Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

V6 f-bodies give us V8 bad names

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 f-bodies give us V8 bad names

Theres some **** talkin ricers who think they can beat my 98 WS6 cause he said he raced a V8 camaro and won. Theres only a hand full of LT1/LS1 f-bodies and I know all of them, and theres a **** load of 3.4L and 3.8L f-bodies, so asked him what color and what the camaro he raced looked like and It wasnt any V8s I knew, I told him he raced a V6, and that wasnt anything to be proud of. He got pissed and wanted to run me. He drives a WRX, dont know the year or if it had a turbo. It had the big muffler, and had big *** stickers on the side (Blitz,Momo.. and some other ones) I told him to follow me to the Gen Mills plant since its the perfect place to race, its about 1/4 long,straight and no cops. We went from a Dig and I didnt look over at him, I just punched it and when I was done I had a good 3-4 cars on him. we stopped turned around and went again, same thing... killed him. we all drove over to the parking lot and talked a little, He asked me what I had and I told him N20... small boltons, but I didnt spray him. I had to explain the camaro he raced before was a V6 and not a V8. I just think that theres alot of ricers who think they are fast cause the race a V6 and either come close or win and assume its a V8 they raced.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

edited b/c i just seen u had ur cam/heads ect listed as future mods...

good kill...

anyways a person should be able to tell the fuggin difference b/t a v6 and a v8 camaro.. if they cant then there retarded lol.. one is really fast, one is really slow..

Last edited by ZMC_Racing; 01-23-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

You're right, some V6's do talk **** and when ppl race them, they dont know the diffeence so they go brag that they beat a V8 Camaro or WS6. Personally, i never run my 3.4L and i dont indent do.

By the way, nice run on WRX Nice kill
Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

i have a 98 v6...and its fast as hell..untell. you drive any other car...lol..my 01 ss killed it by 1million car lenghts
Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

those wrx are hella fast for a 4banger...in the 13s stock..my ss could only pull down 14.01 in the bilion degree heat here in vegas last summer....hopping for 11s this spring..when my complete rebuild is done....the guy ibought parts from sent me dyno sheets of 430 rwhp...that should do it i think
Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

pm me if im wrong on that....what does it take to pull 11s ina convert..a4 3.23 gears f body...01
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
Theres some **** talkin ricers who think they can beat my 98 WS6 cause he said he raced a V8 camaro and won. Theres only a hand full of LT1/LS1 f-bodies and I know all of them, and theres a **** load of 3.4L and 3.8L f-bodies, so asked him what color and what the camaro he raced looked like and It wasnt any V8s I knew, I told him he raced a V6, and that wasnt anything to be proud of. He got pissed and wanted to run me. He drives a WRX, dont know the year or if it had a turbo. It had the big muffler, and had big *** stickers on the side (Blitz,Momo.. and some other ones) I told him to follow me to the Gen Mills plant since its the perfect place to race, its about 1/4 long,straight and no cops. We went from a Dig and I didnt look over at him, I just punched it and when I was done I had a good 3-4 cars on him. we stopped turned around and went again, same thing... killed him. we all drove over to the parking lot and talked a little, He asked me what I had and I told him N20... small boltons, but I didnt spray him. I had to explain the camaro he raced before was a V6 and not a V8. I just think that theres alot of ricers who think they are fast cause the race a V6 and either come close or win and assume its a V8 they raced.
Good kill man. I'm sure the other F-bodies around there appreciate it too

Same thing happens to C5s: folks get me confused with ZO6s, even though mine's a convertible! Now I'm gettin confused with the C6, but I think it's because of my bodywork, not performance. In both cases, its just folks who either aren't into cars or the average "ricers" that don't know the difference.

BTW, thats one bad *** sig pic!!!!
I hate to see all that in my rearview mirror!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

I used to own an 01 V6 Camaro, they are good little daily drivers but cant compare to an LS1.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heh, reminds me of something that happened to me a while back. I was sitting at a light on the local strip in the middle of the day, when a red firebird pulls up next to me. There were three people in the car, two guys and a girl. The girl, who was in the passenger seat, switchs with the driver over the console, and proceeds to rev the engine at me. I didn't even bother revving back.

We took off from the light, and she punched it. I put it down about 2/3 of the way to the floor and ran off real quick to about 40, then let out. She was still coming. I hit it again full throttle as she was coming past, and put about six or seven carlengths on her to 70, then I cut out of it thinking, "What the hell am I doing? I'm not getting a ticket for this dumb ****." I let 'er slow down, and then the girl does a fly by, with her and the passengers all waving, hooting, and hollering. I guess they thought that they beat me.

