LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Listen up, this is not the bandwagon forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Listen up, this is not the bandwagon forum

I am not digging the bandwagoning going on in this forum. Those who know me know that I am very very fair when it comes to sponsor complaints.

As with any complaint, someone is innocent until proven guilty.

State your beef, your desired course of action and we will do what we can to drill it down.

Don't drill stuff down from almost two years ago if you never tried to get resolution back then.

We reserve the right to lock threads if they are off track, exhibit major bandwagoning, or have not constructive purpose.

-ADMIN
Old 01-20-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John
I see censorship has kicked in on my post, I guess I missed the statute of limitations on my beef. Sorry guys, this was because Ive finally came clean on APE, after I was strung along as a sponsored vehicle, hence the reason I never posted. You need to take that into account John. Ill be done with it, for now.

Andy
Old 01-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Sponsored by Kirk, the old owner, once again ........................not me!

Thanks
Old 01-21-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that 'bandwagoning' is often counter-productive as well as potentially hurtful to the named sponsor as well as the credibility of this site. Also keep in mind that very few customers who have a negative experience with a shop will post about it on the internet. This is to say that if an individual shop has a number of complaints online they most assuredly have multitudes more offline. This is a rule of thumb - I'm not referring to any sponsor in particular.

Regards,

Mark
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Chris bought the name and the rights like two years ago Andy M, have you been driving the car around all this time without saying something? Makes no sense. If you had a problem then you still have a problem with Kirk. I could see relevancy is this was like 2 yrs ago.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:09 PM

PSJ, He has not been driving the car around. With the current problems that it has, which are still steming from his experience with the old owner, the car really is not drivable. It needs to be tuned and before we could tune it he needed to get a converter. He has the converter now and should be able to get it tuned from a sponsor of his choice.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I am not digging the bandwagoning going on in this forum. Those who know me know that I am very very fair when it comes to sponsor complaints.

As with any complaint, someone is innocent until proven guilty.

State your beef, your desired course of action and we will do what we can to drill it down.

Don't drill stuff down from almost two years ago if you never tried to get resolution back then.

We reserve the right to lock threads if they are off track, exhibit major bandwagoning, or have not constructive purpose.

-ADMIN
I find an interesting comment at this time as you have done this with Absolute,ARE and others and continue to do so even today.
Why would this be selective,non-uniform and even preferencial.

Dave
Old 01-24-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Chris
Its monday, I pmed you friday about the Kirk information you said you had, you havent seemed to respond to that as fast as these posts on here, still waiting and got nothing.

John- Take a note of this, its a normal thing at APE, your told youll get something done, and you wait, wait , wait, until you have to ride them to get it done and this beef is only a few days old. Oh and your the owner now Chris, so this is directed at you.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by doc2121
Hey Chris
Its monday, I pmed you friday about the Kirk information you said you had, you havent seemed to respond to that as fast as these posts on here, still waiting and got nothing.

John- Take a note of this, its a normal thing at APE, your told youll get something done, and you wait, wait , wait, until you have to ride them to get it done and this beef is only a few days old. Oh and your the owner now Chris, so this is directed at you.
Andy, check your PM's. When you pay for stuff you have a right to bitch about time and how long things take. When you are a "sponsored" guy that is not paying full price or not even close, you may have to wait a little longer. That is part of getting it a lot cheaper. Paying customers are the first priority. BTW............what have you bought from me that you can speak first hand of this knowledge??? That's right you haven't bought anything from us. I feel bad for you Andy, but once again you had issuses well before I became owner. I hope you get your car running and I hope the shop that you are dealing with now takes good care of you.

Hello Dave, 99fbody99, I really don't think that we are even comparable to ARE. Delay's in shipping stuff and taking to long are far cry's from what ARE has done. You bring a lot of useful info to this board..........I just can't find it. Once again, we haven't done any business with you. So I am not sure how you can speak of our business?? I am pretty sure you just like to be a troll and look for our name so you can put your two cents in. You must have a lot of time on your hands.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Im not getting back into it Chris, but the delays on the car when you were the owner were there bro, think back thats all. And there is no way I havent spent money at APE, thats a joke along with the so called sponsorship, and the "we want to keep you with us, its a nice car" sentiments. I appreciate the "best wishes"
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Andy-

You talk crap without answering him on a factual level. The fact is that you have not spend any money with Chris. If you want some sort of tuning credit with Kirk go and contact Kirk and come up with something because all you do is complain. For the record being pissy on the internet is generally the 180 degree opposite way of handling stuff. Since you are local, call up Kirk, and MEET with him and make a action plan and stop bitching.

