Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"raced" a stock silverado??!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:07 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "raced" a stock silverado??!

so i was coming home tonight from my father's retirement ceremony, (30 years on the force, congrats Pop.) and I had my girlfriend with me. So I am coming up street road, and this silverado tries to cut me off. Needless to say, I did not allow that. I pulled up, and when we got to the light at old lincoln highway he was totally revving his ****. This thing was stock, ext cab., toolbox, the whole shebang.

The guy driving must've been about 30, so I guess he was just playing around, but he looked kind of thugged out, so I dunno. I didnt think that he was serious, so when the light went green, and he obviously floored it, I went too. I didnt go entirely WOT, but enough that I was about a bus ahead by the time I was doing 65, so I figured haha that'll teach him a lesson. so he gets in behind me in the left lane. We pull up to another light and he wants to go again!! So basically we did the same thing. He did this three times until he finally turned off on mechanicsville road at which point his passenger who looked ot be about 17-18 gave me the finger, and they drove away full throttle.

I was a little surprised; I generally expect a little higher quality out of Chevrolet truck drivers than that. Kinda sad, cause it was a nice truck too. Hopefully it wont get abused too badly. It was jsut weird because I figured if he was going to mess with a camaro he at least had a blower of some kind. guess not though. anyway I thought it was entertaining enough to post. Seeya guys.

Bradford
Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1998camaroz28
so i was coming home tonight from my father's retirement ceremony, (30 years on the force, congrats Pop.) and I had my girlfriend with me. So I am coming up street road, and this silverado tries to cut me off. Needless to say, I did not allow that. I pulled up, and when we got to the light at old lincoln highway he was totally revving his ****. This thing was stock, ext cab., toolbox, the whole shebang.

The guy driving must've been about 30, so I guess he was just playing around, but he looked kind of thugged out, so I dunno. I didnt think that he was serious, so when the light went green, and he obviously floored it, I went too. I didnt go entirely WOT, but enough that I was about a bus ahead by the time I was doing 65, so I figured haha that'll teach him a lesson. so he gets in behind me in the left lane. We pull up to another light and he wants to go again!! So basically we did the same thing. He did this three times until he finally turned off on mechanicsville road at which point his passenger who looked ot be about 17-18 gave me the finger, and they drove away full throttle.

I was a little surprised; I generally expect a little higher quality out of Chevrolet truck drivers than that. Kinda sad, cause it was a nice truck too. Hopefully it wont get abused too badly. It was jsut weird because I figured if he was going to mess with a camaro he at least had a blower of some kind. guess not though. anyway I thought it was entertaining enough to post. Seeya guys.

Bradford
Not all of the silverado owners are like that, man. He sounds like a complete idiot. I love fbodies. Hell, I love anything fast.
BTW, not all silverados need a blower or nitrous to mess with a camaro.
There's several of us that can kick it down the track pretty good on motor.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

LOL. Yeah I have had many run-in's with people in SUV's and trucks that think they are driving race-car's. None that bad though. I always find it amusing. Vehicles have their place. Now I know there are fast trucks out there but I am talking about the regular ones. It's like me going offroad and revving a 4x4. Not a big fan of the clueless truck racer's who think they own the road in their big bad truck. They are also the same guys that go flying by in the snow, rain, etc etc. They are about on par with ricer's IMO, but even more dangerous.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:08 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Not all of the silverado owners are like that, man. He sounds like a complete idiot.
yeah man I hear you. thats why I was so surprised, cause I know usually silverado owners love their truck for what it is. its as much a relationship as the f-body is with their owners for the most part, ya know? hey sweet truck BTW!! faster than my car lol!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$hit, everyone is like that around here. They always have to be the first off the line at a light. Even minivans try to too, but now that I have my 5.3L RC it's not so much of a problem.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

There are always stupid people out there giving others a bad name

Way to put him in his place though!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I think the middle finger meant "you are number 1 cause your car is fast", well thats the way I take it when ricers do that
Old 12-23-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only right thing to do when someone is like that is to smoke the crap out of them. "Ya dun good."
Old 12-26-2004, 01:07 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

But your truck only traps as high as a stock ls1?
Old 12-26-2004, 04:56 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

yeah his truck why dont you go ask stupidfast about his be beat a z28 all kinds of bad all motor from his 408 so yeah yours stock is faster and modded but you cant take away a truck ripping a z28 all motor is not too shabby
Old 12-26-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z98
Point being?

Last edited by slowprocess; 12-26-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey sweet truck BTW!!
Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I really hate the guy in the truck was a total jerk and giving us a bad name. Keep on putting a-holes like that in their place!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

they only need a head/cam packaged 6.0L
Old 12-26-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
they only need a head/cam packaged 6.0L
Touche
Old 12-28-2004, 01:28 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

My point was the only camaro you'll be messing with is one that was bone stock.

Come mess with MY camaro
Old 12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z98
My point was the only camaro you'll be messing with is one that was bone stock.

Come mess with MY camaro
So, now it's come down to "my camaro is faster than your truck", huh? Exactly who are you trying to impress? Yeah, its a good chance you are faster.... Do you honestly think I care if a modded car can beat my modded truck? That's not what I built the truck to do. I honestly didn't know that all camaros that weren't stock were running under 12.6. Guess I'll be leaving the ones with simple things, such as an aftermarket muffler alone from now on, since I can only mess with stock ones.
You've really got me anxious to see how awesome your car is and the wonderful numbers it puts down. What mods and what times are you blazing down the track at? Just curious.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, now it's come down to "my camaro is faster than your truck", huh?.
You've really got me anxious to see how awesome your car is and the wonderful numbers it puts down. What mods and what times are you blazing down the track at? Just curious.
Geeze, lets hope we haven't sunk to that.

Good ummm kill to the orginal poster
Old 12-28-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

So, now it's come down to "my camaro is faster than your truck", huh? Exactly who are you trying to impress? Yeah, its a good chance you are faster.... Do you honestly think I care if a modded car can beat my modded truck? That's not what I built the truck to do. I honestly didn't know that all camaros that weren't stock were running under 12.6. Guess I'll be leaving the ones with simple things, such as an aftermarket muffler alone from now on, since I can only mess with stock ones.

12.6 all motor with little experience with the new setup leaves quite a bit on the table. Considering what he's done this year alone with his truck, unless you in the 10 sec club you may not be as bad as you lead others to believe. If I got off my *** and did a little tuning, my Tahoe will run 12's so what exactly is your point?
I agree, there are jerks driving every type of vehicle and some guys just dont get it.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:58 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

whatever man dont worry about that dude. truck vs. car? cmon give me a break. i am sure thats guys car rules and I know your truck does. how are we going to compare?
Old 12-28-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

whatever man dont worry about that dude. truck vs. car? cmon give me a break. i am sure thats guys car rules and I know your truck does. how are we going to compare?
I'm cool, man. You know how it is when it seems as though someone is going to try to start something just for kicks. No doubt he's right about LS1s rocking over trucks. Lord knows I could have probably built a pretty nice LS1 car myself with the money I've dumped into this brick. To be perfectly honest, I had no intention of building anything fast, until I found this website about a year and some ago. I just used the truck to haul my quad around. Next was my obsession with loud music. Third I tried to go show with it, came a click away from ordering my airbag setup. Finally, I decided to make it go fast. At the beginning of October, my truck was running a consistant 16 sec quarter. I'm getting really close to knocking off a full 4 seconds off of my quarter mile, so yeah, I probably get a little offensive when guys like that try to bring me down. No probs, though. I like this site way too much to get into anything with anybody.
ROCK ON, GUYS!