What pisses me off is that they probably went home and told their white trash buddies that they beat a Z28.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Lol yeah when i had my 00 V6 camaro i thought i was the ****.. i even thought i was fast enought to race a 03 SRT-4 Neon.. till i got killed. Got the WS6, next week ran into the SRT-4, and showed him a thing or to. One time I was cruising at University of Iowa bar/club area.. lots of cops.. I was at a light with some 99-04 V6 stang next to me... this is when i just got the WS6, So i was like "hey, that have a V6 in it" the guy looked over at me and was like "yeah" you could tell when I asked that question he got pissed, so I revved and when the light turned green he punched it and I flew right past time.

Not trying to hate on any V6 guys here since ive owned one my self... just kinda find it funny how some ricers cant tell the diff between a V6 and V8.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

i had an 00 v6 i loved taht lil car.. worked my *** off and bought it for my 15th bday and then proceeded to work and pay payments ect till i was 17, parents had a say in not letting me get a v8 at that time.. and i cant really blame them.. it was a great lil car, plenty of power for me to learn what to do and not to do.... and when i turned 17 and still had no tickets i started looking around.. about this time me and my girl broke up and she rode to school the next day in this ******** brand new gt sonic blue 02... he had exhuast and **** put on it minutes after driving off the lot with it.. and followed me around school talking **** for 2 weeks... got to the point where i was ready to kill him. it would have been a pretty fair even fight seeing as we were equal size, age, ect.. but after i flipped on him one day and cussed him out, had just had enuff.. he told on me hehe.. i wasn't pissed over the dumb bitch hoe.. that weekend i bought my 02 z28... and with like 35 miles on it waxed his *** letting in and out of the gas for him to catch up hehe.. about 1 year later he was running 8.90's on a 75 shot and i was going 7.40's in the 1/8th on a 150 shot... the girl screwed him over to, and he actually apologized and admitted she was a bitch.. i thanked him for being an ***.. told him if it wasn't for him i may have not bought a z28 and got a mustang or something instead. LOL.... just a few months ago he sold his stang.. his car also got egged about 5 times by that same girl lol.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

oh and i acutally didn't buy the car just to race him.. infact just becuase of him i went looking for trucks lol.. and then i saw her setting there alone on teh lot parked away from the others... no one had even test drove her and she'd been there for 2 months they said.. my uncle runs that dealership too. . no options on the car, not even a rear hatch pop button.. listed for under 21k sticker and i got 3k cash off and 0% financing... but to this day "I WISH I'd KEPT MY V6..." it was loaded and comfortable nad woulda have been payed off by now... then i could do whatever to my z28 and still have a solid daily driver.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

95% of the time people call my firebird a TA or an camaro. and they swear it is an v8. maybe its my mods and it sounds meaner than alot of v8's. but yes alot of imports think they are beating a v8 car and have no idea. not all us v6 guys are slow.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Teching In

If you want to race people, you might as well be able to differentiate a z28 and a v6, but there are a handfull of bad *** v6 F bodies floating around
Old 01-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Teching In

I'm in college. I know all about the bad v6 vibes... 90% or so of the F-bodies and Mustangs are v6s. But half of them have bigger/louder exhaust than I do. I have a friend in the next building who swears his girlfriends 96 v6 auto. Camaro will kill my formy. "Dude, she's taken me for some fast rides, that thing is sick!" Better yet, a few days later I was in his room and his girlfriend came in and he brought up the cars. Even she said he was wrong. It was great.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Great discussion guys....
Old 01-24-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nightrida
95% of the time people call my firebird a TA or an camaro. and they swear it is an v8. maybe its my mods and it sounds meaner than alot of v8's. but yes alot of imports think they are beating a v8 car and have no idea. not all us v6 guys are slow.
hey man what times do you run with your current mods?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

but i have a V6
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

stock 1/8th 9.90 2.0 60ft 78mph thats on street tires and open diff. i havent ran in a while since i ammaxing the stock injectors on motor alone.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tye698
those wrx are hella fast for a 4banger...in the 13s stock..my ss could only pull down 14.01 in the bilion degree heat here in vegas last summer....hopping for 11s this spring..when my complete rebuild is done....the guy ibought parts from sent me dyno sheets of 430 rwhp...that should do it i think
I haven't seen a stock WRX run 13's here in Vegas.