And to the other guy posting, I don't know you but don't lump APE in ARE, you are just trying to cause trouble and if you guys continue to be like that I might shut this section down. I don't want abitrary comments, just be factual and honest and talk about your OWN STUFF.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Guys,

Your reading to much into my comments.
I never said APE nor any other shop in comparsion. I was commenting on the original post of "bandwagoning" and how it seems to be different from sponsor to sponsor etc. based solely on what? How one feels about that sponsor that day? I would have thought the past would be a learning process for all so that we dont have mess's like ARE,Absolute,QMP. What do all of the previous companys have in common?

Dave

PS Chris, My comments were not directed towards you, and you make a personal attack. How you handle issues within your company as a business owner with respect to the customer speaks volumes about the man you are.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Andy-

You talk crap without answering him on a factual level. The fact is that you have not spend any money with Chris. If you want some sort of tuning credit with Kirk go and contact Kirk and come up with something because all you do is complain. For the record being pissy on the internet is generally the 180 degree opposite way of handling stuff. Since you are local, call up Kirk, and MEET with him and make a action plan and stop bitching.

And to the other guy posting, I don't know you but don't lump APE in ARE, you are just trying to cause trouble and if you guys continue to be like that I might shut this section down. I don't want abitrary comments, just be factual and honest and talk about your OWN STUFF.
PSJ, I PM'd Andy Kirk's number this morning. So he should be able to get ahold of him. Also, Andy did spend $150 with me, so he did spend a little.

Dave, If I read into it, sorry.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Dam cant we all just get along.....
Old 01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Dave, the whole point of having the member and sponsor feedback forums is to have a place in which to discuss good and bad transactions. Now to me, Andy M. has not made an actual case that warrants him going off on Chris when 95% of the work was done by someone else. Andy I want you to call Kirk and work it out if you can. After all he sponsored you so you must have been promoting him and he must have been hooking you up. Both of you need to sack up and figure it out, and not drag 3rd parties into the mix.

Dave, this is not as cut and dried as some of the other problems in this forum.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

PSJ,

Your absolutely correct..It's Gray at best and certainly lacks specific grounds to which one could build a case. But your original post also had nothing to do with APE or Andy's issue, atleast not that I read into it.
But the other thread certainly has merits, as well as many other individuals and vendors. My comments are that there needs to be uniform application of rules, what ever they may be.

Dave
Old 01-24-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

John

Your certainly talk about me as you know me, for the record you might want to actually know the entire story before you play judge and tell me what I am, I pmed you letting you know that if you wanted to hear my side of the story off the board to call me, you didnt. You know about 25% of this story, with that, continue to get paid by your sponsors, and censor us members, and a little FYI I havent ever went on a board and posted trashing someone or some company, Ive dealt with Chris, and APE previously, I have a right to post my expierence, unless of course it wasnt a good one, and then Im trashed for it. For the future, you might not want to jump on your sponsors side right away jut because they pay your bills, you never know what the whole story may be.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

How much did you spend with Chris?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 AM
On The Tree

I thought this forum was SPONSOR FEEDBACK? What dose it matter who spent what with who. Say I’m going to any one of the sponsor’s shops and they treat me like ****. I didn’t spend a dime with them, but I wanted to come on here and let everybody know about how they were ******** to me. Isn’t this is what this forum is for???? It’s fine if it gets WAY off track then sure lock it down. BUT its always going to be a he said she said thing. No sponsor wants to here anything bad about their business. Some people don’t know how to handle it. When someone is bashing someone they get defensive hence the pissing match. PSJ you should be here to keep that on track KINDA. Not just jump on the sponsors side. To me its just kinda seems that’s what you do. I'll leave this alone at that. Just my .02
Paul
Old 01-25-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

John
I spent $150 more than what I should have, and if you want to know the total spent at APE then contact me, remember partner anything I was paying Chris for, would have been the 2nd time Ive paid for the same item or service I already paid the company. But you still dont get it, all you care about is how much I spent recently no matter what the case, without knowing anything else about the situation.

Mental note: Business was transferred to Chris without notification to me(a customer in the middle of an unfinished project, who paid in full), which according to your judgment would make them free and clear of anything owed to me, LOL, yeah thats business.