New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Magazine for LS1/LS6 engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Magazine for LS1/LS6 engines?

What would be the best single magazine for me to buy with information on the LS1/LS6 engines and performance? I plan on putting an LS1/LS6 into my truck with a T56 tranny. I want to learn what I can long before I do it.

thanks,
Mike
Old 01-18-2005, 08:19 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just read the hell out of this board! we have a conversions/hybrids section that would help you out alot. the ls1/t56 is a popular swap and i'm sure you wouldnt run into many problems, especially with the room you're going to be working with. gm high tech performance usually has stuff about ls1's but there isnt really a dedicated ls1 based magizine. just read all the stickies (JRP's stickies at the top of the new ls1 enthusiast page will teach you alot) and read this board, you'll find out all you would ever want to know.

good luck on your swap, and show us some pictures!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

magazine i dont know, but theres a book i found at Borders called, "Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance", i learned a lot from the book about the motor, but it has nothing to do with the trans, or the conversion of putting it in your truck
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Old 01-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Launching!

forget the magazine, just stick to reading everything on this site. It will be alot more helpful and you can actually ask questions.

Plus it is free
Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah gm hi-tech performance is a rip off. It sells for like 4.50 and has about 15 usefull pages in it. This board will teach you everything you need to know and somethings you don't want to know.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
magazine i dont know, but theres a book i found at Borders called, "Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance", i learned a lot from the book about the motor, but it has nothing to do with the trans, or the conversion of putting it in your truck
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
There's also, "How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V8's". I think it just came out last fall.
http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?P...dID=88216&HS=1
Old 01-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Launching!

My ls1 prefers playboy.

*laughs* seriously, camaro performers is ok, comes out quarterly. I'd stick to the boards though.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
There's also, "How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V8's". I think it just came out last fall.
http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?P...dID=88216&HS=1
Is Pace a sponsor?? If not-
http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/518/...1_LS6-V-8s.htm
Old 01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't waste your time on any magazine, read this site and if you want to look at the magazine, look at it online for free, most of GMHT is just ad's anyway and you can look at the past articles.

As mentioned here previousely, you will learn more reading and chatting with the people here than anywhere else. Highly recommend using the search buttom on anything you have questions about first. Chances are its been asked and answered many times before. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you all for the replies. I am also a member over at LS1Truck.com...that site is going to be the savior for the swap itself. Many people have already done it. But I dont think any have tried it in a 4wd truck yet so I might be the first...on that site anyways. The guy thats going to help me do it all really knows what he is doing and can fabricate pretty much everything I guess. I will check out those two books and forget about the magazines...I have been reading the crap out of this site...its huge!!! I havent even dented it yet. I have been using the search as much as possible which is why I dont have that many posts yet. Anyways thanks for everyones help. I am sure you will be seeing more of my ?'s kickin around.

thanks,
Mike
Old 01-18-2005, 09:51 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
forget the magazine, just stick to reading everything on this site. It will be alot more helpful and you can actually ask questions.

Plus it is free
sounds good to me