow w/ me in January.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Bolt-on lt1 against an evo in an 1/8 mile race. The lt1 should lose. When you race one of the turbo awd cars, make sure it is at least 1/4 mile.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:26 AM
NKAWTG...N

wow both cars sounded really quiet. but isn't the MR edition like 40 hp over a stock evo? dont quote me on it but i think its more powerful than a regular evo.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

First of all have have to give respect to the EVO's out there. They are EXTREMELY fast from a dig (all wheel drive!). Which makes me ask the question to any rear wheel drive modern muscle car owner, WHY RACE AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE CAR FROM A DIG? Unless you have drag radials, which the T/A in this video didnt, you dont have a chance! The EVO and WRX owners know that there cars rule from a dig and it seems they always want to run the V8 rear drivers that way. I personally think from a roll the T/A would have done a little better
Old 12-18-2004, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

.now if you were lined up to a ls1...well, you wouldnt be registering just to show off your vid.......no pun intended!!!

also, we all know that you evo is king on the road course, especially your MR, how much you drop on it? 33k-35k? maybe more or less........

but with that kind of money and even with RWD, anything else on wheels can be made to take the twisties. anything with the right settings and driver of course......now im not that driver since ive never road raced but im sure you wont be that far ahead/behind.......

laterZ
Old 12-18-2004, 03:35 AM
Teching In

05 Evo's are only 5 hp and 10 lbs-ft torque over 03-04 but the turbo produces more power. 05's also have an adjustable active center diff. But the MRs have a six speed, bilstein shocks, lighter wheels, aluminum roof and some other nifty features. It stickers for 35K.

Yes, the Evo is purpose built for certain things (drag racing is not one of them), but when some uneducated and ignorant muscle head talks sh*t about a car he knows nothing about just because its not a V8, I'm tempted to drop the hammer.

As for going from a roll, it depends on from and to what speed, but I would need a bit more power more than the V8 in order to win. The MRs can do 12.9-13.2 ET @ 105-107 trap. Drop in a boost controller holding at 20 and you're looking at high 12's.

Oh well, comparing f-bodys and evo's are like comparing apples to oranges and it's hard to find a common and fair battleground.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Teching In

I love going from a roll in my Evo, I have taken out An lt1 vette, lt1 z28, a few Ls1's, countless mustangs, was locked dead even with a 03cobra, until we let off @110(was happy with that one) he had exhaust and intake. From a dig any race I have ever run with this car was complete annihilation, haven't lost yet. But yeah it is an apples to oranges comparo.

Shane
Old 12-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

I'm not dumb enough to go after him from a dig. We were having fun going against an gas-powered RC car (which he won't post the vid on, because it hung with him and it doesn't make him look as good as taking an LT1 ).

I wasn't even going to race him, but he asked. Unless something seriously wrong, I'll run my car, whenever... I don't mind loosing. **** happens. That's the difference between him and myself. I lose to learn, he gets all pissy when he looses and gets all childish when he wins (as witnessed by him tracking me down and trying to "embarrass" me on a forum he has no place being on).

He won't race me from a roll, not even 15mph, because he knows, even in my broke-*** LT1, I'd take him.

And yes, he dumped 36k to beat a 9k car! LOL!
Old 12-18-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice video. But the LT1 is no match against the EVO with that short stretch of road.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Twitch
I'm not dumb enough to go after him from a dig. We were having fun going against an gas-powered RC car (which he won't post the vid on, because it hung with him and it doesn't make him look as good as taking an LT1 ).

I wasn't even going to race him, but he asked. Unless something seriously wrong, I'll run my car, whenever... I don't mind loosing. **** happens. That's the difference between him and myself. I lose to learn, he gets all pissy when he looses and gets all childish when he wins (as witnessed by him tracking me down and trying to "embarrass" me on a forum he has no place being on).

He won't race me from a roll, not even 15mph, because he knows, even in my broke-*** LT1, I'd take him.

Are you referring to quitardave?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Teching In

^^ Yes, he is. That's my MR, 99badTA.

I'm not dumb enough to go after him from a dig.
Oh but you did, clearly.

First of all, the guy w/ the video camera wanted to see a race, he asked us both. And I'm not trying to embarrass you dude, I just thought people on this forum would enjoy the video. No place being on this forum? I'm a member of many car forums, and unlike some people, I like to get a general knowledge of all types of cars, not just the one I currently drive. You should try it sometime.

And, as I stated before, it doesn't make any difference to me losing in a drag race. If you really want to race from a 15 mph roll, I'd be more than happy to accomodate you. But when you lose, try not to make any more outlandish excuses. And you can rest assured that I'll post that video too.

Dude, don't flatter yourself, I didn't buy the Evo to beat a broken pile on wheels (which is really only worth 3-4K tops). I bought the Evo so I can learn how to really drive a mean track car out of the box, the way it was meant to be driven. The car is very much worth every penny, believe me. Beating you is just an added bonus.

Anyway, it's unnecessary to get all defensive and the hostility is just silly. Racing is just in good fun, no reason to let your feelings get hurt over it.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guitardave24
05 Evo's are only 5 hp and 10 lbs-ft torque over 03-04 but the turbo produces more power. The MRs can do 12.9-13.2 ET @ 105-107 trap. Drop in a boost controller holding at 20 and you're looking at high 12's.

Oh well, comparing f-bodys and evo's are like comparing apples to oranges and it's hard to find a common and fair battleground.
I've been to track in Michigan, New Jersey, and New York. I've obviously seen many EVO's modded and not. Question is: Why do I always hear about the fast 1/4 mile cars online, and never see them at the track? Less than 50% of them ever break into the 13's