Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried out any of the new Hal springs that QA1 offers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:25 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone tried out any of the new Hal springs that QA1 offers?

Well as many of you know by now, QA1 now offers 275 lb., 300 lb., and 325 lb. springs. I'm not sure if they've done away with the original drag springs which were a 315 lb. spring because I havent seen them listed lately. Anyhow, I did a search on springs and read through several threads and what Ive come up with is that the drag springs are very soft and bouncy on the street, that tightening up the shock helps it some, and if you have the R series fronts, the problem is pretty much eliminated. Also, since they are softer springs, the weight transfer is a lot better improving 60 ft. times. Well all that info was covered on the 315 lb. springs. Now wouldn't a softer spring compress easier storing more energy, then when the car launches, it shoots up the front end faster because it wants to release that stored energy? Anyway, Im assuming they dont offer the 315 lb. anymore, so what spring rate would work best for the track without being too much for the street. I figured if the 315 lb. springs were on the boarder line of not being ok to use for the street, I would imagine a softer spring being absolutely not intended for street use. Im trying to squeeze every bit out of the car and would like to install a set of drag springs. I hardly ever drive the car and if it does see any street use, its only around town. The car gets trailered to the track. I want a drag spring no doubt, but if I ever want to cruise the car around town, I dont want to eliminate the ability to do so by buying too soft of a spring. I am running the R series fronts, so hopefully it will help me as many say they do. What rate should I get? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

You talking about fronts or rears? I'm guessing rears? I have the front old QA1's and they bounce a bit.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:46 AM
9 Second Club

i just picked up a set of 275's with my new QA1-R's, but i wont be able to give them a try for quite some time yet. oh, those are for the front btw. not sure what to get yet for the rear QA1 dbl. adj. version that will be out soon.

Dave
Old 01-17-2005, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be a dick but didnt you call me last week and we had a 15 minute discussion on this subject?????????

If you didnt trust my advice or want it then why call???????? I dont mind helping out on the phone with advice but then seeing the exact question asked on a board somewhere is irritating.

225-343-9029
Old 01-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the typical type of BS stuff from Jeramy/BlackBeaSSt/Dragaholic.

This crap get old. Real old.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club NA

Pro Stock John, I was referring to the fronts.

MADMAN, nope, wasnt me.

mmiller, c'mon man, just the other day you were saying you would like to meet me 'cause maybe I could be ok in person and now here you are with the bad comments again. I know you dont have anything nice to say about me because you dont know me, but is it really necessary to say negative things? MADMAN has mistaken me with someone else and already you jump to think it was me as well. What did I do to you that was so bad for you to always be on my case?

For God's sake, can I please make a post without someone bashing it? I need info and want to learn just like everyone else here.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Texas Director

If Madman has mistaken you for someone else then I apologize. My mistake.

Please, since you've got the new username, try and use better judgement than you have in the past from here forward. I don't mean to always come down on you, but you've earned all the grief you've gotten. No one is picking on you just to be mean.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

So what's the answer?

I'm wondering if the weight of the car plays into the selection?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If your last name isnt Eguia then I'm sorry for mistakeing you. If it is then you need to get a life other than calling shops and asking questions then reasking the same question on this board.

I run a business and I am very busy. I dont mind the technical phone calls for advice. That is what I'm here for. The childish games I dont have time for.

225-343-9029
Old 01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club NA

mmiller, I plan to, but when you keep on like you are, it influences others to start with the crap as well. You cant show any proof that Ive posted any negative replies in any of your threads, so why do it to me? I do think you do it just to be mean, I havent done anything lately, so I certainly dont deserve it. You just like picking at people, particularly me. I changed names so that I could try and get away from all the bull, but of course, you and a few others have to say, oh hey...its him, its BlackBeaSSt, yada yada yada. I mean c'mon, so what, is there not anything else better to do than try and point someone out who's changed their names. My threads can never be clean and stay on topic because someone always has to say something.

Ditto on Pro Stock John's question.

MADMAN, whoa whoa whoa buddy, calm down. I understand where youre coming from. You shouldnt let that kind of stuff get to you, it was an honest mistake.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
9 Second Club NA

Anyway, back to the topic since a lot of people like to get...

Pro Stock John, you said you have the old QA1 springs, which refers to the 315 lb. ones, what shocks are you running? I've read that bouncing is no longer an issue with the R series.

PRAY HRD, why did you go with the 275 lb. springs?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Texas Director

Jeramy, if the day ever comes that you finally take a look in the mirror and hold YOURSELF accountable for how people view you and quit playing the victim, is when folks will back off of you. You don't realize it, but YOU'RE the one who controls how your treated on here. I don't pick on you, even though to you, it seems like I do. I can honestly say that thankfully there isn't another poster on LS1Tech like you.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
9 Second Club NA

Enough dude! Seriously, E-NOUGH! Its getting so freakin' old. If you have something to say to me, PM me. Im tired of all my damn threads getting off topic. I dont see how you became a moderator, you bend the rules and take advantage of your privilages, not to mention, you start a lot of crap with me. Please, I am asking you nicely, lay off.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Texas Director

DUDE YOUR THE FREAKING PROBLEM, NOT ME! GROW UP!!!! IF YOU GET OUT OF LINE IN A THREAD I'LL POST IN IT IF NEED BE. YOU'RE NOT IN A POSTION TO TELL ME OR ANY OTHER MODERATOR ON HERE TO STAY OUT OF YOUR THREADS. DON'T E-V-E-R TELL ME TO STAY OUT OF YOUR THREADS AGAIN! GOT IT!!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I have the old QA1 shocks, not the R's. And I have the old springs from four years ago. When I had the iron block the car bottomed out real bad on the street. Since my car is higher now in the front, it's not as much as a problem.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club NA

No Matty, you are the problem. You dont post much, but you sure and the hell will talk crap on my threads. If I get out of line, tell me, have I gotten out of line, nope, its just you like to run your mouth, thats all. Ooo, Im not in position to tell you to stay out of my threads, well so what, youre a joke and you have a big mouth. I dont have a problem with any other moderator or administrator but you, hmm, go figure. Your title under your name should be Dragaholic moderator, not Texas moderator, cause you do nothing but follow my threads around like a little girl and bash them. You dont do this to anyone else but me. Better yet, it should "LIKE TO RUN MY MOUTH AND START **** WITH DRAGAHOLIC MODERATOR." Youre creepy, its like you are stocking me on the internet.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

These spring rates were brought up in another thread. I am curious abou this as well. But I would like to know if a Manual tranny car would benefit from the softer spring rate. Or should I go with the stiffer spring?

Mad Man?

Brad
Old 01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Everyone back on topic, this is a tech site. Take your problems private everyone.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Squintz, I would put a stiffer spring on a stick car to throw the front end up faster.

PSJ yes weight is a determining factor. Usually I put the 275s on a car that has all the weight reduction done to the front and a aluminum block.

225-343-9029
Old 01-18-2005, 06:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Squintz, I would put a stiffer spring on a stick car to throw the front end up faster.

PSJ yes weight is a determining factor. Usually I put the 275s on a car that has all the weight reduction done to the front and a aluminum block.

Jeramy you have no idea!

225-343-9029