Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Replica ZR 1 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replica ZR 1 Wheels

Has anyone ever bought any black ZR1 wheels off ebay from OE Wheel Distributors in Sarasota, Florida?? I am looking to buy some but I don't know anything about this company. The wheels seem pretty cheap, but I'm unsure of the quality. If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2004, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Well I'll be honest with you. I bought some wheels from them about a month or two ago and they were the wrong ones. I had a HELL of a time getting them to take them back and they were very rude about even talking to me about the problem. I turned it into a huge deal on here and every F-body site I knew of. The picture they showed on Ebay was NOT the actual wheel I got and I had pictures to prove it. They refused to even admit that the wheel they sent me was different or anything. I had to file claims with Ebay, SquareTrade (an Ebay associate company that deals with claims such as mine), and contact my credit card company. Only after having them yell at me on the phone several times did they finally take them back.

As far as quality goes: if they'd actually been the wheels I wanted, the quality would've been pretty decent. The wheels looked like they were nice except they mounted the tires on and scratched part of the wheels all up.

Many people buy from them and are completely satisfied, but just beware that if you have a problem with them, they are extremely rude and unwilling to even listen to complaints. I was hung up on twice. Others I've heard of too say that their customer service is the worst ever and some refuse to buy from them. I'm one of those people.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought them, and they were exactly as promised. The only thing I didn't like about them was the fact that it took about 6 times to get them balanced. They suck as far as being 'round'! I sold them, 'cause now I have some BBS LMs coming.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Just go with AFS wheels.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone heard of a company called Dante Designs? They have a few replica wheels in the most recent Summit catalog and they are fairly cheap. I believe $220 for chrome ZR1s.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got my black zr1s from OE WD and they look great!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

I got my black ZR1s from OE Wheels also and they look great. I guess I got lucky, that sucks if the customer service is like that though!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

what is OE's site? I need to find some good black zr1s also
Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Well I'll be honest with you. I bought some wheels from them about a month or two ago and they were the wrong ones. I had a HELL of a time getting them to take them back and they were very rude about even talking to me about the problem. I turned it into a huge deal on here and every F-body site I knew of. The picture they showed on Ebay was NOT the actual wheel I got and I had pictures to prove it. They refused to even admit that the wheel they sent me was different or anything. I had to file claims with Ebay, SquareTrade (an Ebay associate company that deals with claims such as mine), and contact my credit card company. Only after having them yell at me on the phone several times did they finally take them back.

As far as quality goes: if they'd actually been the wheels I wanted, the quality would've been pretty decent. The wheels looked like they were nice except they mounted the tires on and scratched part of the wheels all up.

Many people buy from them and are completely satisfied, but just beware that if you have a problem with them, they are extremely rude and unwilling to even listen to complaints. I was hung up on twice. Others I've heard of too say that their customer service is the worst ever and some refuse to buy from them. I'm one of those people.
I'm looking at these same rims and im glad you mentioned all of the trouble associated w/ their customer service. When/if I order them, im gonna tell them your story & make them give me their word and everything that if they arent right, they will take them back. I'll even try to get a confirmation email if i need to.

All companies have problems w/ their products from time to time, some more than others, but hopefully this company's satisfaction rate GREATLY out numbers their non-satisfaction rate.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought a set of z06 wheels from them 2yrs ago & they balanced fine & everything. They even shipped them faster than normal because we wanted them before a show. (they came the night before Super Chevy in seattle in 2002.)
Old 01-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Teching In

I know this is the wrong forum,but I have a set of 4 still in the boxes.17x11 50mm offset if anyone is interested.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wayno
I know this is the wrong forum,but I have a set of 4 still in the boxes.17x11 50mm offset if anyone is interested.
How much? rainey455@hotmail.com
Old 01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Teching In

$700+shipping
Old 01-06-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Just go with AFS wheels.
How AFS looks?