Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Nitrous Units...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Progressive Nitrous Units...

What advantages does the NOS digital have over the Crane???

The crane is BY FAR the cheapest...

I am just looking to ramp up the nitrous accordingly with RPM, any help/input on other controllers is appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Progressive controllers hammer the solenoids causing them to leak and fail sooner.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

When play with nitrous and nitrous controllers it is not always the best idea to go with the cheapest thing out there.
We offer tow different units at this the the Maximzer and the other unit.. Maximzier retail for around 850.00 and the other goes for 399.00 Sorry I keep calling it the other one but I never gave the smaller unit a name. (redheaded step child )

If the system you have is an NX do not worry about the solenoid wearing out, covered by warranty.

Ricky
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
When play with nitrous and nitrous controllers it is not always the best idea to go with the cheapest thing out there.
We offer tow different units at this the the Maximzer and the other unit.. Maximzier retail for around 850.00 and the other goes for 399.00 Sorry I keep calling it the other one but I never gave the smaller unit a name. (redheaded step child )

If the system you have is an NX do not worry about the solenoid wearing out, covered by warranty.

Ricky

They are NX noids, but I bought them used so I don't know if it's covered.

White2001, as to the progressive wearing them out, no ****. I took the safety precaution of having two inline nitrous noids though. So go back to whatever trashcan you crawled out of, and please stay out of my threads. This is a technical forum and I would like it if people with actual knowledge replied.

Ricky, how is the crane one though?? What makes the others better??? I have narrowed my choices to the NOS digital or the crane, unless there is something in between the price.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
They are NX noids, but I bought them used so I don't know if it's covered.

White02, as to the progressive wearing them out, no ****. I took the safety precaution of having two inline nitrous noids though. So go back to whatever trashcan you crawled out of.

Ricky, how is the crane one though?? What makes the others better??? I have narrowed my choices to the NOS digital or the crane, unless there is something in between the price.
Never seen the crane, that other makes a good fishingline weight. In summit that nos one sells for 550.00. I bet you can get with one of our dealers and pick up a Maximizer for a few dollars more... I will need to do some checking on that crane unit and get back with you.
I will tell you that two noids in line can change the final out hp output for a given level.

The Maximizer included a huge amount of safety feature that no one else does.

Ricky
Old 02-16-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never seen the crane, that other makes a good fishingline weight. In summit that nos one sells for 550.00. I bet you can get with one of our dealers and pick up a Maximizer for a few dollars more... I will need to do some checking on that crane unit and get back with you.
I will tell you that two noids in line can change the final out hp output for a given level.

The Maximizer included a huge amount of safety feature that no one else does.

Ricky
I'm just not ready to drop 800+ on a progressive unit that I'm not even positive I need. I would rather spend 250 on a cheaper unit (I use nitrous RARELY anyway), and have less features. I already have a window switch and WOT switch.

As long as it can ramp the nitrous with RPM's, I'm okay with that. I just want the most basic of controller.

Also, why is the nos one a fishing weight?? Does it have a lot of problems? Hard to use? Faulty?

Thanks a LOT for the reply though! Let me know if you find out anything on the crane unit.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:15 PM

I'm just not ready to drop 800+ on a progressive unit that I'm not even positive I need. I would rather spend 250 on a cheaper unit (I use nitrous RARELY anyway), and have less features. I already have a window switch and WOT switch.

As long as it can ramp the nitrous with RPM's, I'm okay with that. I just want the most basic of controller.

Also, why is the nos one a fishing weight?? Does it have a lot of problems? Hard to use? Faulty?

Thanks a LOT for the reply though! Let me know if you find out anything on the crane unit.
Ok I just finished reading up on the crane unit. You can not use that unit with out system. (will you could use it but you will send it back shortly there after) You will burn their controller up. It is rated at 10amps.
so you can rule that one out. Buy what I am reading they built this thing for the nos dry kits, which used small n20 noid with low amp draw.
Ricky
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I currently have a dry kit. I am running two NX nitrous solenoids in line with eachother.

How many amps is a nitrous solenoid?? Will it only support one noid?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:20 PM

I currently have a dry kit. I am running two NX nitrous solenoids in line with eachother.

