Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any issues, complaints or needed spacers for Rollmaster Adj. Dbl ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any issues, complaints or needed spacers for Rollmaster Adj. Dbl ??

Thinking of going with the Rollmaster Adj Dbl roller timing set, as the single Coyes and Jwiss is a little pricey. Using a newer, SFI Spec ASP Pulley would I need maching or any oil pump spacers?
Anyone have bad experiences with the RM set?
I wanted a single adjustable set, if theres any other options to the Cloyes/Jwiss let me know.
Thanks

Charlie
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

The only issue I saw with a RM double was the aluminum spacer for the oil pump to block hole. It can be put in backwards so be careful, this will leave a slight gap.

I went with the Comp cams single adjustable but I believe its the same as the Cloyes???

The thing with the comp cams unit is its adjustable from outside, with a minor drill/tap of the front cover.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an SFI ASP Pulley and am running a Rollermaster Double. Its been fine for almost 2 years and about 8,000 miles.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RM double and asp here too w/ no problems. like stated, just make sure you put the spacers in the right way.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:01 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

I have an slp dual roller. the only problem is when changing a cam you have to drop the oil pump.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LS1 Swapper
The only issue I saw with a RM double was the aluminum spacer for the oil pump to block hole. It can be put in backwards so be careful, this will leave a slight gap.

I went with the Comp cams single adjustable but I believe its the same as the Cloyes???

The thing with the comp cams unit is its adjustable from outside, with a minor drill/tap of the front cover.

Mind explaining o rhave pics of this hole and adjustment? Never heard of this before.
Thanks guys, great info, especially the spacer part. Good News I just got a promotion (better is its back dated to 1 Jan) so thinking the Cloyes/JWISS option seems less hassle, and with dropping the pump to change a cam, hell no, I go through them things to quick

Thanks

Charlie
Old 02-07-2005, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CAT3
Mind explaining o rhave pics of this hole and adjustment? Never heard of this before.
Thanks guys, great info, especially the spacer part. Good News I just got a promotion (better is its back dated to 1 Jan) so thinking the Cloyes/JWISS option seems less hassle, and with dropping the pump to change a cam, hell no, I go through them things to quick

Thanks

Charlie
http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/L...imingcover.jpg

See the small indent in the timing cover(to the right of his thumb)? Drill and tap that, then put a plug in(that wont hit the cam sprocket bolts). If you want to change the advance/retard on the cam. Take out that plug, pull out the push rods, rotate the engine over until you loosen all three cam sprocket bolts. Turn it to the essentric on the sprocket for adjustment, dial in the advance/retard your after, tighten cam bolts after, check again to ensure it didn't move(the cam bolts need only be slightly loosened). I have checked my engine at all the different advances for PTV clearance and I know what is safe for me to adjust between.

You need to ensure that the hole is large enough to get a socket inside, and that you can make the adjustment. Follow this at your own risk
Old 02-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Restricted User

thanks.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

why not just get the cloyes without the jwiss chain?