Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got me a Mach

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a Mach

Last night me and a friend wanted to take out my car since we had been in his GT all day. Well his brother wanted to come so he got in the back. Im 170lbs,and they are about 150 each. Well we get onto 242 and a Mach 1 pulls next to me drops and plays around a little. I notice that he has some gauges in his air vents(omg im going to get a s/c in my face).

Well we get clear lanes and we nailed it. once i get to 125 i noticed i put 4 or more cars on him. The road comes to an end and i slam on my brakes and skid to a stop. guess whos sitting their? a cop. He looked at the stang and me then just took off.

skeeter
Old 12-24-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill...he must not know how to drive cause i find it hard to believe you pulled 4 cars on a mach 1...if it had mods...and not many stock cars put gauges in their car unless they are civics..haha...and what's the deal with k&n gives you 43rwhp....i hope you are saying your lt's, exhaust, and k&n gives you that...
Old 12-24-2004, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 777
good kill...he must not know how to drive cause i find it hard to believe you pulled 4 cars on a mach 1...if it had mods...and not many stock cars put gauges in their car unless they are civics..haha...and what's the deal with k&n gives you 43rwhp....i hope you are saying your lt's, exhaust, and k&n gives you that...

lol u dont believe anything dude!!! have some faith

good kill dude... i dont see any reason u cant pull a mach 1... ive seen gt's pull them after 60 or so mph with boltons... and i know ive laid into them before at the track and havn't witnessed one go quicker then 9.0...

if 03 cobras made 390 and there are plenty bolton ls1s like this guys and mine that have hung with them or beat them before, then why cant that same car put 3 cars on a 305hp no s/c model????
Old 12-24-2004, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

u got lucky with the cop... musta gone after the stang cuz u stopped and he kept going..
Old 12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

I was racing another Chevy truck in my daily driver. (Also a Chevy truck) we were racing down Northwest HWY and a cop is sitting in the turn lane. He flashes his lights and we both hit our brakes. The cop pulls on into another parking lot and kills his lights. We got DAMN lucky.

The point is sometimes the cops just don't care. Sometimes you just get lucky.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Hey nice kill, and nice cop.

I have to say this much, sometimes the cops are very right. 125 is a pretty rough speed to just be racing at on a street. Becareful! I'm not saying he should have given you a ticket or anything, but sometimes I think they have reasons too, just to try to keep the streets a bit more aware of what they are actually doing>

Again nice kill on the Mach, I like the Mach's because they are so close to the LS1 stock on stock it makes it fun to see a real drivers race. Unlike those 03 Cobra's man are those things slow, or Civics, who would race a 10 second stock car? Man that H is scary [As you can tell I'm just kidding, pfft we all know Civics run 9's ]

Either way nice job, running into nice cars in Colorado is hard. Damn you guys in Texas!

Last edited by DanSSull; 12-24-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:22 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by ws62001ta
Last night me and a friend wanted to take out my car since we had been in his GT all day. Well his brother wanted to come so he got in the back. Im 170lbs,and they are about 150 each. Well we get onto 242 and a Mach 1 pulls next to me drops and plays around a little. I notice that he has some gauges in his air vents(omg im going to get a s/c in my face).

Well we get clear lanes and we nailed it. once i get to 125 i noticed i put 4 or more cars on him. The road comes to an end and i slam on my brakes and skid to a stop. guess whos sitting their? a cop. He looked at the stang and me then just took off.

skeeter
If the Mach1 was an auto and not to many major mods I can see you doing that but a 5 speed with alot of mods I don't see you doing that, not with 3 extra people in the car.. I have ran many TA's and SS's that are very modded with full exhaust and have cams.. One guy in an SS thats puts down right about 400 rwhp M6 and we stay pretty close but he pulls me up top but not by 4 lenths.. Then another in a Auto with a 3200 stall, full exhaust, cam, etc.. And we stay dead even.. He puts down 365rwhp.. But my car now runs in the 12.0's so its not like its slow or anything..
Old 12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

ok well thats my story, and it was a stick. i couldn't read his gauges so iono what happend.