How many amps is a nitrous solenoid?? Will it only support one noid?
Ok our .063 or small purge valve pulls 8 amps. So if you have that one you could use it on that progressive. The other noid wire it up as a standard system, at full throttle its open.
If its the large one you are looking at 25 amps.
Ricky
Old 02-16-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

White2001, as to the progressive wearing them out, no ****. I took the safety precaution of having two inline nitrous noids though. So go back to whatever trashcan you crawled out of, and please stay out of my threads. This is a technical forum and I would like it if people with actual knowledge replied.
You're way out of line. I have used a progressive before so I have knowledge from first hand experience unlike you. What I posted was brief and technically accurate.

that is all.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok our .063 or small purge valve pulls 8 amps. So if you have that one you could use it on that progressive. The other noid wire it up as a standard system, at full throttle its open.
If its the large one you are looking at 25 amps.
Ricky

Thanks for saving me 250 bucks!! I don't know, maybe I will just try a full 175 hit . Something just doesn't seem safe about a 175 hit on a stock longblock boosted car (03 cobra), what are your opinions on this???

PS: I really wish the ford boards had some tech. like this....thanks a lot for the help.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The maximizer is the only RPM based progressive unit that I know of. All of the other units are time based. Call Nitro Dave he has them for alot less that 800$
Old 02-17-2005, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be able to pick up a Maximizer for about 600. i would do that and not look back, I love the ones I have installed. Better then the others, no comparison really. Unless you are really hard up to save $50-$100 I wouldn't even think about anything else.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:08 AM

Thanks for saving me 250 bucks!! I don't know, maybe I will just try a full 175 hit . Something just doesn't seem safe about a 175 hit on a stock longblock boosted car (03 cobra), what are your opinions on this???

PS: I really wish the ford boards had some tech. like this....thanks a lot for the help.
Your Welcome,
I would start very small since it is a boost application... I also give tech on a Ford forum but seem to get just bashed for tyring to help people... Now I know I catch hell on this forum every now and then, (I am sure I deserved it to).. Also its hard to give tech on a dry kit, since we are so committed to the wet product. Maybe we should think about setting off into that market, what do yall think'?
Ricky
Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

I don't think a 175 hit on a boosted car is a good idea! Why not do a 50-75 shot and forget about the controller. Don't get greedy!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I don't think a 175 hit on a boosted car is a good idea! Why not do a 50-75 shot and forget about the controller. Don't get greedy!
I have customers doing it believe it or not.
Dave
Old 02-17-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sure the maximizer is awesome, but for 600, I rather just add another dry stage. I'm seriously considering the Crane unit myself.

Ricky, how does your .063 orfice NX noid compare in flow to the nos powershot? You can get approx 130-140 hp out of a powershot with no jet, I'd like to know how the small NX noid compares. And lastly, how is the quality of the small .063 when introduced to a progressive controller? Same as the bigger NX's?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
I'm sure the maximizer is awesome, but for 600, I rather just add another dry stage. I'm seriously considering the Crane unit myself.

Ricky, how does your .063 orfice NX noid compare in flow to the nos powershot? You can get approx 130-140 hp out of a powershot with no jet, I'd like to know how the small NX noid compares. And lastly, how is the quality of the small .063 when introduced to a progressive controller? Same as the bigger NX's?

Thanks!
The .063 is good for a solid 150 of free flow. Quality is the same as the larger NX one. Teflon piston stainless steel body, and epoxied E coil.. The abuse on the smaller orifice noid is lesser then the larger counter part. Being that the orifice is small not near the amount of down force ever time it closes.

Ricky
Old 02-17-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LASTLS1

I dont think it's a good idea. I have been using the 75 shot for about a month now, and well, it got boring . I'm looking for 9.99's at 135+ early this season. And I already have a fuel system. These cars are perfectly capable of taking a 175+ hit + 16#'s of boost, as well as the tune is good.

With the new fuel system, I will be starting off with a 120 shot, and working my way up in increments of 20 or so.

After reading the replies, and reading other threads, I think I am going to pass on a progressive unit.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You might want to look at a simple time dealy switch to ease the shock, that might be all you really need. DynoTune sells a very good one for that application, I think its only $59?
www.dynotunenitrous.com